Chapter 4

Twisted

Chapter 4



"When a great man dies, for years the light he leaves behind him, lies on the paths of men."
-Henry Wadsworth Longfellow (1807-1882) U.S. poet-



Jaejoong was startled when he heard gunshot sound. He knew it must be Yoochun. Jaejoong opened the door and saw a trembling figure whose eyes were blindfolded.

Slowly he approached the figure and helped the figure sat down.

“It’s OK. Everything is going to fine,” Jaejoong whispered in a warm voice as he opened Junsu’s sight and let loose the robe. 

The view of Junsu’s red eyes because of crying and his sweat made Jaejoong felt guilty. He had made Junsu suffered from such pain; he couldn’t protect Junsu from the pain and fear.

“…Jaejoong hyung?” Junsu called out as Jaejoong couldn’t believe what he had heard. Junsu knew who he was.

“…Come on, we got to get out of here…” Jaejoong spoke but Junsu stopped him by hugging him tightly.

“I finally able to meet you again, hyung ah…” Junsu cried like a child and Jaejoong couldn’t bear the tears. He hugged Junsu tightly as he whispered,” I’m sorry…”

“Junsu, we need to get out of here now, OK?” Jae persuaded as Junsu nodded.

“Promise me hyung would never leave me again,” Junsu demanded as they got out of the room. But Jaejoong didn’t give any answer; he just took Junsu’s hand and walked.

BAAANGGGG!!!

A loud explosion surprised both of them. Junsu was so scared as he kept his hand tightened with Jaejoong.

“Damn it, please tell me Yoochun is fine,” Jaejoong mumbled.

“Yoochun? Chunnie is here?” Junsu was confused.

“Come on, let’s go,” Jaejoong headed the way as he ran around the fire. Then they saw Yoochun’s figure.

“Chunnie!!!” Junsu rushed to Yoochun’s direction and Jaejoong followed from the back.



---

The explosion made Yoochun’s sight blurred but he still managed to take a gun from the dying guard. He walked around trying to find Junsu. Then, he heard Junsu’s voice.

Yoochun was more than glad, he rushed to the source of Junsu’s voice but then he was left with horror.

A well-known figure was chasing Junsu from behind and without any thought; Yoochun pulled the trigger and shot the figure behind Junsu.

The figure fell on the ground but unexpectedly, Junsu stopped running to him and shouted hysterically.

“NOOOO!!!” Junsu felt his heart stopped as he saw Jaejoong’s lifeless body fell on the ground. He immediately embraced him as pleaded,” Hyung…please stay with me; please…Don’t leave me again…”

Yoochun was shocked, he didn’t get it. He walked closer and looked at the lifeless body he just shot in the chest.

“WHY?! WHY DID YOU SHOOT JAEJOONG HYUNG!” Junsu sobbed.

Yoochun fell on his knees as he finally realized the scar that was on the man’s arm looked exactly like Jaejoong’s. He…shot Jaejoong.

“Jae….Jaejoong ah!” Yoochun called the name.

The flame became more intense as the warehouse shook. The heat kept rising as the smoke blinded their sight.

“Hyung!!!” Junsu cried his heart content.

“Junsu…We need to get out of here first, come on!” Yoochun finally realized what the most important thing was. He piggybacked Jaejoong as he and Junsu tried to find an exit door.

After a few turns, they made it to the back door. When they came out from the building, some police cars and an ambulance were there. Yoochun immediately took Jaejoong to the ambulance.

“Please! Don’t let him die, please save him,” Yoochun begged to the paramedic as tears flooded from his eyes. He couldn’t describe his feelings; he was scared, guilty, devastated, angry, and sad.

“HYUNG!” Junsu cried out loud as the ambulance rushed to the hospital, leaving both of the heart-broken people there.

“Come on, Junsu. We’ll follow the ambulance from behind,” Yoochun took Junsu’s trembling and cold palm as both of they ran to Yoochun’s car.



---FLASHBACK---

“Hyungieeee!!! Noooo!!! Don’t take my hyungie away!” Junsu cried loudly as he struggled from the nurses.

“Jaeee! You promised we would always be together!” Yoochun reminded as he was no better than Junsu, he was sobbing as he struggled from the nurse.

Tears made their way to Jaejoong eyes but managed to keep them. His eyes were blinking like a glass and he was bawling inside his broken heart but he knew he must go for their sake. He needed to protect Junsu, Yoochun, and the orphanage.

Unknowingly for the public, the orphanage had large debt to a mafia member. It was because they lacked of money to provide daily needs for the orphans. Then, one day the mafia told them they would let the orphanage go if they gave them a child.

It was a trade. It was a bad luck for Jaejoong because he was the chosen one. Of course, Jae didn’t want to do it at first but he was threatened. They would hurt Junsu and Yoochun if he refused. 

Without any other choice, Jaejoong finally walked away from the orphan door. He could hear his beloved younger brother’s cries and also his best soulmate’s cries. Secretly, tears began to flow into his cheeks as he walked away without taking a glance back.

From that day, Jaejoong’s hell began. He was trained his whole life to be a murderer. He was forced without any choice. His light and freedom was taken from him. He didn’t have any purpose to live anymore except being a killing machine.



---END OF FLASHBACK---

“Hyungieee…” Junsu was still crying as he and Yoochun waited in front of the operation room. The doctors were trying to remove the bullet from Jae’s body. The bullet just missed an inch from Jaejoong’s heart.

“Junsu…” Yoochun embraced Junsu tightly, he was also in his tears,” I’m sorry…I’m sorry…It’s all my fault…”

“…No,” Junsu spoke as he looked at Yoochun’s eyes,” You…didn’t know…I should have let you know it…I’m sorry …”

Suddenly, the operation room opened as a doctor came out. Both Yoochun and Junsu rushed to the doctor and they asked the same question.

“How’s he?! He’s going to be alright, right?!”