Chapter 7

The Doll

WARNING!


CONTAINS SCENES THAT ARE GORY, AND NOT FOR THE WEAK HEARTED AND IMAGINATIVE TO THE POINT THAT THEY'LL SCARE THEMSELVES. Probably not that gory but hey at least there's a warning :>

 

ALSO, I FORGOT TO ADD A WARNING THAT THERE'S A LOT OF CURSING.


“What do you mean you needed to?”

He looks at Seungyoon, trying to scan him, trying to search for other questions he had in mind but couldn’t bring himself to ask. “Gikwang, there are things that are honestly too difficult to explain without the use of powers.”

Gikwang shoots a questioning look. “Are you implying that we hypnotize you?”

Seungyoon shrugs and glances around him. “It’s easier that way. Besides, it helps me not get tracked whenever I want to willingly tell you information. Just to remind you, I’m on your side.”

“Tracked? By who?” This time, Mino stands up from his seat, slowly heading to Seungyoon, his eyebrows knitted as he was lost in his thoughts, trying to figure out who exactly is their enemy.

The candles suddenly blew out and the three were left to instinctively stand up in the darkness. One by one, footsteps started becoming heard, and slowly drew nearer to the clearing. Mino’s blue eye glowed, the three taking a defensive stance, backing on to each other as the rustling sounds grew louder and louder with each step.

Finally, Seungyoon gives up and locks his arms with the two guys beside him, and sighs as he whispers. “Let’s just go.”

He prepares for a timeline jump, and braces for impact.

 

 

 

 

But the sounds simply drew closer.

“.” Seungyoon hissed, and Mino side-eyes him. “What now? Why can’t you jump into another timeline?”

Gikwang blinks in realization, his arms falling limp, his whole body convulsing. “Someone’s got the Azelic gem, and I’m pretty damn sure they’re heading straight towards us. We’re screwed. We’re so ing screwed.”

The candles all lit up once more, and the clearing was filled with clown-masked men with guns all aimed towards the three boys who simply took a defensive stance even though they were aware of how screwed they were at that moment.

The click-clack of sandals filled the air, and revealed a mannequin-like Lee Chaerin.

“For some damn reason, seeing our homeroom adviser in a mannequin state doesn’t shock me. Feels like I already knew but I don’t know.” Gikwang mutters lowly, so only Mino and Seungyoon heard him.

Seungyoon scoffs while Mino remains silent, the gears in his head turning, gradually coming to his own conclusions and realizations, but dismisses the thoughts while shaking his head.

“Hello, dear students.” Chaerin smiles, her plastic, sharp teeth beamed at them, sending chills to their spines. Seungyoon steps forward, his eyes fixated on the mannequin, his arm ready to lash out and attack her, but the sounds of guns loading their bullets was enough to make Mino and Gikwang pull Seungyoon back to where they were standing, and Chaerin raises her hand, the guns slowly being put down. “Don’t fire.” She says a bit too calmly that made their blood run cold.

She sounded so lifeless. And calm. And… terrifying.

She smirks, and lowers her hand. “My men are not afraid of shooting you, so give up now. You’re outnumbered, powerless, and weak.”

“What do you want?” Gikwang growls, and Chaerin rolls her eyes.

“Idiots, really. I’m here to end you three, absorb your souls, and become a powerful being. Simple, cliché, and easy. Oh, did I forgot to mention I wanted to become human?” She scoffs, and in a blink of an eye, the three were bound in ropes, and they staggered before falling down, their imbalance causing their weight to shift and topple them over.

Seungyoon laughs heartily after stumbling. “You really think you can be human?”

“Of course. Why do you think I managed to gather two witches and a doll maker in this place of ceremonies and of power? Your knowledge as a doll maker is important, darling.” She turns, and snaps before walking away, revealing a large pit of Azelic gems and lava opening up from inside the Earth. “Well, good luck with that. I’ll be back to check up on your hybrid little friend, and collect your souls afterwards. Byers~”

She leaves, her click-clacking slowly disappearing into thin air.

