Twelve

Trapped
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“You are a .”

Having Daniel cuss like that means that Kai really did something very stupid.

“A big one at that,” Seungwoo added, nodding his head.

Kai scoffed as he applied chalk on the end of the cue stick. “As if I don’t know that,” Kai commented, placing the chalk on the table before positioning himself to take a shot. The sound of the billiard balls hitting each other came next. Kai picked his can of beer and chugged it down.

Daniel shook his head, giving up on making sense of why his friend’s acting like that. “Did you do that in front of Kira just to push her away? If you don’t like the idea of marrying her, since you’ll be officially engaged in a few days, just don’t do it. Tell your father that you want to pull out.”

Seungwoo tapped on his can, sensing the two after Daniel said those words. It’s the first time that the latter has talked to Kai like that.

“If only doing it is as easy as saying it…” Kai muttered and eventually trailed off.

“If you keep doing that, you’ll just hurt yourself. And you’ll break Kira into pieces.”

Kai turned to Daniel. Seungwoo was ready to step in if a fight would ensue in any moment. “You know what? You’re annoying me these days. You’ve been meddling too much. And why are you so affected anyway? Do you like her?” Kai asked, scowling.

Seungwoo stood from the couch and waved his hands up. “Whoa, dude. Chill. Why are you two fighting? Relax.”

Daniel narrowed his eyes in disbelief. It was his turn to scoff. Grabbing Seungwoo’s phone, he started searching for something. After a while, Daniel slid the phone to the other side of the table – to Kai’s side.

“I’m meddling because I’m the one with a rational mind between the two of us. If you want to dig your own grave, do it but don’t drag someone else. You’re losing control of yourself, Kai.”

Kai grabbed the phone and stared at a video clip.

“Kira didn’t do anything wrong to you. She’s not the reason why you’re living like this so don’t take it on her and stop lying to yourself,” Daniel continued before turning his back on them and eventually taking his leave. A sigh escaped Seungwoo’s lips as he turned to Kai who was still watching the video of him and Kira on the stage.

“Daniel’s so sensitive these days but I have to agree with him.”

“She’s an important person in my life.”

Kai’s jaws clenched and he stopped the video right away. He threw the cue stick on the wall as he cussed. Seungwoo, already used to Kai’s sudden outbursts, just sighed and reached for his phone before his friend could destroy it too.

Sighing in frustration, Kai leaned on the table with his head hanging down.

“Why did I say those words?” he muttered as if he really hated himself for letting those words escape his lips.

“You lose every rationality in the world when you get drunk,” Seungwoo commented, staring at his friend. “And you’re out of control recently. You get so angry for no reason. Is it because of the engagement?”

Kai would’ve snapped at his friend but he just kept his mouth shut and his eyes closed.   He slammed his hand on the table.

Seeing Kai like that was making Seungwoo worried. His friend looks like he’s losing every grip of his own life. Kai’s normally quiet and he only tends to be grumpy and snarky when he and Daniel make lame jokes, force him to do something with them or when they become too noisy for Kai’s liking. These days, especially when the talks of being engaged to Kira erupted, he’s been acting like a jerk – a according to Daniel.

“I thought you broke up with Jane. You’ve been together for like a month. Did you get back together?” Seungwoo asked when Kai finally sat on the couch. Jane’s the girl Kai met at the bar back in the U.S. when Daniel and Seungwoo forced him to go with them. The latter shook his head.

“Then why did you freaking kiss her back? Don’t tell me you did that because you want Kira to hate you on purpose.” Seungwoo was beyond dumbfounded just by thinking of that. Kai did not answer and he just kept on sighing. “That’s a very stupid thinking. I don’t get you at all. Why would you do that?”

“You’re starting to sound like Daniel,” Kai muttered, shaking his head before clasping it with both hands.

“And why the hell is she going around acting like your girlfriend? I think you need to explain everything to Kira,” Seungwoo suggested. “You’ll be in a lot of trouble if the chairman will know about this mess.”

Seungwoo’s right.

He’ll be in a lot of trouble.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

 

“KIM KAI: THE ENGAGEMENT IS NOT A SHOW TO COVER UP CORRUPTION SCANDAL.”

