Practice Makes Perfect

Chase Me, It's a Run For Your Money

"You're obviously not too pleased to talk to me, but I want to show you something." he said as he walked past her. She hesitated, but soon followed. Lisa walked down another unfamiliar hallway. She was thinking about roaming the halls instead of sleeping tonight. Then she would know her way around and she could find a late night snack.

The two passed by through two huge doors which brought Lisa to their large gym. "This is where we practice of course. For cheer and dance." Ten spoke, but kept on walking until they went through another door which led them to another short hallway. 

Boyfriend, Annoying teenagers, hallways, long walks. Lisa wanted to kill herself. How do human enjoy this? Ten stopped at one of the doors and pulled out a key before he unlocked it. He turned to Lisa. "After you," he spoke. She walked in first and was welcomed with a stand filled with trophies.

"Those four are for dance. We've won four consecutive years in a row," he pointed out. "And those, are for cheer." he finished. Lisa examined all the trophies. "We've won the regional competition twice and went on to state to win that one." Ten said smiling proudly. "I'm glad you're thinking about joining the dance team."

Lisa sent him a small smile. "It'll be nice I suppose. I enjoyed dancing before I came here, but its been years since I've performed." she admitted. Ten's smile turned into a frown. 'Why is that?" he asked. Lisa sent him a glare. "If you don't mind me asking." he added. Lisa sighed before leaving the room. "Forget it." she muttered.

After her remaining class periods in which she stayed quiet the entire time ignoring Jungkook and Rosé. Lisa walked quickly to her dorm room unlocking it with her card and walking in. She then rummaged through her bags. At the same time Jungkook entered the room. Lisa picked out some clothes and went into the bathroom slamming the door.

Jungkook flinched. He had come to lay his bag down before leaving to go to his vocal training classes. He shrugged it off and left. It wasn't like he cared anyway. That was until he came back two hours later and Lisa was still in the bathroom. He tried opening the door, but it was locked. He wasn't worried. Just curious why she was taking so long and why she was so quiet.

Jungkook then tried calling her name and knocking. No answer. He may or may not be worried now. Before he could call the administration office he heard small sniffles. He frowned. Was Lisa crying? He then walked towards the door. He knocked again. "Lisa? Are you okay?" he asked. 

"I know we hate each other, but I just want to make sure you're okay." he stated. he felt a pang in his chest, but he shrugged it off. The door opened and Lisa walked out looking totally normal. Her eyes weren't red or low as if she had been crying. Her skin was normal and her hair was pulled back as she wore shorts and a shirt.

She looked at Jungkook weirdly. "What do you want ert?" she spat. Jungkook frowned. "You were in there for a long time. I thought-" - "I was just getting ready to go tryout for the dance team." she said as she walked past him. Jungkook was confused. He was one hundred percent sure he heard crying and Lisa wasn't answering him.

He watched as she grabbed a few things before walking towards the door. "Lisa," he stopped her. She didn't turn around she just stood there. "I-I...I'm glad to know you're okay." Jungkook said. Lisa still stood there not making any movements. She just walked away, shutting the door.

She frantically walked to the gym with her head down. She didn't want anyone to see her on the verge of crying. Wrong place. Wrong time.

Lisa finally made it to the gym. As she walked in everyone was stretching. "Lisa!" Rosé exclaimed. Ten smiled upon seeing the female.

Lisa walked over to the circle of people stretching. "Everyone this is Lisa. She's taken an interest in joining our dance team." Ten announced.

"Come on and start stretching don't be shy." Ten told her. Lisa complied and began stretching with the others.

"Let me introduce a couple of people," Ten started. "As you know I'm the co-captain, you know Rosé, that's Seulgi, Irene, Sehun, Jennie, and Yugyeom."

Lisa smiled at all them that Ten announced, rolling her eyes at Jennie, of course.

"So who's the captain?" Lisa asked. Ten and Rosé exchanged looks as well as a few others. "We actually don't have on anymore. It's a pretty tragic story."

Lisa frowned. "So why didn't you become the captain?" she asked Ten. Ten sighed before he got off of the ground.

"It's complicated. We'll explain it later. Right now we need to practice. Our competition is coming up." he mentioned.

"Really when?" Lisa asked. Ten smiled at her. "Next month." he answered. "Wh-" Ten stopped her. "I'll explain everything later."

After practicing, the team decided that they would love to have her on the team with a few extra practices on her own time.

Lisa also learned that most of the dancers were cheerleaders because the cheerleaders decided they wanted a dance team.

Ten then explained that their old captain Momo was involved in an accident and they don't want to replace her. If it were cheerleading they'd have no choice, but it just didn't feel right to the dancers.

Which is why they recruited her. She wouldn't fill Momo's spot, but she would make the numbers on the team even again.

Lisa ended up hanging out with Ten after practice. She learned some things that she didn't want to believe. She thought being a vampire was bad. Humans truly are horrible.

Ten opened up to her about how Momo helped him in his first year at the university. Ten was in a horrible relationship in which his ex-boyfriend used him and gave him false hope, but because Ten thought he was so in love he stayed with him which made his boyfriend think he could take advantage of him.

Which he did. He abused him and did things that take Ten years to recover from. Lisa sighed. "I'm so sorry." Lisa said as the two sipped their drinks. "It's a tragic part of my life, but I can't just ignore it."

Lisa sighed. "If only..." she began. Ten looked at her with a bit of curiosity. "If only I could do the same." she muttered. "Do you want to talk about it?" Ten asked. Lisa sighed. "Maybe another time. It's the reason I came here in the first place."

The two talked some more before Ten decided to walk Lisa to her room. Lisa stopped walking and looked at the ground. She didn't want to, but she had to. The urge was too bad and she didn't have time to find Rosé.

"Lisa? Are you okay?" Ten asked turning around. Lisa walked up to him. There faces were nearly touching. "Lisa what do you think you're doing?" Ten asked.  "I'm so sorry." Lisa apologized before she sunk her fangs into his neck.

_____

Author's Note: Poor Ten. He became a victim of Lisa's hunger. At least Rosie got a break. So we got some back stories here and soon we'll know Lisa's story and we'll have more Liskook action. Vote, comment, share :)