Slight Change

The Sound of Heart

It had been already weeks since Seohyun came to the house and started to live with Kyuhyun. There were many things happened, many arguments, many screams, many sighs in frustration and many sulkings. Kyuhyun had adapted her presence and even started to enjoy it, even though sometimes he still felt her being in the house was a nuisance. Like when he was home with some bruises over his face for having had a fight with no other than Jung Yonghwa.

 

“What happened?” Seohyun shrieked as she saw Kyuhyun walked in the house.

“Nothing…” Kyuhyun replied shortly.

“Kyuhyun, you’re beaten!” she took him by the wirst, sat him on the couch and went to the bathroom to get the first-aid box. He stared at his wirst which had just touched by her, wondering how on earth she could touch him, while the other hand he could almost nothing. No warmth of a human touch, no feeling of being grabbed, no nothing. He then sat down and waited for her to come back.

 

Once she got the box, she applied the medicine to his bruises. Wincing now and then, while telling her what she should put, he avoided every questions from her as much as possible, but ended up telling her nevertheless. She was as curious as a creature could be, anyway.

 

“You should tell him somehow, Kyuhyun…”

“Tell him what?”

“That he can do that-this to you. If that Yonghwa guy likes her, what’s her name again?”

“Shin Hye,”

“Ah, right Shin Hye. If he likes her, all he has to do is just tell her instead of beat you out for some crazy reason.”

“Yeah, crazy reason, indeed…” he responded lazily.

 

“She accused you for using her in order to get a good grade, just because she asked you to partner with her in chem. That is soooo not fair!” she said with high pitch, making Kyuhyun winced. Her hands flailed every where whenever she emphasized something.

“I’m not going to tell him anything…”

“But, why? He should know that what he did is…”

 

In times like this, when he didn’t in the mood to talk, let alone to hear someone’s rambling on things he didn’t care of, he felt that having Seohyung around was really, really… He didn’t even know how to say it.

 

“Seohyun, I barely talk to him, alright? Why do I have to act like some match-making hero out of sudden? It’s his problem that he’s so coward he can’t even say to her what he’s feeling...” He leaned back on the couch and closed his eyes. That was long day for him.

 

“That’s why you should just tell him to give it a try,…” she sighed, “instead of being some crazy jealous bastard that he is…”

 

Kyuhyun opened his eyes and looked at her in amusement, “Seohyun, bad word!” he said in false reprimanding voice.

 

“Oh my God!” she clasped her hand on , her wide eyes stared at him in horror.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t…”

 

And Kyuhyun only laughed his heart out. Apparantly, the day didn’t as bad as he’d thought.

 

 

***

 

Seohyun was watching a drama when Kyuhyun came from school that day. She sat on the couch, hugging her knees, clutching a tissue box and sniffing.

 

“Hey,” Kyuhyun said as he walked to the kitchen to grab a bottle of water.

“Hey,” she replied with hoarse voice.

 

Kyuhyun came back with a glass of water in his hand, looking confusedly at the scattered used tissues on the table.

 

“What’s wrong?... You get a cold?” he asked.

“Nah… I can’t get sick, remember? Why would I?” she chuckled.

 

He then sat down beside her and watched along the sappy drama with her. The drama told about a Gumiho, a fox from korean legend, coming to 21th century and lived with a man and, classy at it might sound, fell in love with him. But then she disappeared from human world out of sudden, leaving the man she loved who eventually loved her back. Kyuhyun only rolled his eyes, but seeing how much Seohyun enjoyed the drama, he didn’t argue with her to change the channel. He didn’t usually watch tv at that time after all.

 

“Why did she leave her? That is not fair for him!” she complained while sniffing and dabbing the tissue to her nose.

“And why does this liquid keep running?!” she threw the tissue over the table.

 

Kyuhyun turned his head to look at him and then chuckled, “Seohyun, you’re crying?”

 

“Am I?” she asked him in confusion.

“Wait… I didn’t know you could cry…”

“Neiter did I…” she shook her head slightly.

 

 

Silence remained between them. Seohyun blinked her eyes a couple of time and stared blankly at Kyuhyun. Both wondered the same thing.

 

 

***

Well, what happened with Seohyun?

I almost forgot with this! I'm sorry my beloved readers :''|

Comments and subscribers are loved :)