+Bonus+ But... why would he?

where's my heart?

"Yo, Mingyu!"

Before the man could react, there was a powerful slap on his back, making his body sway forward.

"Yebin, seriously, stop doing this." Mingyu pleaded unimpressed and closed the book he had on his lap.

"I won't stop until you'll get scared." Yebin jumped on the bench next to the man. "What are you doing?"

Mingyu took the book and showed it to his friend.

"Liar!" Yebin poked the man's ribs. She put her elbow on the back of the bench and started twirling a strand of her black hair with her forefinger. "You can't fool me, Kim Mingyu."

The man sighed, and put the book back on his lap. He leaned forward, rested his elbows on his thighs and looked at the court a few feet from them. Yebin followed his gaze.

"Ah," she let out, seeing a few men playing basketball "Jeonghan again?"

Mingyu slowly nodded his head, while not moving his eyes from the lean, blonde man trying to score a point for his team.

"Just confess or something." Yebin nudged Mingyu on his arm, and then frowned at her slightly curly strand of hair that was previously straight. She put the strand behind her ear and looked at her friend. "You don't know for sure if he will reject you. Maybe he has noticed you during a lecture and he thinks you're cute? Or whatever people think when they see you?"

Mingyu sent Yebin a deadpan look.

"No, but seriously. If he says to you 'go to hell' or something, just shrug it off and act nonchalant about it." The girl shrugged.

"And later cry out all the water in my body like you?"

Yebin looked at Mingyu with shock. "You !" She punched her friend on the arm powerfully, making Mingyu groan from pain.

"Stop going to the gym, please." The man sighed and started rubbing the aching area on his arm. "He barely even knows me, and he has standards. I am not standards."

"You're right." Yebin folded her arms on her chest and looked at the boys who were resting in the shade of a tree after their game ended. "He will reject you, don't confess to him and rot in hell."

Mingyu only sighed, ignoring his offended friend, and focused on the boy he has had feelings for. "Why him? Out of all the people, I have to like just him." Jeonghan ran a hand through his medium-length, blonde hair and then started fanning himself. Mingyu seeing this bit his bottom lip and couldn't move his gaze away from his crush. "He is a divine being."

"And you're an idiot, Gyumin." Yebin sneered. "I understand you not wanting to be a as you're in your twenties already, so you hooked up with some dude and got a shoved up your , considering you're gay."

Mingyu's eyes enlarged, blush quickly started blooming on his face and the man looked frantically around to check if someone heard Yebin. "Can you kindly lower your voice?" He hissed, but his friend ignored him.

"I can understand it perfectly fine. But doing something like that just because Jeonghan said s are lame? This is really too much, you idiot." The girl said bitterly.

"I told you I didn't have just because Jeonghan said that thing." Mingyu lied through clenched teeth.

"Yeah, of course. I tell you that you will regret in the future your first time wasn't special." Yebin huffed and glared at Jeonghan, who was laughing with his friends.

"You think so?" Mingyu meekly asked. "My first time wasn't that bad." The man looked around in case someone was passing by them, but when there was no one around, he continued. "Wonwoo made sure to make things as gentle as possible. And we talked for hours to make things not as awkward before doing the deed."

Yebin moved her gaze from Jeonghan, and frowned at her friend. "Tell me how it was."

"For the billionth time, no. I won't tell you how it went." Mingyu looked down at the book on his lap and nervously rubbed his nose. "It's too embarrassing."

"Then tell me about what you two talked about. And how you two met. Come on, friends tell each other such things!" Yebin shouted and shook the man's arm.

"Okay, okay, just... stop." Mingyu sighed tiredly and looked back at Jeonghan, who was listening intently to some friend. "We met through Seungcheol. Apparently he and Wonwoo are friends or something, and I promised to get Jisoo's number for him in return for, you know, spending some time with Wonwoo."

Yebin frowned. "But how the hell did he even agree to a stranger?" 

Mingyu grit his teeth and internally reminded himself that the minimum period of imprisonment for a murder in South Korea is five years. That much time staying in jail wasn't worth for silencing Yebin.

