Chapter 2 : The beginning

Beauty Beast

The situation in Youtan is dull. I don't know if it just me or for everyone. But its too quiet. Well its a small rural area. But its better than the 24 hours busy city next to it that I'm heading to. I sighed. Clutching my bagpack straps tightly  while kicking some pebbles on the road. Lifting my face a bit to look around, some shops are starting its working hours, even few of them already full with customers such as the coffee shop, while some of them are still closed. Everyone is in their own bubbles. My face fell back down again. 

Auch! 

Without warning, I fell down the cement. Thank god I'm not wearing skirts right now. 

"Are you okay miss?" A hand appears in front of me. I look up before accepting her help. 

I pulled my hand and patting but pants from the dust. "Ya, I'm okay. Thank you. " I said while bowing. 

When I look up again, she was staring at me. "Is there anything on my face?" I touch my face worrily. 

"No, it just- I mean no nothing. Well, i get going first" She bowed and left to the opposite way. 


Tin!

The machine let out a small sound and green light indicating that I could pass the school gate. I gave a sheepish smile to the underpol* which works as the security at our school. I always wonder why should we need an underpol when we already have normal police. Moreover why the heck does every school needs one or few underpol as the security. Why not hire the normal one? But then its not my place to ask. I should be grateful that our safety is guaranteed huh. 

Walking down the corridor to my clasroom, all I could hear is the steps of student and murmuring sound. I like it this way though. But this kind of situation only happens in the morning because only the good ones come to school early. While the kinda naughty one comes late. That's why its so peaceful now. When its reccess time, it will be very loud and rackety. 

My steps stop in front of a door. I push it open and walk through towards my desk. 

"Hey, you're early." I greet my deskmate. 

"Yeah. Nice necklace btw," She points my neck. I touch the thing that lingers around my neck. 

"Thanks, its from my grandpa," I nodded. Oh yeah i wore it today.. 

"Oh, you must be missing him. Don't worry, he must be watching you wearing that right now." She pats my shoulder before putting her fist in front her face while saying "Cheer up!" 

I smile at her. She then goes back to do the things she has been doing since i come in. I turn my face to the window, staring at the sky. My mind suddenly recalling the moment i got this from grandpa. Or actually grandpa's lawyer.


 

Three years ago..

 

Knock knock

"Good evening, Mr. Mrs. Hong. I'm Seo Hansung, Mr. Hong Byungjae's lawyer." He bowed.

"Good evening, Have a seat." My dad invited him to the sofa in our living room. 

"Thanks. My deepest condolences to your family." He bowed a little. " As you might know, I was being trusted to keep his will until the time comes. So here are those things he write-" 

I was 14 back then. I sat at the dining table which is just beside the living room. My mom taught me to sit here if any older guest came to avoid being bored in front of them and also respect the elderly talk. So I sat there playing with the flower vase. Staring the wall. Trying to move on from my grandpa's death. I lost my smile for few days. 

My parents lost in their conversation and i don't even care about the topics. But then I heard my name. 

"This is his necklace which he wanted it to be his granddaughters'," He lift up a shining necklace with a hexagon-shaped black diamond. It was mesmerising. 

"Me? Really? Wow.." I came closer to take a better look. "Mom, please put it on me!" I was very excited. Knowing its a precious things from my grandpa. Because I was too excited, I missed the worried look on you father's face. 

 


Author's note :  A filler chap i guess?  I planned to make this story 50 chapters long. But is the story too slow and boring? What do you think?                                                                Do comments and subscribe !

 

*underpol : underground police. Its similar to interpol just that interpol is known commonly by the world whereas the underpol is not well known. Its like the country’s secret police lol btw i just made up this thing i donno if its really out there. I make it  sound like its a real thing though . But interpol is real fyi