Encounter, or rather not?

The Sound of Heart

I woke up at six and looked at the ceiling before stood up and prepared my self to school. Today was my very first day without her. We were still in our mourning, but we decided to keep the routine in order to kill the sadness. You got even sadder, when you did nothing, right?


“Mommy, how are you? Is it nice to be there?”

I stood up and went to the bath room to wash up. I stared at the mirror as I put the toothpaste upon my toothbrush.

“It’s just only a day and I already miss you...”

I shook my head as my eyes became teary, “no, man doesn’t cry,” I whispered to my self.

I ran down the stair, only to find a pair of toasts on the dining table. My father seemed to go to the office before me, as usual. But this was so nice of him which I hadn’t seen before. I didn’t know he could be like this too. I smiled as I took the looked-not-so-tasty bread in front of me. Had he ever done it before? It seemed like he put quite much effort to do this. I chuckled.

“Mom, I’m go...” I shook my head for this silliness.

“Mommy isn’t here anymore, Cho Kyuhyun. So be used to it!” I murmured to myself.

***


“I’ve heard about your mother, Kyu,” said Jonghyun, Kyuhyun’s classmate and one of his bestfriends, as he put some books from his locker to the bag.

“I’m sorry,” he added.

The boy slammed his locker’s door and turned his body to face him, only to say, “Don’t be. It has nothing to do with you, hasn’t it?”, before he left him dumbfounded. He just didn’t want any body to bother him for now, not even his friend.

“I just want to comfort you, since you’re my friend,” he whispered to himself as he watch the gloomy boy walk away.

“I think he just needs time for himself,” he thought.



***

“Hey...” someone called him from the end of the corridor.


He sighed, “not this time, just please...” he whispered while gritted his teeth of annoyance.

Jung Yonghwa, everybody knew him; good looking, famous, vocalist of the most wanted band in the school, and had plenty fangirls. He had good personality, actually, even to the naughty boy named Cho Kyuhyun, until he found him rejected his forever crush, Park Shinhye in the prom last year.

“This little bastard not only made her crying, but also embarassing her in front of so many people that night,” this did always disturb Yonghwa, whenever he saw him.

Since then, he hated Kyuhyun to the core and always tried to make a big fuss with him, by hook or by crook. But no one ever knew, the real reason behind his hatefulness toward him, because he never had any guts to confess to this Shinhye girl. He was indeed famous and attractive, but she was no one, she wasn’t a queenka or whatnot, who loved to gain much attention. She was just like any other girl; befriending with everyone, peace-loving person, and wouldn’t like, for sure, to be skinned alive by masses of “hearty” fangirls of him. They could do anything to get rid of her and she was just too innocent to be hurt. And he didn’t want such a thing to happen to her, absolutely.


“Hey, are you deaf? I’m talking to you!”

Kyuhyun clenched his fist as he sensed Yonghwa approached to him.

“Just leave him, alone okay?” said Jonghyun who came out of nowhere.

“Don’t interfere, jonghyun-ah. The nerve of this guy ....” he said between his his gritted teeth after turn around to face Yonghwa.

He then marched to him and before anyone could stop, he punched Yonghwa’s face and walked pass him nonchalantly to God knew where.

“I told you so...” Jonghyun sneered.

***


Kyuhyun was on the rooftop of the school, skipping class the whole day to calm himself down, even his bestfriend Jonghyun couldn’t disturb him at the moment.

“Hhhh...,” he sighed.

“What to do now? It’s not like I have something... or someone as well, worths to live now,” he said as he buried his face on his palms.

You still have your dad, whom you always disappoint.

As if hearing the question, the sound in his heart answered it for him.

 

***

 

As his eyes fluttered open, he found himself lying on the couch in the living room. Gathering his conciousness, he looked at his wristwatch and realized that it already night, past seven pm to be exact. But his dad was still nowhere in the sight. He then remembered how he had skipped all the classes and gone home in the afternoon, as the sun had been already setting.

He sat up as he rubbed her eyes and adjusted himself to the surrounding until he realized,
there was something, or rather someone, stood up in front of him.

“a girl?” he asked mentally.

“what is she doing here?”

“Oh, you’re up?” the girl smiled to him.

“Cho Kyuhyun, isn’t it?” she added.

“Who are you? And what are you doing here?” the latter gave her a slight frown, rather irritated.

“So, Cho Kyuhyun...”

“Hey, i’m asking you! “ he cut her off, his voice raised a bit, showing clearly his irritableness of the whosoever girl in front of him who came out of nowhere.

She sniffed, “you didn’t answer my question either.”

And then she pouted, cute as ever which lessened the boy’s anger. But apparently, it didn’t help much as he retorted immediately once he snapped back from her beauty spell.

“Okay,... yes, I’m Cho Kyuhyun, the owner of this house, in case you haven’t known, although it was pretty clear... and now, who are you and what are you doing here, missy?” he asked as he rolled his eyes.

The mysterious girl nodded slightly,

“you are much more handsome than I thought, but much much more irritating than I have ever imagined,” she said mentally.

“oh my...” Kyuhyun’s eyes widened as he realized something,

“you’re a bit... trans... pa... rant?” he stuttered.

 

***

*sigh* I'm finally coming back after decades lol

I actually wanted to post this chap long time ago, but something happened to my pc and to my horror, I had no back up datas TT,TT

I hope you could be patient for my slooooooow update

My holiday will soon end and I'm not sure if I could manage my time well to still provide you readers with my updates regularly

But I will still try my best :))

 

Comment and Subscribe are very appreciated :)