Chapter 5

Twisted

Chapter 5



"For the sword outwears its sheath, and the soul wears out the . And the heart must pause to breathe, and love itself have rest."
-Lord Byron (1788-1824) British poet-



A white wall extended in the corridor. Few nurses and a doctor were standing by the receptionist. A man walked through the hallway. He turned at the corner and stopped in front of a door.

When he opened the door, it was very silent. He got into the room as he closed the door. Slowly, he put things he bought on the nearest table.

Walking to the bed, he discovered his beloved one was sleeping tightly. Smiling, he caressed his hair. The innocent face couldn’t satisfy him more.

“Chun…ah,” another person suddenly called as he opened his eyes.

“Hyung!” Yoochun was startled, Jaejoong was finally awake. He was more than glad; he embraced the wounded man as he incidentally woke Junsu up.

“Hyungie?” Junsu called as he rubbed his eyes.

“…Oww, that’s hurt,” Jaejoong grinned as Yoochun finally realized he almost crushed Jaejoong.

“Hyung!!!” Junsu was so happy to see Jaejoong finally opened his eyes, he hugged Jaejoong in instant. That caused Jaejoong to grin in pain again.

“…Su…” 

“Opps… Sorry,” Junsu spoke in angelic voice, which Jaejoong had missed the most.

“Junsu…” Jae spoke as he caressed Junsu’s cheek. He could feel he didn’t have any strength and weak, but nothing could stop him from saying how he was sorry to Junsu and Yoochun.

“I’m sorry…I’m really…sorry for hurting both of you…” Jaejoong spoke as tears made their way into his cheek.

“No, it’s not hyung’s fault,” Yoochun and Junsu chorused together as they wiped the tears. They couldn’t help but cried together,” I’m sorry for shooting at you, hyung ah…I’m so sorry for not realizing it was you back there…”

“Chun…it’s not your fault…”

“We knew hyung…we knew that you left us for our goods. You’re trying to protect us back there,” Yoochun spoke.

“I’m sorry for making hyung did those bad things,” Junsu added, he was almost sobbing.

“…Su…Chun…don’t cry,” Jaejoong spoke softly and this time he was the one who wiped their tears,” It’s not your fault at all…”

Later on, after the three men calmed down a bit, Yoochun called the doctors and let him examined Jaejoong’s condition.

“He recovers well. As long as he gets enough rest, there won’t be any problem,” the doctor spoke as he gave Jaejoong his meds and then got out from the room.

“Oh, I almost forgot,” Yoochun said as he got the things he brought earlier to Jaejoong.

“Happy Birthday, hyung!” Junsu and Yoochun spoke in union, causing Jaejoong to be surprised.

“Wait…What dates today?” Jaejoong asked.

“It’s 26th January! How could you forget your own birthday, Jaejoong hyung?” Yoochun spoke as he opened the cake box and showed the cake.

“Whaaaatt?! That means…I have been unconscious for more than one week?” Jae was surprised.

“Um,” Junsu nodded,” Hyung has been sleeping for the whole ten days…”

“Ehhh?” 

“Hahahaha! I miss that face of yours, Jaejoong hyung,” Yoochun commented. Jaejoong blushed. It had really a long time since he could make such a face and emotion. It was like he’s emotionless back then. But now, he had found his freedom and light again. He had found his precious persons and purpose in this life again. He was saved by Junsu’s and Yoochun’s existence.

“Thank you, both of you,” Jaejoong spoke as he hugged his two dearest persons.



---One Month Later---

“Junsu, are we seriously going to buy all of them?” Yoochun moved his eyebrows up; he was sure Junsu almost losing his mind.

“Yup, I want to make a good firework party tonight!” Junsu cheered like a child as he put more fireworks inside the trolley. People around them looked at them with curious eyes.

“Junsu ah, I found better fireworks here!” Jaejoong cheered out from somewhere, causing Yoochun sighed in frustration. He could never defeat the Kim Brothers. They’re crazy when they’re crazy, or so Yoochun thought.

“Both of you!” Yoochun finally spoke,” We can bomb our whole apartment even with the firework in this trolley, don’t bother to buy more!”

“But…” Junsu pleaded with his puppy eyes.

“They’re tempting, Yoochun ah,” Jaejoong added.

That day, Park Yoochun spent his whole monthly paycheck for freaking firework; he swore he was crying inside his heart when he paid the bill at the supermarket cashier.

“Come on, Yoochun ah, it’s just once in a life time!” Jaejoong persuaded as they walked home,” Besides, I’m going to make your favorite soup tonight!”

“Really?” Yoochun cheered up,” I’ve been dying to eat that soup, hyung ah!”

“Chunnie!” Junsu suddenly spoke as he pulled Yoochun’s shirt,” I’ll…surely learn to make that soup so I can make for you anytime you want it!”

“Kyaaaa~ Junchan, is that a confession you just made?” Jaejoong teased as Junsu ended up chasing his hyung around with tomato faces. Yoochun laughed at the view. 

As they arrived at their apartment, they started to prepare their reunion party for the night. Jaejoong and Junsu were busy in the kitchen as Yoochun was busy on the rooftop, preparing the fireworks.

“Chunnie, the dinner is ready!” Junsu cheered as he put the last plate on the table. That night they had meal together below the moon’s radiance. They laughed and teased each other. 

Finished with the banquet, Junsu fired the first firework and it ended up beautifully. They had firework competition, looking for which one would create bigger and brighter light.

The past might have separated them but their heart and fate brought them together again. Scars and wound made have hurt them deeply but from now on, they would be carving much more memories together. Their ‘twisted’ destiny had brought them back.



-THE END-