Sweet Rain (Part 1)

Kang Daniel Scenarios/Short Stories

Note from Author: Hey guys! I know I've been away for SO long, but I'm finally back! I've been busy with vacation and other things. I hope you guys understand!


Two people meet for a reason, they either say it's a blessing or a lesson. You didn't know which one it was, to be honest. Your times with Daniel have been the best but you have learned so much because of him. Through the times when you were alone because of Daniel's busy schedule, you learned that even when you love someone, you can actually feel alone. It has been so long since you have felt his touch. You remembered when he was always by your side. The mornings and nights were filled with kisses. You remember going on dates with him, driving through the town, and taking photos of the foods that you made together. It's all gone now. 

The apartment was filled with memories, but at the same time, it felt so empty. It's been a while since he came home, ever since he started to live his dream, you started to see him less and less. You didn't blame him though, it was something he wanted for so long, he would always talk about his passions to you. You expressed that you would support him through whatever he goes through and you plan on keeping my word. You just don't know if you can keep those words while being his significant other anymore. Maybe if both of you were just friends things would have been easy. You would not have to feel this pain of missing him so much, you would not have to eat alone after coming home from work, you would not have to watch television all by yourself every night. These same routines cherished every day now became memories. 

It was cold. you raised my head and looked out the window, it was raining. You focused on the droplets of water, for some reason it was calming. You started to think about all the promises you guys made in the past, you remembered all the laughter you shared in this apartment. You ran your hand through the sofa gently and closed your eyes as you felt the coldness of the leather. You inhaled and exhaled lightly. You opened your eyes only to see the television that was turned off. Suddenly, a small chill ran through your arms which made you hug yourself while shaking lightly. 

You stared at your phone for a moment, thinking if you should send Daniel a message. You did not know what kind of message you wanted to send because he has not answered most of them. You understood he was busy, but you missed him even more today. A part of you told yourself to keep quiet and wait, but another said to break the silence. You abruptly slammed your palm against your phone and pulled it towards you slowly. You slid your pointer finger across the screen making it unlock. You pressed against Daniel's contact name and soon you held your phone beside your ear anticipating if he would pick-

"Hello?" You heard his low voice and it made you shuffle your feet as you gathered yourself together even more.

"H-hey Daniel..how are you?" You asked quietly.

"I'm good babe, what are you up to?" You heard him panting and the other wanna one members talking in the background.

"Alright alright." You heard him say to s.

"I'm guessing you have to go?" You asked softly trying to anticipate the worst.

"Not yet, was there something you needed to tell me?" He asked in a tiring voice. You blinked and looked down at your feet.

"I wanted to ask if you had a moment to meet with me today, I wanted to talk about some stuff." You said and waited for his response. You still heard the other members shuffling in the background as they began to sing their debut song.

"Yeah sure, I'm free in an hour. Where do you want to meet?" He asked.

"At the cafe that we always go to?" You bit your inner lip and started to walk towards your room.

"Sure." He said and talked to the other members in the background. "I have to go now, I'll see you in a bit, okay? Love you." He smiled through the phone call and you hung up.

You walked towards your mirror and stared at yourself. You wondered if you were ready to do what you had to do. Soon, you started to shuffle through your closet and tried to pick out your outfit.

-

Mocha latte in your hand, you started to sip on it while you waited for Daniel. You heard the bell ring as the door opened, looking up, you found Daniel walking towards you with a bright smile. He placed his hand against the side of your head and rubbed it gently as he sat down. 

"Did you wait long?" He asked as he lightly raised his hand to order his regular iced black coffee.

"No, it's okay. I haven't been here long-" You said as you looked down at your latte.

"Is there something wrong?" He gently placed his hand on top of yours and rubbed his finger against your palm.

"Well...I wanted to talk to you about something, that's why I asked if you could come here.." You cleared your throat lightly and looked up at him.

"Okay, what's wrong?" He asked a little worried.

"I'm really glad you're living your dream, I mean it seems like you're having a really good time with the members. How is everything with them?" You asked looking at him with a small smile. He blinked and rubbed his hand against the side of his neck. 

"The members are doing fine, but what's wrong?" He asked in concern.

You looked down at your latte once more, gulped lightly and looked up at Daniel. Suddenly your eyes started to fill with tears. His face churned and looked even more concerned. He opened his mouth to speak but you interrupted. 

"I think it's best for us to part ways." You admitted to him. You bit your lip and waited for his response. A stab in the heart, that is what it felt like. Suddenly, the room got cold, everyone's voice in the cafe was mute and your heart was beating rapidly. You didn't know what Daniel was going to say.

"W-wha...why? How? What do you mean? I don't understand where this is coming from, I thought we were fine. I-" 

"Yeah we are fine, but I'm not.." A tear fell from your lids which made you look down at your latte again. Throughout these five months of where you were preparing for your dream, I felt alone. At first, I didn't mind because I really felt so happy for you- I mean I still am, I know what this means to you and I can't be any happier for you. But as time went by, I- I....just started to feel alone. I started to reminisce about our past, how we were like, what we did, and how everything was." Your hands started to shake, a big part of you regret saying those words. You guys have been together for so long. You never imagined a day like this to come... neither did he.

"(y/n) I...I'm sorry, I didn't know you felt like this. You know how things are for me right now. I'm so busy with the company and my members that I didn't take the time to think about your feelings... I'm really sorry, I really want to work things out with you, I still love you a lot and -"

"And I love you too, Daniel. Trust me when I say this, I love you with my whole heart, but-" You took a quick moment to gather yourself and force any kind of strength you had to overcome you. "I don't want to get in the way of your life, your dream, and you. You know I'll be supporting you, right?" You looked at him in the eyes and spoke in a painful tone. Daniel's lips started to stutter, about to tear up, he stopped himself. He kept his hands wrapped around yours. He stared at them and sighed.

"I really can't believe this is happening, but if you want this... if you really need this, then okay. I understand." He looked at you. "I'm sorry." He got up from his seat and walked out the door. You watched as he walked away, little by little, the image of him walking away soon disappeared.

And just like that, it started to rain, and somehow it felt like the sky knew how you were exactly feeling.