"Apparently he's like that, okay? I don't know, he lives his life to the fullest or something, I don't remember." Mingyu shrugged and pursed his lips. He felt like he was interrogated and he didn't like the feeling.

"Okay, so what the two of you were talking about?" Yebin's voice was full of curiosity.

"Everything. Our past, present, our future. Wonwoo told me some random things about himself and actually, I think he's pretty cool." Mingyu answered a little boringly, and got a hit on the arm for it.

"Can't you like that Wonwoo instead? Everyone is better than that that makes you salivate at his mere sight." Yebin huffed. "How can you even like him? He's so full of himself and is a notorious swindler. I bet he's the cheating type."

Mingyu sent Yebin a deadly look. "Don't judge him. And I didn't choose who I wanted to fall for, okay? Besides, unrequited love with Jeonghan is already enough for me, thanks." 

"How do you know you would be in an unrequited love with Wonwoo?" Yebin asked with obnoxious tone of voice. She opened to add something more, but her phone started ringing. "Wait a minute, who the hell is- hi mom!"

Mingyu watched how his friend stood up while talking on the phone and went to the side. He slouched back in his seat and threw another glance at the circle of the six men sitting under a tree who were talking among each other. His eyes instinctively found Jeonghan who was smiling and Mingyu couldn't help but stretch his lips as well.

He had to admit he was whipped.

But he couldn't help it. Jeonghan was just so... perfect. He was beautiful, kind, confident, and sophisticated. The man was good at sports, he was the best in the whole year in studies. A lot of students looked up to him too, so he had a lot of admirers. And Mingyu was just that — his admirer. He could only watch him from far away and pray for Jeonghan to notice him.

Mingyu sighed and looked down at the book on his lap. He closed his eyes and started plucking with his fingers on the bookmark sticking out from between the pages.

He took a deep breath and relaxed in his seat.


Suddenly, he stood up, making the book fall to the ground, and stormed forward. The wind was smacking lightly his cheeks and making his brown fringe sway slightly, but he was unbothered by it. When he stopped at his destination, eyes of the six, familiar guys rested on him. Mingyu tucked his hands in the front pockets of his jeans and gazed at Jeonghan intently. The said man was slightly covered with sweat on his nape, collarbones and face, making him shine slightly. Mingyu his bottom lip while seeing from up close the person he liked so much, who had red cheeks from the game and twinkling, cheerful eyes looking straight at him.

"Yoon Jeonghan." Mingyu said with slightly raspy voice and the blonde man blinked his eyes rapidly. "Can we talk for a second?"

His crush stood up and the rest of his friends continued their conversation, not mindind the newcomer. 

"What is it, Mingyu?" The blonde man asked while they were walking to somewhere the taller of the two was leading them.

"You know my name?" Mingyu couldn't hide the surprise in his voice.

"Of course." Jeonghan chuckled, his eyes curved slightly and lips stretched in a smile in the process. Mingyu's breath hitched at the sight of his crush looking so... 

"You're beautiful." 

Jeonghan looked quickly at Mingyu who was shocked at his own slip of the tongue. "Thank you." He then moved his gaze to the ground, being obviously flustered. "No one called me that since I cut my hair."

Mingyu ran a hand through his hair and pulled the edges of his sweater to hide his hands. "Oh..."

"Yeah." Jeonghan let out slowly, and awkwardly scratched his cheek.

Mingyu suddenly stopped in a place behind a dorm building, after noticing there were no people around. Jeonghan frowned a little and looked around. He opened his mouth, wanting to say something, but the other man quickly beat him to it.

"I think you're beautiful, no matter what hairstyle you have. I find you charming with shorter hair, lovely with long hair and cute with bangs." Mingyu slowly lifted his hand. Jeonghan followed it with his eyes and let the other man move a few stray hairs from in front of his eyes.

"Jeonghan..." Mingyu whispered and looked down, straight at Jeonghan's eyes, with nervousness making every cell in his body tremble.

