Blood Red Lies

Chase Me, It's a Run For Your Money

"What the hell happened to you?!" Rosé asked when she saw slight bruise marks on Ten's neck. Lisa healed the holes with her blood, but the purple marks were still visible. Ten held his neck. "Just some late night practicing and a couple wrong positions. It's nothing too bad. I'm just trying to perfect our moves. For both cheer and dance." he lied.

Lisa walked beside Jungkook as the two sat down at the lunch table with Rosé and Ten. Lisa turned to Jungkook. "Why are you here" Lisa asked. Jungkook shrugged before he got up to go sit with his friends. Ten leaned over to Rosé. "Why is Lisa with your boyfriend's best friend?" he asked holding his neck slightly when it began to hurt.

Lisa kept quiet as noticed the gesture. This was all her fault. She should've stuck to one person and one person only. She should have pulled Rosé aside. "They're roommates, but they act like a couple." Lisa threw the first thing her hand touched at Rosé. 

"How dare you. There is no way in this lifetime or the next that I will ever date Jungkook. I barely like sharing the same breathing space with him." she spoke angrily. Rosé kept quiet as she tucked her hair behind her ear and began eating. Ten noticed the tension and decided to speak. Not a good idea.

"I mean she's right," he started. Lisa sent him a death glare causing him to gulp. "I mean the way he follows you around and the way you fight it seems like you're just a couple that constantly jokes around." Lisa scoffed. "I've only know him for a few days and I hate his guts."

"He's just so hard to understand. One minute he's making snarky remarks and the next he's trying to flirt. Is this a normal thing here?" she asked. Ten and Rosé exchanged a glance before shrugging. Lisa rolled her eyes. 'Whatever," she said as she picked up her bag and started walking towards the gym. "We need to practice."

The other two soon followed as well as the rest of the team walking in one by one. "Alright guys we have a month to come up with a routine that will get us first place again. Now we have Lisa. Hopefully she'll give us that extra spunk that we need." Ten announced. 

The team wasn't feeling it today. There was no reply. Ten's smile faded. "Alright then. Since no one wants to give me feedback let's run a mile." he spoke before he started running expecting everyone to follow. Lisa looked at Rosé as she began running. "Does he usually do this?" she asked. Rosé sighed. "Only when he's in a mood. He's a good runner so it's no problem for him, but for some of us it's torture."

 

Lisa nodded before she began speeding up and finished her laps with Ten. "You're a fast runner." he complimented as he watched the others run. Lisa smiled. "Have you thought about doing any running sports?" Ten asked. Before Lisa could answer she noticed the boy's eyes falling low as well as his head.

"Ten are you okay?" her question was answered when his body fell to the floor. "Oh my goodness!" Rosé yelled as she ran over to them. "We need to get him to the nurse." she spoke. "I'll get him there fast enough." Lisa assured picking him up and walking out of the gym.

When she was sure no one was looking she used her speed ability to get to the nurse's office quicker. She managed to find it easily. "Help!" she yelled as she walked in carrying the male. As soon as the nurse saw the two she instructed Lisa to lay Ten down. 

"He seems a little fatigued." she spoke as she examined him. "It almost seems as if his body is giving up on him." the nurse turned to Lisa. "Has anything happened to him as you know of?" the nurse asked. Lisa shook her head guiltily.

The nurse then saw the bruises on Ten's neck. "This doesn't look good." she looked at Lisa. "You should get back to what you were doing." she suggested. "I'm going to keep him here for a while." Lisa smiled sadly before she began walking back to the gym. 

She couldn't bring herself to face everyone though so instead she went to her room locked herself in the bathroom and cried as she did the first time. Luckily Jungkook wasn't there and hopefully he wouldn't walk in and hear her again.

This was all his fault. If he hadn't been so hard on her and controlling for the things she did wrong she wouldn't be this way. This was why she left in the first place. She had to get away. She wouldn't live very long if she had stayed.

But this, this new life. It's only making her feel worse. She's trying her hardest to hide it. Behind all the mean looks and smart remarks, but really she just wants the love she was never given, but she'll never admit that. 

Lisa sat there crying to herself for hours before she heard Jungkook open the door. He was singing. Lisa hadn't heard him sing since she first arrived. His voice sounded nice. Almost as if it was being sung to her." she wiped her tears before exiting the bathroom and leaving their shared room without a word being spoken.

She walked down the hall with her head down. She was going to go visit Ten since it had been hours since she had last been with him. She had many missed calls and ignored texts from the team. She forgot that she never went back to the gym, but they were all probably gone by now.

When she arrived at the nurse's office she knocked softly before she was let in. The nurse smiled at her as she looked at Ten's still body. "How is he?" she asked. The nurse looked at him. "He'll be okay, but it'll take him some time to recover from whatever has happened to his body. Probably two weeks." she explained.

"When he wakes up I'm going to make an appointment with a doctor so he can be further examined." she added. Lisa wanted to drive a stake into her own chest. She's ruined everything for the team Ten worked so hard to cater to. He loved dancing and she took that from him with her own selfish ways."

Lisa couldn't form any words. She quickly left and rushed down the hallway. She was walking so frantically as she wiped her tears that she didn't see a body step right in front of her. She bumped into the person and was surprised when she saw Jennie standing in front of her.

"What do you want?" Lisa spat, her voice cracking slightly. Jennie scoffed. "Don't play the innocent card with me. I saw what you did to Ten. You're the reason why he's sick and you're the reason why we're not going to win this year. Great going. I never thought vampires actually existed until now."

Lisa wanted to be shocked. She wanted to compel Jennie to keep shut, but there was one thing she didn't understand. Why wasn't Jennie freaking out over the fact that she was a vampire?

_____

Author's Note: Did I triple update? Ya girl's on a roll. If I didn't have to get up so early I would probably keep writing. I shouldn't be up now, but I felt the need to update a ton. Hopefully these chapters are pleasing to you all. Things are getting interesting and I really don't know what I'm writing anymore *cries* Vote, comment, share :)