Pick Me

Kang Daniel Scenarios/Short Stories

It's been a while since you and Daniel have been friends. You guys met in elementary school and your parents were always so close. Your family and his would go on vacation and have gatherings a lot. 

It's been a dream for Daniel to become an idol. He dreamed about it since he was young. All he would do after school is practice rapping, singing, and dancing. When he had time, which he barely did, he would see his friends and his family. 

Earlier today, when school ended, he told you that he had to go to the practice room right away. With that, you hung out with your other friends for the day and went home to relax. You were on your bed playing with your phone, playing a game that was famous in Korea. Suddenly, you got a text message from Daniel. 

You sat up, clicked on the message and it read: "What are you up to?"

You replied with: "At home, playing a game on my phone. How is practice?" You looked up at the clock on your wall and saw that it was already 1am. You gasped a little to notice that it is so late and Daniel is still practicing. 

He replied: "I'm almost done. Are you busy?"

You replied: "No, I'm fine."

He replied: "Then can I meet you outside of your house? It'll only be momentarily."

You looked at the message that he sent, and started to type: "Is there something wrong? But sure." 

He replied with: "I'll be there in ten minutes." And with that, you got off your bed, looked at yourself in the mirror to see if you looked at least decent. You fixed yourself a little bit with makeup and headed out. When you stepped outside the gate, you looked both ways to see if Daniel was here. Because he wasnt, you went down the steps and waited on the streets for him. Looking down, you played with the pebbles with your foot and suddenly you heard your name. You looked up and it was Daniel. He was wearing black joggers, a white v neck, a blue and white checkered flannel, his grey sneakers, a black beanie, and a black backpack with his school supplies in them. He raised his hand and waved from afar. When he got to you, there was a short silence. For some reason, you were calm and glad to see Daniel. 

He looked at you and smiled a bit. "Why'd you wear makeup, it's 1am." With that, you were flustered but you didn't want to show it.

"I already had it on." You glanced at him and back down to the pebbles that you were playing with. "Why did you want to see me this late? I thought something was wrong." You said.

"No there is nothing wrong, but I thought about something." He looked at you looking down and noticed your foot was playing with the pebbles.

"What is it?" You asked avoiding eye contact.

"A few weeks ago, one of my friends told me that you liked me." He said quietly as he still noticed you weren't looking at him. Your eyes grew wide, still avoiding eye contact. 

"Who did you hear that from?" You asked Daniel.

"I don't think that is important right now. I wanted to confirm it and ask you in person, is it true?" He asked. 

You lightly gulped, your heart was starting to pound. You raised your head slowly and looked at him. You noticed that he was calm about it and thought to yourself how he was so calm. 

"Why? We're just friends. Nothing is going to change. Besides our family is close and-"

"Answer me, is it true?" Daniel stepped in a little closer. You took a step back because you were nervous. Your heart was pounding. 

"Y-yeah...." You answered quietly. He then grabbed your left hand. You looked up at him in confusion. 

"Me too....." He said softly. "I like you too."  He then stepped in, cupped your face with his other hand. He leaned in and went for a kiss. Your eyes grew wider, your heart was beating rapidly. He backed away slowly and smiled a bit.

"Then... starting today it's day one for us." He said while smiling.