Teach Me, Please

Everyone Included!

               “Slow down, Hyung!! Slow down!!” Little Seungri was running for his life. He was running as fast as his feet could bring him. He was saving his new clothes from Jiyong who was wickedly tying the straps of Seungri’s clothes to his own beanie.

                Not stopping there, Jiyong took the tied beanie with him who was pedaling his bike vigorously down the hill, leaving Seungri no choice but to run. Jiyong was happy. He got the youngest full attention. Yongbae and Daesung only laughed behind at the hill.

                Jiyong finally stopped and turned to look at Seungri who was coughing madly, a triumph smile tugged on his face. Seungri only looked at the ground as he in all the air he needed to replace the one he lost and panted crazily.

                To Jiyong’s surprise the youngest was looking at him with a murderous stare, glaring like a soon-to-explode little panda; his face was red and tears were forming on the edge of his eyes, slightly trembling with fists being clenched.

                “I hate Ji Hyung!!!” with that Seungri ran to his house ignoring the elder call or Yongbae and Daesung’s concern. He slammed the door of his room hard, ignoring questions from his mom. He crawled onto his bed and cried to the top of his lungs.

                He walked over to the corner of his room and grabbed a dragon plushie, dragging it with him to his bed, pouting all the way through. Once he reached his bed, he violently sat on the bed, causing a loud ‘thud’.

                He looked at the plushie and held a sudden stare competition, challenging the plushie. After a good two minutes stare, he grew impatient and punched the plushie instead.

                 “I hate Ji Hyung!! I hate Ji Hyung!! I hate Ji Hyung!!! Ji Hyung is so annoying!!” he punched the poor plushie continuously, letting out all his anger until he tire himself out and finally fell asleep; hugging his dragon plushie with tears staining his face.

               

 

 

                “Seungri-ah!!”

                Seungri was woken up by a loud voices calling for his name. He opened his eyes and adjusted them with the bright light. His eyes went wider when he caught what or more correctly who was the culprit that disturbed his sleep.

                “Seunghyun Hyung, you’re finally back!!!” Seungri jumped up and tackled the elder who had been away in a big hug. Seunghyun only laughed happily as he hugged the younger back. They soon pulled away and Seunghyun rummaged in his big bag for something.

                “Look, Ri; I bring you strawberries. I found them around my campsite and immediately remember you.” Seunghyun proudly bragged, shoving a handful of strawberries to the younger whose face momentarily lit up at the sight of his favorite fruit.

                Seungri was ready to grab the fruits and ate it when Seunghyun stopped him. “You have to wash them first. They’re dirty!!” Seunghyun warned the younger, pinching the cute pouting boy before following behind the younger to walk toward the kitchen.

 

 

 

                “Seunghyun Hyung!!”  

               Seungri and Seunghyun shot up in unison, looking at the door frame that revealed three boys running toward them. Seunghyun immediately jumped back and hid behind the younger for shield.

                Too late...  Yongbae, Daesung, and Jiyong had jumped up and tackled the two boys who were busy eating strawberries in a big group hug.

                “Hyung, you’re unfair!! How come you only come to Seungri after you’re back?” Jiyong crossed his arms in front of his chest, demanding a good explanation from the eldest. Daesung only nodded in approval as he coppied Jiyong’s gesture.

                “You didn’t even go back to your home first and greet your parents after going camping for days, Hyung.” Yongbae added, attracting everyone’s attention to Seunghyun. He was still wearing his complete Boy Scout uniform.

                “Bae Hyung is right,” Daesung approved, scanning the attire worn by the eldest. The atmosphere turned drastically within seconds, the kitchen was thick with awkwardness as everyone went silent.

                Seungri’s eyes suddenly interlocked with Jiyong’s, bringing back all the anger Seungri felt earlier before he went to bed. The missing flame was back.

                “Seunghyun Hyun!! Teach me to ride my bike; I want to ride it by myself!!” Seungri’s declaration cut through the suffocating awkwardness hang on the air, turning every eye in the room on his small body.