Gikwang, being tied to the two, turns glossy eyed, and begins to walk towards the pit.

“What the do you think you’re doing?” Mino and Seungyoon shoot at Gikwang, trying to resist Gikwang’s force, but he continued walking, dragging the two.

. . . I knew this would happen.” Seungyoon hisses, and Mino mutters. “Since when has this thin- motherer become this strong?”

They drew closer to what would be Gikwang’s suicide wish.

“We’re screwed. Azelic gems. Lava. I get paralyzed and not able to move, and you two black out while dying in lava. We’re screwed.” Seungyoon whispers in panic, silently praying as well, while Mino tried to frantically look around, finding some sort of solution to this madness and trouble they just got themselves into.

. Gikwang was still under some sort of control, and didn’t hear Mino nor Seungyoon.

. They were inching closer and closer to doom.

. It was right there, and Mino had no choice but to close his eyes, and accept his fate. We’re so ing screwed without our powers. He sighs, and shakes his head with a little smile. At least we tried.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

He felt the heat. He felt like blacking out. They all felt it.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“I must say, you do have a lot of ‘s’ given in your mind, don’t you?” Inhyeon says as she picked up the gems and shoved them in a special bag, and the Lee siblings approached as well. Mino sighs in relief and lets out the breath he didn’t notice he’s been holding for quite a while. He takes a gulp of air, and staggers to the ground as the ropes were untied. “You never told us you were witches as well, Mino oppa.” Soohyun looks at him, pouting, and Mino only managed to shoot an apologetic smile.

“You knew all this time, didn’t you?” Chanhyuk says, while attempting to lift the now-paralyzed Seungyoon, whose eyelids were only able to blink, and the knocked-out Gikwang, whose body only stilled in its movements, but his breathing slightly normal- something Mino was silently thankful for.

“You two could tell what I’m thinking of, but you can’t explain why am I still not knocked out?” Mino asks, and the siblings looked at each other before shrugging. Inhyeon finishes tying the bag so as to stop the effects of the gem from hurting any of them, and steps forward. “Mino’s got his friends to protect him from the effects of the gem.” She states, and the siblings look at her. “Really?” Soohyun excitedly asks, and one by one the spirits’ voices were heard.

“Song Mino, you owe us!”

Mino’s blue eye glows once more, but he had a friendly demeanour. “What do I owe you, then?”

He sends a wink to the now visible ghost, and the teenage-looking ghost looked like she fainted.

“I’m happy, just get my friends to one of your fan sign events on VIP please!”

 

Inhyeon and the siblings merely shrugged at each other at this weird conversation and brushed it off.

 

Gikwang soon wakes up, and Seungyoon starts to move again. As soon as Gikwang gets up and notices the new presence, however, Inhyeon stiffens, and Mino and Seungyoon felt a bind on them, unabling them to move.

 

It was then that they had realized the binding was Gikwang’s powers, and his seeping wrath.

 

He shoots a dead and soulless look before preparing to teleport to attack Inhyeon, and emitted a dark purple glow.

“You’re under her control. I can feel your aura.”

Inhyeon changes into a doll with her eyes a dark black, glossy, and just as soulless as Gikwang’s, and her nails grew out into pointed, razor-sharp claws, and her teeth grew into large, grey spikes, as she stepped back and prepared to lunge and claw at Gikwang’s flesh, while emitting a dark red glow.

“No, step back. You’re the traitor, you’re the one under her control. You’re the murderer.”

Chanhyuk managed to shield Soohyun from the impact of the two entities’ unexpected clashing against each other, and Mino managed to hold out his hand to use his powers to protect the siblings.

