Chapter 5

Two Doctors In Love || Book 2

Chaeyeon's POV   

'Wish for a miracle,' is what I said to her before I left. I knew that Kyulkyung being too nervous and worried. At least Chungha unnie was there to take care of her and the baby. Sejeong unnie promised Kyulkyung that she would be with me 24/7 while I promised Chungha unnie the same thing. Kyulkyung was still being too overprotective and afraid even when I left.

During the car ride, I smiled at my phone.

Kyulkyungie: Did you arrive there yet?! Did you?!

Me: Kyulkyung, calm down. We just got here. We're just driving to the hotel. That's all.

Kyulkyung: You made it safely for now. If strangers offer to do or give anything to you, don't accept it, okay?

Me: Yes, Kyulkyung. I know that. YOU HAVE SAID THAT AT LEAST TWENTY TIMES SINCE I HAVE LEFT.

Kyulkyungie: Is Sejeong unnie next to you?

I looked at Sejeong unnie, who seemed to be talking to our sunbaes. I rolled my eyes and moved my fingers on the screen of my phone.

Me: Yep, having a little talk with our sunbaes. Why?

Kyulkyungie: Chungha unnie asked. She was against the idea like me too.

Me: I see. So, what do you want me to bring back for you as a souvenir?

Kyulkyungie: Hmm... let's see. What would I want you to bring back for me as a souvenir? Oh I know. I want you as a souvenir.

Me: Being the cheesy wife you are, aren't you?

Kyulkyungie: I have my ways.

Me: Well, my cheesy wife. We have arrived at the hotel. I'll call or text you after we get back from the beach, okay?

Kyulkyungie: You're going to a beach, without me?!

Me: Jealous, aren't you?

Kyulkyungie: You're not supposed to tease your lovely wife, Chaeyeon unnie.

Me: I'm not. I'm just stating a fact.

Kyulkyungie: J-Just make sure to not reveal too much of yourself while you're there, okay?

Me: So, what you're saying is that I can't wear a swimsuit.

Kyulkyungie: And what if I am exactly saying that?

Me: Quite the jealousy type, aren't you?

Kyulkyungie: You only belong to me, Chaeyeon unnie. Dare to have an affair while you're away from me and I hear about that, I will kill you when you get home. And I won't hesitate at all even if I love you.

Me: Kyulkyung, you know I wouldn't cheat on you.

Kyulkyungie: I'm just saying, can't I?

Me: You can, but you're making me become more dumber here. What about this? I'll just wear a casual shirt and shorts, I'll hang out with Sejeong unnie, I won't go around cheating on you, and I'll try my best to not get myself drunk even if Sejeong unnie tries to get to me, okay?

Kyulkyungie: Deal.

Me: And I'll text you when we get back from the beach, okay?

Kyulkyungie: Okay. Just- have a wonderful time at the beach.

Me: I will. And I promise I'll take you to one after everything's settled, okay?

Kyulkyungie: You promise? Sure you're not gonna take back those words?

Me: I won't. Talk to you later, Kyulkyungie.

Kyulkyungie: You too, Chaeyeon unnie.

"Chaeyeon, what are you doing? We're supposed to be moving into our room."

"Coming!" I yelled and put my phone away. I pulled the suitcase and followed Sejeong unnie from behind, "Unnie, aren't we renting one room for all of us?"

Sejeong unnie shrugged, "From what I heard, the two of us are sharing a room. There's only one bed in each room, so I told the other sunbaes that we'll be sharing a room."

I smirked, "What a great decision, am I right?"

Sejeong unnie raised an eyebrow, "What? I don't want to be stuck in a room with someone else besides you."

I giggled, "I'm already taken by someone, unnie. And you are also taken by someone else too. Two words, Chungha unnie."

Sejeong sighed, "Chungha unnie doesn't like it when I get drunk. She thinks I'm going to have a one night stand with someone and cheat on her."

I patted her shoulder, "I think Chungha unnie's being a bit sarcastic here. Surely, you would never cheat on her, right?"

Sejeong unnie sighed and slumped, "She still thinks my love for her isn't enough to prove that this relationship is real. After all we went through these years."

I softened, "Remember when you told me that you once were in the same problem as me?"

Sejeong unnie looked at me, "Yeah, I do."

"Exactly, what happened between you and Chungha unnie?"

Sejeong lowered her head, "I'll tell you after dinner. I don't feel like saying anything right now."

I nodded, "If that's what you want, then I'll wait."

She nodded back and smiled as if nothing happened, "Come on! The others are waiting for us. We better place our luggage in our room quickly."

I nodded and continued to follow her from behind, "Yeah, yeah. I know."

A COUPLE OF HOURS LATER...

"That was refreshing!" Sejeong unnie exclaimed, but crossed her arms when I closed the door.

I looked at her, "What?"

Sejeong unnie frowned, "Why didn't you wear a swimsuit?"

I frowned, "Do I have to?"

She shrugged, "No, but it seems like you didn't enjoy the beach at all."

I pouted, "I did, Sejeong unnie. The only reason why I didn't wear a swimsuit was because of my jealous Kyulkyungie."