 

                “No, you’ll fall and hurt yourself!” Yongbae complained, grabbing the younger by his shoulder.

                “Seungri-ah! You’re our dongsaeng, if you can do things by yourself you won’t be cute anymore, who will I help?” Daesung begged.

                Jiyong was the only one who was left silent. He was surprised; he wasn’t the one Seungri requested to teach him riding bicycle. All along, he believed he was the younger’s favorite which mean he was supposed to be the one teaching the younger things, but to his disappointment, he wasn’t.

                Seungri’s decision was strong; Yongbae and Daesung were not given any chance to interfere while Seunghyun was beyond happy to be given the trust on teaching the younger riding bike. Seunghyun straightly started his lesson the next day, Seungri was so happy and learned seriously, the rest three best friends were a different story though;  Yongbae and Daesung were freaking out, nagging and begging at the same time to cancel the lesson while Jiyong only stood under the tree immersing himself on other things.

 

 

                “Seungri-ah, let’s just go swimming in the river.”

                “My cute little Seungri-ah, accompany me to watch Doraemon, please…”

                “Seunghyun Hyung, won’t you regret it later if our Seungri no longer ask us to usher him somewhere?”

                “Seungri-ah, we can play something more fun.”

                “Seungri-ah…”

                “Seungri-ah…”

                .

                .

                “Will you guys just stop it?!” Seunghyun was clenching his fists and gritted his teeth. His patient had reached its limit after being bugged by both Yongbae and Daesung for days. Seungri’s lesson didn’t go well either.

                Yongbae and Daesung only clasped both their hand together, afraid of the eldest wrath. Just then a loud ‘thud’ was heard resulting Yongbae and Daesung to look horrified at the scene before them, they immediately jumped out and approached the voice source.

                Seunghyun turned around to see Seungri who was smiling sheepishly as Yongbae and Daesung scanned him for any wounds. Seunghyun didn’t move, he looked at the scene and realized something was missing and wrong; so wrong that it burdened him.

 

                “Mmmh, Hyungs, Where is Jiyong Hyung?” Seungri innocently asked. Seunghyun’s mind immediately clicked; Jiyong was the missing piece. Usually Jiyong would be the first one to approach the maknae whenever he was hurt, he would sometimes even make small problem a big one; he once made everyone went panic for an ant bite on Seungri.

                “In his house, maybe?—Yongbae turned to approach Seunghyun and poked him—Hyung, you know he was extremely jealous of you,” Yongbae teased the eldest.

                “I did nothing.” Seunghyun proceeded to grab Yongbae’s wrist and stopped him from poking his waist, glaring at him in an attempt to warn the younger not to cross his line on teasing him.

                “Hyung, you do know you did.” Daesung came up with a huge ridiculous smirk, teasing the eldest by getting his face as close as he could to the eldest’s. Seunghyun swiftly tried to push Daesung away after the uncomfortable closeness, but Yongbae was faster in locking the eldest both hands. Daesung was more and teased the eldest even more. “Admit it, Hyung.”

                “Okay, okay, I did!! Seungri-ah, go to Jiyong,” Seunghyun finally surrendered. Seungri only looked at him quizzically as if asking for confirmation which quickly approved by the two teaser. Once Seungri was sure he was asked to do so, he ran to Jiyong’s house, ignoring the fact that Seunghyun was practically taken as hostage by the other two.

 

                At the same time, in Jiyong’s room he was grumbling as he yet again crumpled another piece of paper. He threw it to the dust bin, frustrated on not being able to write a good apologize letter. He walked to his bed and rolled over it, lying on his back, looking at the ceiling. A picture of Seunghyun happily teached Seungri riding with Yongbae and Daesung complaining on the back which excluded him reappeared in his mind. The annoyance he felt resurrected dangerously.

