Chapter 8

The Doll

Seungri’s POV

I groan in pain, my head throbbing once more.

I do recall Gikwang pulling me somewhere, but… where?

I open my eyes and sat up, rubbing my eyes, looking around.

Oh, I’m back in my room.

My phone rang, and Jiyong started calling, and I immediately searched for my phone, and picked it up.

Weird. The name Jiyong gives me chills. Probably because he’s our leader.

“Wait, who was I thinking about just moments ago?” I asked aloud to myself, and picked up the phone. “Hello?”

“Seungri, where are you? The photoshoot starts in 30 minutes!”

I checked the time and gulped. Oh . “I’ll be there I swear!”

“You better be. We’re done prepping and you haven’t done your makeup yet, and YOU’RE THE ONE who takes up a lot of time!”

Christ, being an idol is fun, but damn my sleeping schedule and how late I wake up.

I arrived at the salon, where the other members were sitting silently on the couch, staring intently at their phones, and I greeted the stylist-noonas before plopping down onto a seat to get fixed.

“What took you so long?” Jiyong glances at me for a moment before looking away, lost in whatever he was reading on his phone. The stylist motioned for me to close my eyes, and I did as I quietly reply to Jiyong’s question. “I woke up late.”

“Weird, usually it’s T.O.P. hyung who ends up being late, or Jiyong,” Daesung says, and the other members suddenly turn quiet. “True. Did you end up drinking alcohol last night?” Taeyang looks at me, and as soon as my eyeshadow and eyeliner were finished, I turned to look back at them as well. “I don’t remember drinking at all,” I say, and faced front again, while looking up in thought, “What did I even do last night?”

Someone snickers, and someone else sighs.

“He’s probably wasted last night that he couldn’t even remember what happened.” Taeyang smiles goofily, knowing how much I’ll be scolded by Jiyong after the stylists are gone. I silently smack myself.

I seriously do not remember what I did the night before.

This time, I didn’t shoot back a reply or anything, and stayed silent while lost in thought.

Come to think of it, I don’t remember anything for the past few days. I brush off the thought with uncertainty.

After my make-up was finished, I stood up and proceeded to the dressing room to change into our performance clothes, but I stopped halfway when I heard the door open, and the chattering was enough for me to turn my head.

Not because of the topic they were talking about, but because of the voice who overshadowed the rest.

“Kang Seungyoon.” I mutter under my breath before even realizing it, and Taeyang, who was beside me, turned his head towards me and shot a questioning look. “Why? What’s with Yoon?” I tried to come up with an answer as to why I said his name, and merely shrugged. He just silently nods and faces front again.

After following the hyungs to where the photoshoot will take place, I continued to swim in my thoughts and hesitated before tapping Taeyang’s shoulder. “What is it?”

I hesitated once more but prioritized my nagging curiosity. “I’ll be back. You go on ahead.”

Before he could ask any more questions, I dashed back to where the other artists were having their make-up done. Thankfully, Seungyoon was standing beside Mino, who was seated and was being prepped for the photoshoot as well. “Kang Seungyoon,” I call out shakily as I try to catch my breath, “we need to talk. Now.”

He looked at me with a peculiar expression before coming over to where I stood. Mino, Jinwoo, and Seunghoon looked at me and before they could even ask what was going on, I shot a smile and motioned them to carry on with what they’re doing.

I motioned Seungyoon to follow me, and as we reached a hallway, I spotted a janitor’s closet and quickly shoved him inside before closing the door behind me.

“Ouch, that hurts, hyung.” He winces and I motion for him to be quiet. “By the way, what’s with the need to be here? Aren’t you supposed to be having your photoshoot with the other seniors?” He asks and looks at me as if he was trying to read me. I shrugged. “Honestly, I don’t know why but something’s off. As soon as you walked in, I felt like I needed to talk to you about something.” I told him, and he shakes his head. “Can’t you remember anything as to why you needed to talk to me?”

I shrugged once more. “I don’t know, actually. This may seem strange, but can I ask you something?” He nods, and I continue. “Can you tell me what has happened over the course of the past few months? Because for some reason I can’t remember anything and I swear I’m not crazy but I can hear my brain telling me to just find you. For some reason I can imagine you and Mino, and Gikwang having powers, and us being a bunch of 11th graders, and then garbled memories I can’t even understand. I don’t know, it just feels like you know something.”

At first, he stares at me, curiously.

Then, he laughs, and proceeds to cover his mouth, trying to muffle the sound of laughter coming from his mouth.

“You’re creeping me out, hyung, but this is seriously the funniest thing I’ve heard from you. Powers? Have you seriously lost your mind? Or have you had a drink too much last night?” He continues to silently laugh, and pulls me out of the closet. “Hyung, seriously, it’s like you’re still not sober. I’ll go on ahead.” He walks back to where I pulled him from, towards the area where the other artists were prepping, and he turns back and smiles at me. “Seunghyun, it’s best if you stay here.” He says to me, and before the sentence had fully registered into my mind, I screamed back. “Who are you calling ‘Seunghyun’ when I’m three years older than you?”

 

And then it hit me.

It literally hit me.

All the memories hit me, all at once, and I was only able to hiss in pain, before I saw other people rushing over to me, panicking, and then all I could do was to silently groan in pain.

 

As soon as I remembered everything, you’re starting to make me forget as well, Seungyoon.