"Yes?" The other man's voice was breathless and new blush started forming on his face.

"I like you." That was it. "I have been liking you for two years already. I know your type is someone bold, fancy and confident. I know I'm nothing like that. I'm shy, I spend my free time on studying and I prefer to stay at my house during Friday nights while my other friends go clubbing. But... I want you to overlook all my flaws and give me a chance. I want to make you the happiest man in the whole universe, I want to cherish, respect and appreciate you. I want to like you, then love you and be with you until my last breath, my last beat of heart." Mingyu took a shaky breath and took Jeonghan's hands in his, who looked shocked. "So, Yoon Jeonghan. Will you go on a date with me?"

Mingyu couldn't hear anything else than his blood rushing wildly in his head and feeling his heart beating loudly. He was so nervous his hands were trembling and legs felt like they were made of jelly.

Jeonghan finally woke up from his shock and slowly stretched his lips. The smile was growing slowly until the man was grinning madly and Mingyu instantly relaxed. He's the most beautiful person in the world. Mingyu thought.

Jeonghan slowly moved closer to the other man, so they almost were touching each other with their chests, and he pulled on Mingyu's hands for him to lean forward a little. The blonde man glanced at Mingyu's lips and slightly teasing smile crept on his face. The other man suspected what Jeonghan had in mind, that he wanted to kiss him, so he closed his eyes, awaiting.

He waited.

And waited.

And he frowned.


Suddenly, there was a slap on his head and his eyes snapped open.

"What are you doing you idiot? Sleeping?" Yebin's loud voice hurt Mingyu's ears.

"Argh! At the best moment!" The man glared at his friend who looked at him with startle.

"What the hell have I done?" Yebin frowned and kicked Mingyu. "Look what you did with your bookmark you idiot, it's all ruined."

Mingyu glanced down and realised that indeed, the paper he was using to mark the pages was torn to small shreds.

"I think I plucked on it too strongly." He mumbled and looked in Jeonghan's direction. Mingyu's eyes widened when he saw all the boys who were previously playing basketball and resting in a shed were going in his direction. "Oh my."

"The Prince of Heaven is coming." Yebin said bitterly, and was surprised when Mingyu quickly looked the opposite way from where Jeonghan was going. "What the hell?"

"I'm shy, okay? If I see him up close I might embarrass myself or something." The man hissed.

"Damn, Gyumin. How do you plan to confess to him then?"

Mingyu ignored the question and saw in his peripheral vision how a short girl ran into Jeonghan and hugged him. The blonde man encircled his arm around her shoulders and ducked to kiss her temple.

Jeonghan passed by Mingyu while totally ignoring him, and Yebin sneered.

"I really don't like this guy and his little he caries around. I don't believe they're just friends. Come on, who's that affectionate with their friends!?"

Mingyu ignored Yebin's rant and focused on where he was looking. He smiled slightly seeing a familiar person a little far from him. Wonwoo was sitting on a picnic table, basking in the sunlight and looking straight at Mingyu, while his three other friends were playing cards.

"Anyone would be better than this sly barbie doll. Why can't, for example, the guy you ed with fall for you?"

Wonwoo slowly smiled and waved at Mingyu. When the other one waved back, he closed his eyes while frowning and threw his head backwards.

"But... why would he?" Mingyu asked with small voice and looked down. "It doesn't matter anyway, he's not who I like."

 

 

 


A/N: I'm not sorry lol XD Funny fact: Gyumin (I like that nickname a lot actually lol) was supposed to be in a relationship with Jeonghan when I was writing the main part, but then I realised that it wouldn't make sense, because it would mean he cheated? So, it was born hehe

And I don't even ship Gyuhan lol But yeah, I wanted to give some Mingyu's input here ^_^ And it got some twist like there was in Wonwoo's part! Yay! THANK YOU FOR READING, I HOPE YOU ENJOYED IT! <3

(But seriously, isn't he ethereal? ↓ He's BEAUTYfull lol)

Subscriptions, upvotes and/or comments are highly appreciated!