It Was Worth It [DooRa]

Kara x Beast (Karawr) Collections and Request

(Doojoon's POV)

It took a dream to make me realize that I like her. Best friends to 'just friends' after a confession. Is it really wrong to like you in a way that lovers do?

"He likes you." Kikwang stared at her. I shamefully looked down. We shared a moment of awkward silence. My heart never felt so hurt. 

"Friends only." I heard the sweet voice. I sighed heavily and avoided eye contact. 'She would never like me the same way. Never.' I finally looked up and saw her eyes. I weakly smiled and controlled myself from this rejection. 'I only needed her to know, why are you so sad?' We all walked out of school. I made no effort to talk until Kikwang started something.

"Hey, so how was History?" He asked us.

"It was good." Hara answered.

"It was okay." I sighed heavily. Another moment of silence. 'God, just kill me now.'

"I won't be here tomorrow." Kikwang broke it again.

"Neither will I." Yoseob brought up. 'Someone please kill me now!'

"Oh, I guess.." I heard Hara say.

"I have to go. See ya guys!" I waved and walked to home.

The next day came by quickly. The school felt empty and scary without Kikwang and Yoseob. I don't have class with Hara until after lunch. And when she came to the library to come eat with me and some of the people I hung out with. The new kid wanted to go out for a walk. I stood up insisting to go walk with the new kid in school, just so I could avoid her. So we got out of the library and started walking without a word to Hara. "So, how do you like the school so far?" I asked Dongwoon.

"It's good." He replied as we sat down underneath the tree. We sat there looking at the fountain until lunch was almost over. Then I saw her walking towards us. I gave her a weak smile as she stood in front of us. Just then, the bell rang... I had class with her. Dongwoon went to his class. Hara and I awkwardly walked to ours. She sat by me as usual, but when Mr. Kim slacked off on his teachings, she went over to Hyunseung. I sat there, with nothing to do. I couldn't do the worksheet the teacher gave us but I acted like I knew how to do it and doodled on it. Then I would secretly steal glances of her and Hyunseung. The scene shattered my already broken heart to dust. I couldn't work, how am I supposed to.

A week passed by. No words spoken to Hara yet. It was a Monday and I didn't want to see her anymore because it would cause me pain. I went through with first period. It was now passing period. I walked my way upstairs and on the way, I felt a tap on the shoulder. I turned around and saw her smile. That smile... filled me with pain.

That's what my heart wanted... The truth, but it was worth it. I expected this ending. This sad yet happy ending.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hey, Apple here, just want to let you all know that stuff has been happening and so I've been busy and not able to write or think as much to make more one-shots/stories. Maybe I will have more time on Spring break which is next week.