Just Friends

Kang Daniel Scenarios/Short Stories

Requested by: exo9irl

Thank you for requesting ^^


 

Tap, tap, tap. Just like a bad habit, you couldn't help but fidget your pencil with your fingers against the desk. Your right palm holding up your chin, you stared at your ultimate crush, Kang Daniel. You were staring at the back of his head and he was sitting next to his close friend. You waved your hand in front of you trying to achieve some cool wind to blow across your face, but of course not. It was sizzling hot in this classroom, air conditioners had to be broken, so the only source of cool air you guys had was two big fans.

When the professor came into the class, everyone greeted him and went back to suffering from the heat.

"Obviously, it is scorching hot, the air conditioners are broken...we're getting that fixed now...therefore, there will be no class today." The professor announced. The students went crazy. They were cheering, but not too much because they had no energy. 

"But that doesn't mean you can leave this room. Stay here until the bell rings." He instructed and everyone agreed.

After the teacher stopped talking, your friends came to your desk and struck up a conversation. 

"What are you guys doing today?" One of your friends asked.

"Me? I'm not sure. I think I have to go to an academy starting from today. Mother is signing me up." You rolled your eyes and giggled.

"So, when are you going to talk to Daniel?" She asked as she poked your arm. You glared at her and slapped her arm. 

"Shush! What if he heard you!" You frowned and glanced at the back of Daniel's head. Then you looked over to the friend that he was sitting next to. It was a girl, she had her head down which seemed like she was sleeping. You watched as he was looking down at her with his hand supporting the back of his head. Your smile disappeared, but you brushed any random thoughts off. Soon, the classroom began to feel cool again. The two huge fans gladly did its job which satisfied everyone in the classroom. 

The class was going by so slow, it seemed like forever since the last bell had rung. You began to daydream about the day your crush noticed you. You remembered as if it was yesterday, the day you were new to the school, the day you were lost in the hallways trying to find your way to your next class. Someone rammed their shoulder against yours making you drop all your books. You cursed to yourself, bent down and started to pick them up one by one. You were embarrassed, of course, you had to drop your books in front of everyone. Then a voice was heard, it was deep and soft. You looked up and it was a guy that shined his smile towards you. That is when you knew you were in love.

"Do you need some help?" You watched as he bent down to gather all the remaining books. 

"Thank you." The two of you stood up in sync.

"My name is Daniel by the way." He smiled as he handed the books towards you. "Where are you headed to? I haven't seen you around before." He asked.

"Yeah, I am new here. I'm trying to find my way to..." You opened up your planner to see your schedule. "Room B421?" You looked at him as his face lit up.

"It's right around the corner and I'm actually headed there too." He said as he kept on showing off his sweet smile. You felt these butterflies inside your stomach. You brushed it off as soon as he started to lead the way.

Ever since that day, you two spent time being close friends. It's been two years since you guys were friends, but still, you felt butterflies for him. He didn't suspect a thing, because to him, you were just.... a friend. There were days when you wanted to call him, bring him out, and confess, but you knew that wasn't possible. You cherished your friendship and how he felt more than anything else. 

You were back to your senses when you heard your name being called. It was Daniel trying to get your attention. He had a worried look, "Can you turn off the fan behind you?" He asked you as he placed his left hand against the girl that was sitting next to him. You glanced at her then back to him.

"Why? It's so hot in here." You stated.

"But she's cold." He side glanced at the girl that was sitting next to him. Ah yes, that girl was Daniel's crush. He had a crush on her ever since this semester began. When he first told you, he raved about this girl. It was awkward for you to endure and experience because... what can you exactly feel when your own crush is crushing on someone else, but he's also your close guy friend?

You rolled your eyes jokingly, turned around and turned off the fan. As you turned around, he was already looking at the girl, as she still took a nap. Then you thought, Daniel might like another girl, but maybe this was for the better. You two just being friends is for the better. You couldn't complain about the friendship you had between Daniel. Everything was good, even though your feelings for him grew every day. 

Like always, you brushed it off and said, "Oh well."