I was sure it was Seungyoon.

I could hear his voice.

Slowly, slowly, erasing memories and replacing them.

 

A familiar face turned me over and I gasp. “Seungri, are you okay?” My eyes widen, and before I could tell him what I knew,

 

 

I forgot.

What was I thinking about again?

 

“Excuse me.” Jiyong rushes over to me, and my eyesight slowly deteriorated. It was then and there that I realized I has hyperventilating, and I could make out Jiyong trying to motion the other members to come, and carried me to a chair.

 

“He’s having a really bad fever,” I could hear Daesung, and my eyelids were drooping.

“Someone call an ambulance!” I heard another one say, and another one speaking, but I couldn’t make out any of the words. My chest tightened, and my eyelids started drooping.

 

I feel sleepy.

And tired.

I woke up to a gentle snoring beside me.

 

Actually, no, four people snoring.

I slowly got up and looked around the dark room, and spotted my phone on the desk beside the bed. Unlocking it, I found out what time it was.

3:30 am.

Well.

 

I decided to sit up on the bed, looking around, and realizing I was in a hospital room.

Wow, these hyungs overreact like there’s no tomorrow. A hospital? Really?

Well, I guess I wouldn’t know why an IV’s attached to the back of my hand, and how bad my situation was yesterday. I opened up my phone once more, and decided to go on my SNS to see what’s happening. As I scrolled, I furrowed my eyebrows more and more while reading the articles and headlines now plastered onto my phone’s screen.

 

>BREAKING NEWS: BIGBANG’S SEUNGRI RUSHED TO THE HOSPITAL DUE TO POSSIBLE FOOD POISONING

>BIGBANG’S SEUNGRI: POSSIBLY ANOTHER VICTIM OF SASAENG ATTACKS AGAINST IDOLS VIA POISONING

 

… Food poisoning, huh?

 

Jiyong, who layed his head on my bed, woke up, eyes still signifying he’s half awake, and stood up to look at what I was so busy reading so early in the morning. He was dressed in an oversized shirt and black pajamas, and it looked like half of his make-up wasn’t fully removed.

“What’s—Oh.” He tried to sit beside me on the bed, and I wiggle towards the side to make room for him. He stared at the screen, and looked at me while scratching his head. “Yeah. About that.” He murmurs. “To be honest, we really don’t know how someone managed to slip some sort of chemical into your system, but that’s how the doctors see it. Someone tried to poison you, but as we looked at the footage from two days ago, no one really stood out in particular.”

 

The new info caught my attention, and made me turn to Jiyong. “Two days?”

He nods. “Mhmm. Two days. Your status only got better yesterday, and we decided to monitor you ourselves since your parents couldn’t make it today. Besides, we don’t have a schedule today and tomorrow, so the four of us will be taking care of you until your family arrives.” My gaze shifts back to my screen, and I scroll down for other articles. I stopped scrolling, looked at him, and mumbled. “Thanks, hyung.” He smiles at me, and takes out his phone. “You’re welcome.”

The silence met our ears as we continued scrolling through news and whatnot, and the sounds of fingers tapping on glass filled the night.

 

Or, at least the sun came.

 

“By the way,” he breaks the silence, and turns to look at me, “You wanna know what they found in your system right as soon as we rushed you here?”

I looked at him, giving him the signal that I was curious.

He takes a deep breath before looking away. “They found lead from molten plastic, aside from other chemicals that they weren’t able to identify. Wanna know what’s even weird?”

“What?”

“The plastic composition isn’t your ordinary plastic, mind you. It’s from a unique company that sells dolls. What was it called…? Was it the Doll Makers Company…? I can’t remember, but they do have a reputation for selling custom made dolls, and they’re really expensive.”

I eye him. Doll Makers? Haven’t I… heard that somewhere?

He chuckles softly. “The thing is, though, we don’t understand why this company’s plastic would end up in your system, harming you and such. Hell, there’s not a single connection between Yang CEO and whoever runs that company.” I clasped my hands together, trying to collect my thoughts. “Strange.” I end up mumbling, and he hums in agreement. “Strange indeed. But hey, at least you seem to be fine, although a bit less talkative, but fine.” He gets up and walks ever so silently towards the end of the room, where I finally spotted the pile of bags that used to blend in with the darkness. “Hey.” He calls out softly so as to not wake the others up, “the Winner dongsaengs will be visiting in an hour, around 5:30 am, when they could go out without being seen. I suggest you take a shower. But I’ll be showering first, since I actually have some place to go.”

I gasped dramatically. “Hyung, you said we didn’t have any schedules.” He smiles sheepishly. “It was true though. I, personally, have schedules but that’s fine. I’ll be back as soon as I can.”

As he took a bath, I continued scrolling through the news articles when a message arrived.

 

From: Winner KSY

-Hyung, are you okay? ^^ Get well soon! Also… Can we talk privately later?

 

I tilted my head to the side, and thumbed in a quick reply.

To: Winner KSY

-I’m awake and feeling fine, but I guess I need to be checked again by the doctors. Sure, come by with the others, I heard you’re coming. ^^

 

After replying, I decided to get a bit more of some shut eye, and woke up a few minutes later to shower as well with the help of Jiyong holding my IV and all. After dressing, I went back to my bed, careful of my IV stand, making sure it doesn’t hit the sleeping hyungs on the floor, and went back to sleep.