Sejeong unnie smirked, "I see. Kyulkyung sure learned well to let others know that you're already taken."

I crossed my arms, "Besides, why didn't you wear a swimsuit?"

Sejeong unnie sighed, "I'm too old to be wearing swimsuits. I mean, come on! All those other girls at the beach got good bodies, but me? Nah."

I rolled my eyes, "Unnie, you're only one year older than me."

Sejeong shrugged, "That doesn't make a difference at all, Chaeyeon."

I jumped and landed on the bed, "Aren't you going to tell me a bedtime story?"

Sejeong unnie raised her eyebrow for a second but stopped and sat down next to me, "I admit it. I once cheated on Chungha unnie."

I raised my eyebrows, "With who?"

"Kim Nayoung. A surgeon from Gugudan Hospital. It wasn't on purpose though. I was drunk at that time. I couldn't help it. It turned out to be a one night stand. We both agreed to not mention it to anyone, but someone told Chungha unnie that they saw us walking to a hotel, so she got mad at me and eventually broke up."

She chuckled, "She still couldn't get over me though."

I sighed but widened my eyes, "I forgot to call Kyulkyung!"

I reached for my phone and searched for Kyulkyung's contact. There were thirty missed calls on my notification. I sighed, "Kyulkyung's gonna kill me for sure when I call her."

Sejeong shrugged, "At least get over with it."

I nodded and pressed on her contact, waiting for her to pick up, "Hi Kyulkyung?"

"Unnie, where were you at?"

I gulped down nervously, "I'm with Sejeong unnie here in the hotel. Unnie, say something."

Sejeong unnie took the phone away from my hand, "Hey there, Kyulkyung! Your beautiful wife here didn't ditch you for another person. She was just with me the entire time while I told her a bedtime story. That's all."

"She better stay with you, or else she'll see the Satan side of me when she gets home."

"I'll keep doggy Chaeyeon in her cage-"

"Hey!" I yelled at Sejeong unnie. She stuck out her tongue with a wink and smiled, "Surely, doggy Chaeyeon wouldn't disobey me, right Kyulkyung?"

"Oh, she will obey you. Or else I'll be there myself and pinch her ear."

I took the phone away from Sejeong unnie and whined, "Kyulkyung, I promise I won't cheat on you. Sejeong unnie just made me realize that."

"Oh, so you were planning to cheat on me?"

"No, but Sejeong unnie taught me some good advice to not get in trouble."

"I'm watching you."

I frowned, "How can you watch me when you're at home?"

"I've got Sejeong unnie on my side, and you've got Chungha unnie on your side. Sejeong unnie watches you for me while you watch Sejeong unnie for Chungha unnie. By the way, Sejeong unnie, pick up your phone."

Sejeong unnie shrugged and her phone, "Your lovely girlfriend wants to talk to you."

She gulped and headed to the door, "I'm gonna have a private talk with Chungha unnie, okay Chaeyeon?"

I nodded and sighed, "Kyulkyung, I'm only gonna stay here for another two days."

"I'm just anxious, okay? Can we talk on chat?"

"Sure," I replied and ended the call.

Kyulkyungie: Chaeyeon unnie, I've been thinking for quite a long time.

Me: What is it, Kyulkyung?

Kyulkyungie: If our child is going to be a boy, what would you name it?

Me: Oh, I don't know. What do you want to name it?

Kyulkyungie: Jinseok!

Me: Okay? That came out of nowhere.

Kyulkyungie: That name used to belong to my late younger brother.

Me: I-I'm so sorry, Kyulkyung.

Kyulkyungie: It's okay. That was his Korean name. His Chinese name is a bit complicated, that's why.

Me: What about a girl?

Kyulkyungie: Oh, I know this one. Sohye.

Me: Hey, isn't that one of the nurses' names?

Kyulkyungie: Yep. Kim Sohye. I've always admired her and her cute girlfriend, Kang Mina when I was still single.

Me: Okay then. If it's a boy, then it's Jinseok. If it's a girl, then it's Sohye.

Kyulkyungie: Yep. They'll take your family name, right?

Me: I guess. Usually, they would take their father's name, but since we're a lesbian married couple, I guess it starts with the person who's the oldest. Which is me. We can always change it to your liking though, I don't really care.

Kyulkyungie: Nope. I like Jung better than Zhou. Jung Jinseok and Jung Sohye. Sounds right.

Me: You're missing a person.

Kyulkyungie: Who?

Me: Jung Kyulkyung.

Kyulkyungie: I guess you're right. But, isn't it late right now? Should we stop this conversation?

Me: Well, I am going to have to wake up early tomorrow. Do you want to stop?

Kyulkyungie: Let's stop for the sake of you and the baby.

Me: Okay then. Sweet dreams, Kyulkyungie.

Kyulkyungie: Sweet dreams, Chaeyeonie.

I placed my phone on the table and dropped on the bed. I smiled widely.

Jung Jinseok, Jung Sohye... they sound nice, especially Jung Kyulkyung.