Please keep me warm

My Best Friend
=== 

The night's cool breeze blew past them as they waited at the bus stop, causing Tiffany to shiver in her seat. She tried rubbing her hands together, desperate to keep herself warm. 

"It's cold." Tiffany inevitably mumbled to herself as another breeze passed by.

"That's because you didn't wear an extra jacket. Like I told you before we left." Taeyeon said in return while stuffing her hands into her jacket pockets.

"It wasn't that cold when we left."

"Yeah. And I checked the weather and told you it's going to be a little cold at night but you didn't listen."

"Right." Tiffany said under her breath.

Silence engulf them as they sat quietly. Tiffany continued to rub her hands and was beyond pissed at her girlfriend who could just not take a hint. She side eyed the girl when Taeyeon stood up then walked away without saying a word.

"Oh god. Great." Tiffany almost groaned in annoyance.

A little over a minute and Taeyeon was still gone missing. By now, Tiffany was both annoyed and worried on where her little girlfriend went. She was about to stand up to look for Taeyeon when Tiffany felt something pressed against her back, followed by arms wrapped around her shoulder. Tiffany let out a sigh upon feeling the warm lips on her cheek and a can of coffee slid between her hands.

"Thank you." Tiffany mumbled and leaned in to the touch.

"I don't want you to get sick." Taeyeon propped her chin on Tiffany's head as she hugged her tighter, trying to cover the both of them with her jacket.

"I know. And I'm sorry."

"For what?"

"For getting annoyed at you."

"You were annoyed at me?" Taeyeon briefly pulled away to look at Tiffany in confusion.

"Yeah. You keep on nagging instead of just holding my hands."

"Oh." 

"Yeah." Tiffany nodded before tugging at Taeyeon's arm to pull her back. Her girlfriend embraced her once again and kept her warm as they waited.

"Oh no."

"What is it?"

"I think we got the wrong schedule." Taeyeon completely untangled herself from Tiffany to look at the piece of paper on the schedule board. "The last bus left half an hour ago." She turned to Tiffany with an apologetic look.

"What? Are you sure?" Tiffany stood up and read the announcement. "Oh great."

"I'm sorry." Taeyeon smiled sheepishly and extended her hand. "I guess we have to walk home?"

Tiffany sighed exasperatedly before slipping her hand into her girlfriend's. "Do we even have a choice?" 

"Well, we can take a taxi if you want."

"I live 3 stops away from here. Let's just walk."

"Okay." Taeyeon nodded and they started walking hand in hand. "Tiffany?" She abruptly stopped at the next bus stop and waited for any sort of reaction from her girlfriend.

"What?"

"Can I stay over at your place tonight?"

"Since when did you need to ask for permission?"

"I don't know. You seem a little mad at me and thought you'd want to be alone." 

"Right." Tiffany ignored the expectant look and started walking. They reached her apartment after a few more minutes and she went about the living room to turn on the heater. "What are you doing out there?" She called out upon seeing Taeyeon still standing at the foyer with her jacket and shoes on.

"Can I stay here tonight?" Taeyeon asked once more, sadness evident in her tone and face.

"Of course you can. Now come here." Tiffany waved her in and watched as her girlfriend approach her carefully.

"Are you still mad at me?" Taeyeon stopped right in front of Tiffany who was now sitting comfortably on the couch.

"I'm not mad at you. Now sit." Tiffany scooted a little to the side and patted the empty seat.

"Okay." Taeyeon took off her jacket and sweater then draped them over the armrest. She finally took a seat after smoothing her shirt and instantly latched herself on Tiffany. "Are you still cold?" She asked while rubbing the girl's arm.

"Not really." Tiffany shook her head. "I have my personal heater here." She pulled out her free arm and placed it around Taeyeon's waist. The girl scooted even closer then nuzzled against her neck, the warm breath tickling her skin.

"I'll keep you warm all night." Taeyeon looked up with a gentle smile that Tiffany couldn't help but return.

"Oh god, please do. I thought I was going to die out there."

Taeyeon giggled at Tiffany's sudden change in mood and apologized one last time. "Do you want some hot chocolate?"

"Yes please." 

"Okay. I'll make us some." Taeyeon reluctantly pulled back and walked into the kitchen.

Tiffany just watched at her girlfriend's retreating back and couldn't stop herself from staring in a daze. She even had this silly grin on her face when Taeyeon came back with two mugs in hand and placed them carefully on the coffee table. "Come here." She patted her lap and the girl was more than willing to comply.

"Tiffany?" Taeyeon called out softly as she caressed Tiffany's flushed cheeks. 

"Hm?"

"You're so pretty." Taeyeon smiled a little as she observed the girl's face intently.

"You're just as pretty too. Or even more." 

"Thank you." Taeyeon waited for a while until Tiffany finally decided to meet her eyes.

"What are you trying to do here?"

"I'm not trying to do anything."

"You're making it hard for me not to fall for you all over again." Tiffany let out a sheepish smile as Taeyeon giggled. "I love you." 

"I love you too, Tiffany." Taeyeon said in return with a hint of shyness as she leaned in for a kiss.

That night, they cuddled in the living room, exchanging stories, hugs, and kisses, falling asleep on the couch with a smile on their face.

===
A/N: Hello everyone! I wrote it when I woke up so please excuse the errors. Will edit them later. Lol have a great week ahead! :)