“‘SHE’S AN IMPORTANT PERSON IN MY LIFE’ – A DRUNK CONFESSION FROM KIM KAI AS HE TOOK THE STAGE WITH JUNG KIRA.”

            TYtrack: Oh wow. I can hear some hearts breaking. Girls, move on. A rich guy like him will never be yours anyway.

                        riceopener: Exactly. LOL

            shawtyimmapartytillthesundown: On a side note, I saw some pictures of Jung Kira in the pool. They said she lost her balance                                                                            and fell. That must be embarrassing. She looked pretty nonetheless.

            carrothead_thehun: I wish I’m Kira. A drunk confession is all I need.

                        chenxingmachine: Dream on.

                        rapbyun: I feel you. He looks like a gentleman and he’s so hot. I want to be treated like a princess like how he treats                                                  Jung Kira.

                                    Lovely_loey: You’re delusional.

…treated like a princess…

If only they know.

Kira put down her phone as she sighed. She still couldn’t shake the image of the two kissing. Girlfriend…huh…I guess I’m the only one who did not move on. She looked to her right and gasped when she saw Minhyun staring at her with brows bristled and his arm was propped on his chin.

“You scared the hell out of me,” she whispered while rubbing her chest. “Why did you not tell me that you’re here?”

Minhyun shrugged before grabbing Kira’s phone. The latter immediately pulled it back from his hands. They stared at each other before Kira looked away, placing her phone inside her bag for him to not reach.

“Let me take a guess. You’re reading those reports about you and Kai,” Minhyun remarked.

“I’m not.”

He chuckled before reaching for her cheek and pinching it lightly. She turned to him with a ‘let-go’ expression. He reached for the other cheek and pinched it too.

“Hwang Minhyun.”

He grinned. “Peach, you’re a very bad liar,” he hummed. Kira raised a brow before swatting his hands. He let go. Kira touched her cheeks and eventually massaging them. “I thought you’re going to the cafeteria. What are you doing here in the library?”

“It’s quiet here,” Kira replied, fixing the papers on the table. “And there are few people…staring.”

Minhyun sighed and reached for her head, patting her lightly. “Peach, what am I going to do with you? You have such a soft heart and you tend to be affected by what people say about you. You doubt yourself and your confidence easily wavers. You’re too good for your own good.”

“I know. I have so many flaws,” she whispered, lowering her head.

“There you go again,” he stated, leaning on his seat and pulling back his hand. “How did you manage to deal with all those meetings for four years anyway? I attended 3 meetings and I saw you impress the Board. Where did that confidence go?”

Kira turned to him, making a face. “You were there during the 3 meetings. That’s the difference. I was not that confident during the rest. I guess I did fairly because grandpa’s there…” she trailed off and Minhyun’s sure that she’s already thinking of her sick grandfather. “…yeah…that’s the reason why.”

“I’m so touched right now,” he commented, exaggerating his tone and patting his chest. He was grinning. “Hearing that you did well because I was there is really touching,” he continued, brushing his fake tears.

Kira chuckled, shaking her head. “Don’t be too full of yourself.”

“You just told me that I’m a great help,” he complained.

“Whatever.”

“Uncle told me that your grandpa agreed on going through the surgery,” Minhyun suddenly stated, changing the topic. Kira nodded.

“Yeah. He’ll go through the surgery after the official engagement.”

“Do you really need to get married to him? Is that the only way?”

Kira slowly shook her head. “I don’t know.”

Minhyun sighed as he played with his watch. “If you’re worrying about the coming election, I’ll assure you my vote. I have 10% of the stocks in my name.”

“Thanks…but we need to stop Mirae from crashing to the ground before we worry about the election. This…What I’m going to do will help the company,” she replied before giving him a lopsided smile.

“There are other solutions…we can talk to other investors abroad…although we do need some time to do that.”

“That’s the problem. We don’t have much time.”

The two fell into a pit of silence.

“Peach.”

“Hmm?”

“You need to trust yourself more. You need to be more confident. I will not be there all the time to tell you that you’re doing great. You’re the only one who can help yourself in the end…and-” he paused, sighing before giving her a small smile. “-don’t get hurt.”

“Sorry. I just did not want you to get hurt.”

“Because you’re Glitter and I don’t want you stop shining. I don’t want see you cry like this.”

Why am I suddenly thinking about him?

She smiled at Minhyun, tryin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter