Chapter 1

The Doll

//Seungri’s POV

 

“Good morning, doll.” I say as soon as I open my eyes.

A series of beeping noises followed by a song wakes me up. It’s 5:30 am and I can hear MOBB – HIT ME playing from the other room, and the groans of the siblings are very audible.

 

Well, good morning to you two, too.

 

“Calling you ‘doll’ definitely seems awkward and sad, doesn’t it?” I ask the figure, sitting quietly on my bedside table, as if waiting for it to reply. “Well, at least I got someone to talk to. So, Seo In Hyeon it is, so your name’s quite close to the word doll.” I nod towards the doll. She was a rather tall figure for a doll, with long, straight hair and bangs, and a dress that seemed like it was an idol’s merchandise, with a red jersey-like sweater and a graphic skirt that hugged her hips to show off her figure.

Obviously, it’s a doll. Why would manufacturers add flaws to their dolls? They’d definitely ruin kids’ childhoods.

I slightly laugh at the thought of widespread panic among kids if manufacturers did put flaws in their products.

My thoughts were disrupted at the smell of savoury, juicy, buttery meat wafting through the air.

More specifically, bacon smell.

As if on cue, my stomach began to rumble, and I put on a shirt before heading down to the kitchen.

 

I immediately smile at the sight.

Weird. I haven’t genuinely smiled this long in this house. The feeling was definitely foreign to me.

 

Chanhyuk’s at the stove, his attention on the food he’s cooking, and Soohyun’s setting up the table, humming to herself, somehow making the house seem livelier.

As her eyes wander around, she immediately giggles, and whips out her phone.

 

And before I knew it, she had already taken a photo of me. My smile disappears as I realize what happened, and I walk towards her, calmly, as I knew this bothered her, and handed out my hand.

“Phone.” I say, but she shakes her head, and, I immediately give up seeing Chanhyuk head over to the dining table with a plate of bacon, eggs, rice, a loaf of bread and three cups of hot chocolate.

“Since when has breakfast ever been a feast?” I eye the two of them, both sharing knowing looks, and Chanhyuk then speaks up. “Let’s say our thanks and our prayers first.” We all bow our heads, say grace, and dig in.

I was about to go have another plate of rice with bacon and eggs, bread stuffed with bacon, and another cup of hot chocolate when the two of them appeared with a cake and candle.

“What?”

“Better doing it first thing in the morning than doing it later when you’re drained of energy,” Soohyun says, and they both sing Happy Birthday.

Oh, that’s right, it’s today.

“Happy birthday to me, I guess.” I mumble as I silently make a wish.

Please, keep these two and myself safe. Please take care of us.

I blow out the candle, and Chanhyuk then hits me in the forehead. I yelp out in pain. “What was that for?” He grins sheepishly. “It’s a tradition between us siblings, that when any of us has a birthday, we hit them.” And Soohyun pouts. “Yeah, and it’s unfair because I can’t hit him back, and if I hit him, he says it’s weak.”

I ruffle both of their heads. “Come on, help me clean up, so we can go to school already.”


“What the is this supposed to be?” I huddle in a corner, my uniform all drenched in water, my things all scattered on the floor, and on his hand is Seo Inhyeon, wearing a mini uniform of my school’s uniform for girls. He sneers, and walks up to me. “Is this what you’ve spent your money on? Not only are you poor, orphaned, but also gay? Wow, what a time to be alive.” He raises his fist, and I flinch. “So, where’s your money? Anything valuable? Oh, right”, he looks at the doll, “you spent it on this trash-“

 

His fist never comes in contact with my face.

Or my body.

“Stop harassing the kid. Don’t you think this is too much?” A senior student holds his wrist and she lets go of it once he lowers his arm. “You’re lucky she came to save your .” He storms off, leaving me, Inhyeon the doll, and the senior. She bends over to help me pick up my things, and gently takes Inhyeon. “I wonder what made you bring a doll, and with a custom uniform at it, too.” She smiles, and gives it to me after smoothing out Inhyeon’s hair. “What’s her name?” I finally smile as I continue to pick up my things and arrange them in my bag. “She’s Seo Inhyeon. You can call her Inhyeon.” “Well, nice to meet you Inhyeon, I’m Sandara, but you can call me Dara.” This time, she addressed both of us to call her by her name. “I’m Seunghyun, but you can call me Seungri, Dara noona.” I stand up, and help her up as well. We shake hands, and she taps my shoulder. I turn, and she smiles again, before opening to speak. “If I were you, I’d stop running as this triggers Jiyong to bully you. I’ll try to talk to him though.”

I nod, and thinking about it, I then asked her. “Are you two dating?” She stops walking, and laughs. Without looking at me, she nods, and continues to walk on the opposite side of the hallway.

Soon enough, students were slowly coming in and filling the hallways, all busy with their own worlds, and I finally arrive in front of my classroom. As I find my seat, I then see Gikwang entering the room. As soon as our eyes meet, he jumps over a table and sits beside me. “It’s nice to see you’re back from China all in one piece,” I tell him, and he hits me on the shoulder. “Well, obviously, I would be back in one piece because it was just a FREAKING VACATION TRIP, stop freaking about it Seungri.” Gikwang rolls his eyes, and we laugh. Someone coughs, and we both look up to see Mino awkwardly fiddling with his hands, motioning for his seat, which was the seat beside me. Gikwang springs up and bows apologetically. “Eep, sorry Mino- didn’t mean to steal your seat.” He merely nods, and Gikwang nods towards me before heading back to his seat. Mino, after settling down, faces me. “Hello again, seatmate.”

You would think an awkward person like Mino would be shy, but no, this guy’s hyper.

I spent the entire day half-listening and taking notes, and half of it paying attention to Mino’s drawings, little talks, and whatever that comes to mind.

I sigh. “Mino, you will seriously be the death of me.”

He grins goofily. “Well, wouldn’t it be a good death since Gikwang and I are your only friends to annoy the living life out of you?”

Well, if you say it that way, it makes me sound like a loner, but oh well. You’re right, Mino. I nod slowly, and the bell rings. I checked the time, and turns out its 4:35pm. Apparently Mino decided to peek at my phone, and he suddenly pulls me into the hallway, heading for the cafeteria. “Let’s go~ I smell food”.

As we dug in, Mino’s eyes twitched. “Hey,” he says, pointing at my bag, “what’s that?” I suddenly panic at his keen eyesight, as he eyes my bag. “What’s what?” “That.” He takes my bag and opens it up, revealing Inhyeon. He looks at me, then to Inhyeon, then to me again.

Silence fills our table.

“What drugs are you on?” He finally says after an agonizing 2 minutes of just staring.

“Nothing. It’s a gift, and I somehow like it.” I explain shyly.

Suddenly, my shirt gets lifted and so do I. Jiyong grabs me by the collar, and the entire cafeteria goes silent. I pleadingly look at Mino, but all I saw was Jiyong’s guys pinning him onto the table. The students in the cafeteria are looking at me and Jiyong.

What now?

“What the did you do to my girlfriend?” He growls, and throws me onto the floor. I land on my shoulders, causing a loud thud to be heard, and a throbbing pain hits me. I wince, and Jiyong kicks me again. “Why is she defending you? Who do you think you are to go play nice to her to save your sorry little ?” I cough and wheeze as he hits my chest repeatedly. “It’s not my fault for being such a snarky and a pathetic excuse for a boyfriend-“, I remarked, and with that comment, he lifts me again and punches me.

Another throbbing feeling on my cheek.

“Don’t lay a hand on my friend—” Mino starts to get up, but his head is pinned down once again, and Jiyong’s friends sneered. “You can’t even help yourself, and yet you try to help your friend?”

“Jesus ing Christ, I don’t even know why I ing hate your face. You just look pathetic, and I hate pathetic things to exist.” He raises his fist again, and I wait for the impact.

The impact of his fist isn’t coming. I’m guessing Dara noona appeared-

My thoughts of prayer and help from Dara were interrupted when a cold voice, enough to bring goose bumps to the body, spoke.

“Let go of them. Lay a hand on them, and you’ll suffer.”

Well, that certainly isn’t Dara noona.

Jiyong kicks me aside, heads for the girl, and as I looked up, I gasped.

Why does she look like Inhyeon?

“Who do you think you are to play Miss Scary—”He chokes on his words as the girl strangles him, and flips him over. He coughs, and the guys pinning down Mino went for her. Like in action movies, she kicks both of them, sending them knocking each other down like dominoes, completing a rather pathetic pile of Jiyong and his goons.

The girl then hurries over to me, and later did I realize I was staring at her the whole time, completely dazed. She puts her hand over my forehead, and I involuntarily push it away. “I-I’m sorry”, I stuttered, still not being able to comprehend the situation. Mino carries me towards the chairs and checked me for injuries, and the girl kept staring at me, worry written all over her face.

“Seunghyun- Lee Seunghyun. Christ. Are you okay?” Mino snapped his fingers at my face, and I finally focus on him. “Are you okay?” I ask him, scanning table marks and nail marks all over his face, and he scoffs. “What the hell, you should see yourself before asking me that.”

The teachers then burst into the cafeteria, and immediately dragged out the three troublemakers. As soon as they were out, the students went to the girl and asked for pictures and signatures, treating her like a celebrity.

“Isn’t she some badass answer God has sent for our prayers?” Mino mumbles as he looks at the girl. His eye then twitches again. “Strange,” he says, “your doll’s gone.”


Author's note: had to edit this chapter lol sorry 

(i will update soon, if anyone's reading haha k bye /flies away)

EDIT:: I HAD SERIOUSLY FORGOTTEN I HAD THIS ON 'DRAFT' PLS FORGIVE ME ;;