                  He inhaled deeply and released all his heart content, “Yah, Lee Seung Ri!! I really hate you!! Really, really hate you!!”

                “I hate you too!!” Seungri shouted angrily on Jiyong’s door frame. He looked at the elder with a dagger-shot eyes and his heels, leaving the elder.

                Jiyong momentarily sat up, eyes wide open, not expecting the sudden visit of the younger one. “You’re here?”

                “No, I’m not.”

                “Wait, yes, you are.” Jiyong stood up and chased the younger who walked even faster down the stairs.

                “Am not.”

                “Yes, you are.”

                “No, am no—“

                “Wait!!” Jiyong tried to pull Seungri before he slipped but he was too late, they ended up rolled down the stairs together and getting tangled on the floor. They looked at each other and laughed at their own ‘accident’.

                “I still hate you though, Hyung.” Seungri stuck out his tongue in a teasing manner.

                “Me too, either.” Jiyong did the same. Seungri then stood up and walked away, intended for Jiyong to follow him to the place the other hyungs were waiting. But being Jiyong, he didn’t catch the message. Instead, he thought Seungri would run away again. So he tugged on the younger’s clothes.

                Seungri turned to look at his clothes back to Jiyong. Jiyong was hesitating; he wasn’t sure whether he should ask or kept silent. He looked at the floor and held the younger’s clothes even tighter, biting his lips in the process. Should he say it? Well, yes, he should.

                “Ri, I’m sorry for the bike incident, I just want your attention.” Jiyong slowly lifted his head, searching for the younger eyes. “I also want to teach you riding bike!” Jiyong finally shouted out the things that kept burdening him these past days. Once he did, he exhaled all the breath that’d been stuck in throat. He just said it…

                Seungri stopped for awhile, looking at the elder with his eyes blinking rapidly. The statement was clearly unexpected leaving Seungri speechless. At last he still didn’t know what to do, so he only dragged Jiyong back to the the place the other were waiting for them.

                “Yosh, let’s continue the lesson, Hyungs!!” Seungri let go of Jiyong’s hand and took up his bike again, ready to absorb everything the hyungs taught.

                “Ji, how come you also failed to persuade Seungri to stop learning?” Yongbae complained to his same age friend, half disbelieve. Daesung only clinged on Yongbae’s back. They both knew Seungri always listened to Jiyong.

                “Bae Hyung, Dae Hyung, you can also teach me!! That way we can ride all our bikes together.” Seungri showed his biggest grin and grinned proudly before leading his bike to where Seunghyun and Jiyong stood.

                Yongbae and Daesung only looked at each other, both sinking down what Seungri just told them. When they found Seungri’s point, a smile tugged on their faces as they both holding hand and ran to where the other three stood, ready to help teaching Seungri. “Yah!! Wait for us!!”

 

                Seungri couldn’t be any happier that he was now being the center of his hyungs attention as everyone was holding him and his bike on the peak of the hill, ready to push him.

               “Ready?” Jiyong shouted delightfully. Seungri quickly responded with a vigorous nod. “1, 2, 3!!!” Yongbae, Daesung, Seunghyun, and Jiyong pushed Seungri in unison. His bike went downhill in full speed leading to a loud squealed from the youngest.

                “Yooohooooo!!” Seungri excitedly screamed as his bike went down. His heart was pounding in anticipation and he could feel the thrill rising, the cool air hit his face and caressed his face, the sound of the wheel rotating was loud enough to make a music to his ears. He looked at his forward and slowly pulled the brake; just like what Seunghyun taught him, don’t pull it so suddenly or it’ll jump.

                He let out a huge sigh as his bike finally stopped right in front of a tree. A smile quickly graced his face as he panted loudly, his chest was bouncing in a dynamic rhythm; he made it. He turned around and looked at his hyungs who stood on top of the hill, proudly waved at them and showed his biggest, proudest triumph smile.

 

 

                “Hyungs!! I can ride my own bicycle!!!”