Gikwang falls back from the impact of the doll, whose strength multiplied due to the now faint glow from her, and Inhyeon pins him to the ground before biting his neck, bright red blood spurting out everywhere, and some of his skin fragments lodged in between Inhyeon’s sharp teeth. A blood-curdling scream echoed through the forest, and the poor onlookers could not do anything but watch, while Chanhyuk only managed to shield Soohyun’s eyes from the horror that everyone is witnessing.

The blood continued to gush out, landing everywhere, and Inhyeon soon turned back into a normal doll and stood there confused before realizing the intensity of the situation. Gikwang soon paled and out due to intense blood loss, his own blood pooling around his thin frame, the smell of iron hitting everyone’s nose, and the binding was soon gone.

Mino and Seungyoon rushed to Gikwang and tried to stop the blood from gushing out anymore while Inhyeon stood there and gaped in horror at the sight.

“What have I done?” She whispers, frightened with herself, staring at her bloodied hands.

Seungyoon curses. “I’m sorry, I knew this would’ve happened, , I used Inhyeon for a distraction so I could’ve helped Chaerin absorb your souls, and Inhyeon absorb Seunghyun’s powers so she could jump from timeline to timeline, and pretty much murder Mino and Gikwang’s powerful ancestry, and stop them from absorbing dolls and mannequins to make themselves powerful, and… and… given me ultimate powers, and… made dolls and mannequins the superior race…” He slowly breaks down into panicked whispers as he frantically tried to cover Gikwang’s wound, while Mino stood there, shocked at the information Seungyoon just gave out while panicking.

“Can you… explain what just happened?” Mino kneeled down and faced Seungyoon, while motioning the siblings to fumble for any cloth in their pockets.

Seungyoon closes his eyes and faces up. “I’m sorry, all I know is that they’re both under Chaerin’s control. Oh God,” he whispers inaudibly, “I can detect her aura once again.”

Soohyun managed to find a big handkerchief and tied Gikwang’s wound to prevent it from bleeding anymore, and they stiffen at the sound of rustling.

“Let’s get out of here.” Mino declares, his blue eye glowing once again, and before they could escape, a hand lands on Mino’s neck, choking him, and Mino coughs, gasping for air.

The others were brutally hit until they were on their knees, and Chaerin steps out once more.

“Obviously, the pit didn’t work.” She then makes her way towards Mino, and kicks the wounded and out Gikwang aside, making Mino wince. “I guess it’s time to start round two then.” The goon let go of Mino, and he gets grabbed by Chaerin and is forced to look at her. Her eyes then glowed a bright blue, while Mino’s blue eye glowed an even brighter sky blue, and the two engaged in a heated staring contest.

 

“Song Minho.” She declares, and Mino gasps for air as he maintains his glare. “You’re a strong enemy, I must admit,” Her eyes started to falter, and her blue glow fainted, while Mino maintained his glow, “But I would like to run some tests on you.” She throws him onto the ground, and the goons pick him up and drag him into the darkness as he continued to struggle and scream in vain, leaving Chaerin with a struggling Seungyoon, the siblings, and Gikwang. She then kneels down, and touches Gikwang before clawing at his chest, revealing a glowing yellow fragment lodged inside his flesh, his blood now pooling once again. Gikwang opens his eyes and flails weakly, before slowly falling limp as Chaerin rips the fragment out of him.

The three screamed in horror, their eyes widening at the sight before them.

Lee Gikwang. Out.

She smiles, and her eyes roll up as it glowed yellow.

Seungyoon flails around, and frees himself, running, and grabbing the siblings’ hands before running away.

“Where are we going?” Soohyun croaks out as the three ran, with no direction in mind.

“Just run. She’s out to destroy and absorb our powers.” Chanhyuk says shakily, still trying to catch some air.

“Let’s just head to your place.” Seungyoon says, and the three prepare to jump into another place.

“How about Seungri hyung?” Chanhyuk says, his footsteps still trying to catch up.

“I’ll manage it.” And with that statement, Seungyoon’s eyes and fingertips glowed orange, and the three teleported, their footsteps disappearing into the forest.