The Pest and Realization

The Sound of Heart

“What do you want? I don’t need any company now. Once I do, I’ll surely call you. And now, just go home, okay?” Kyuhyun couldn’t hide his annoyance, God knows the reason why he was.

 

“Hey, easy… I’ve just come, alright? Why don’t you let me come in and sit down first?,” Jonghyun walked in the house casually,

 

”right, beautiful?,” he smiled to Seohyun.

 

 

 

Kyuhyun rolled his eyes as he held himself from burying that cheesy, disgusting man alive.

 

The confused girl smiled back to Jonghyun and tugged the sleeve of the guy beside her,

 

“Erm… Kyuhyun, I think I’ll just go back to the kitchen and get you two something… Would you like to drink, ermm…?” asked she nervously.

 

“Jonghyun’s the name…” he stretched his arm and smiled to his ears.

 

“Shove it to yourself, young man!” Kyuhyun smack his friend’s arm immediately and sent him an ‘unfriendly’ glare, enough for the latter to gulp down and take back his stretching hand.

 

 

 

“What’s wrong with you?” asked Jonghyun, feeling a bit intimidated.

 

“What’s wrong with you?” asked Kyuhyun back.

 

 

 

“Seohyun, just go in. Anything will do for him, even if it’s just pool water,” said he sarcastically, his eyes never left the poor guy before him.

 

“But we don’t have any pool, do we?” she frowned, but her question left unanswered because the dark stare Kyuhyun gave to her could already make her go away.

 

 

 

 

“So, Seohyun it is?” Jonghyun smirked which could only make Kyuhyun more furious.

 

 

***

 

“Who is it actually? Your cousin?” Jonghyun whispered as he and Kyuhyun now sat down in the living room.

 

Kyuhyun ignored the talkactive guy, enjoying munching his fried rice which had been ignored before.

 

“I’ve never heard that you have such a beautiful cousin, you stingy jerk!” Jonghyun elbowed him hardly.

 

“Stop that!” was only Kyuhyun’s response.

 

 

 

 

“Can I court her?” said Jonghyun while grinning sheepishly. Kyuhyun only looked at him indisbilief, before….

 

 

 

BANG!!

 

 

 

“Ouch! What was that for?, ” Jonghyun rubbed his poor head.

 

“For talking rubbish…” stated Kyuhyun nonchalantly as he rose from his seat to go to the kitchen.

 

 

“Jeez… The nerve of this guy…” Jonghyung gritted his teeth and made a face.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A couple of minutes later Seohyun came with a glass of tea for the latter guy...

 

 

”So, Seohyun... to which school do you go?” asked Jonghyun as he leaned against the sofa and enjoyed the beautiful creature beside him.

 

“Erm... I... actually... I don't go to school...” answered Seohyun nervously, her eyes roaming around the room, looking for help or rather looking for…. him.

 

 

She asked herself where he was and what took him so long for whatever he was doing at the time.

 

 

 

“You don’t?” asked Jonghyun in confusion.

 

 

“Erm…,” she kept fidgeting in her seat and tried her best to avoid eye contact with the guy beside.

 

 

Finally, the main guy came. Kyuhyun took a seat feets away from the other two, ignoring them who seemed to be more comfortable to each other

.

 

She kept taking glances to Kyuhyun, signaling that she needed some sorts of help before the former guy attack her again with the other unanswerable question. But he didn't seem to get it, or rather pretend not to get it. He looked like he was being in foul mood, God knows why. His eyes plestered on the tv screen, flipping through tv channels without really paying attention to it.

 

 

 

Silence remainded between the three teenages…

 

 

 

 

“Then….are you, perhaps... under any circumstances?” Jonghyun couldn’t hide his curiousity. The beautiful girl beside him looked very smart and nice. And it’d be a pity if it was financial thingy which prevented her from going to school.

 

 

Seohyun could only give him a small smile, not really know what to say. She actually didn't really understand what he meant. Under any circumstances? Like what? The only circumstance she could think of was.... well, being Kyuhyun's guardian.

 

 

 

“Oh, I... I'm sorry, I didn't know that you...” Jonghyun looked very guilty upon seeing her response. He jumped into the conclusion without further question and it only made Kyuhyun rolled his eyes. If only he could lift the sofa he was sitting on, he would probably throw it upon his clueless friend.

 

 

‘Don’t play any drama here, Jonghyun-ah…,’ he said to himself sarcastically.

 

 

“Eh? No…. Dont! What are you sorry for?” Seohyun seemed to be panick, she coulnd't stand the guilty face Jonghyun had.

 

 

And that made him chuckle, “You're cute...”

 

 

‘Well, well... Keep it on, Jonghyun. I wonder why don’t you join the theater club in the school?’, Kyuhyun rolled his eyes as he felt the urge to throw the remote to the flirting guy. He was irritated by this friend, his presence and anything he did.

 

 

“Erhm… hmm…,” Kyuhyun cleaned his throat out of sudden.

 

“I wonder what time it is now… Isn’t it getting late? Aren’t your parents worried about you being out in the middle of the night like this, Jonghyun-ssi?” he asked him sarcastically.

 

“Why don’t you go home already?” he then gave the poor friend the ‘best’ smile he had ever had.

 

***

 

After kicking Jonghyun out the house with desperation and cleaning the dishes, Kyuhyun waited for the angel in his room, intending to confront her as to why Jonghyun could see her a while ago. He clearly remembered when she said no one but him could ever see her.

 

 

 

She stared at him nervously. He was leaning on his desk, hands folded and eyes glaring at her sternly before asking,

 

“Why?...”

 

His voice was low and soft, yet she could still feel the slight anger in it. He himself didn’t know why he felt this way… annoyed, angry and a bit betrayed. It wasn’t like she intended to lie. But he couldn’t refrain himself not to feel so…

 

And she didn’t know either what, actually, made him angry. But she felt that he had every right to be angry with her. So she sighed, and looked at him guiltily. She had no answer nor explanation for the very person before her.

 

 

The question was actually simple, but wasn’t the answer. It wasn’t something she, he or anyone could ever predicted before. It was out of their reach. It was probably His secret.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

She batted her eyelashes and pouted rather cutely, as she kept staring at his eyes. She knew he was still angry, but she couldn’t take her eyes off of the deep orbs of him. She found them very captivating and…. inviting.

 

He then sighed as his anger dead down slowly upon seeing her being like that. She was like a five-year-old being scolded , but had no idea what was her fault. And it made him want to pinch her nose, ruffled her hair or anything. So he outstretched his hand to her head and smiled. Seohyun smiled back and anticipated what he would do to her, but then his hand stop in mid-air.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

He forgot that he couldn’t touch her….

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

He took back his hand and walked out the room. Seohyun could only stared at his retreating back. And at that very moment she felt like there was a lump on threatening to choke her.

 

 

 

 

 

 

And for the first time she asked herself why…

 

 

 

 

 

 

Why he couldn’t touch her…

 

 

***

 

I managed to finish this chapter, finally~ *crying for joy

 

 

Please enjoy....

Comments and subscribers are very much appreciated

and feel free to ask me if you don't understand something or another in this story