Chapter 1

Two Doctors In Love || Book 2

Chaeyeon's POV

"Will you marry me?"

I blinked at Kyulkyung in disbelief. Did she just propose to me?

I smirked, "Are you joking, or is this for real?"

She forced a smile, "Guess it's still too early, huh?"

I looked at her with confused eyes, "Huh?"

She waved her hands all over the place, "Nothing! Just, let's get out early today."

I shrugged, "If you say so."

She smiled and hugged me tightly, "I really love you, Chaeyeon unnie. I'm going to literally die if I lose you again."

I cracked up, "Please, I'm not gonna do that again! I'm over with Heehyun unnie, remember?"

She nodded as she laid her chin on my shoulder. She sighed, "Our two year anniversary's coming. What do you plan to do?"

I shrugged at her, "I don't know. You decide."

I then smirked, "Or you plan to spend the night with me at home?"

She blushed, "Not again, unnie!"

I smiled playfully, "Kidding!"

She sighed out of relief. I chuckled at her cute actions, "Don't worry. I'll plan out everything."

I gave her a surprised look, "Are you sure?"

She giggled cutely, "I'm gonna make it as fun as last time!"

I forced a smile, "Please, no more roller coasters or horror movies for this anniversary!"

She pouted, but winked at me, "Don't worry! I learned it the hard way."

I pouted and hit her hard on the arm, making her wince out of pain, "Okay! I was just joking!"

She massaged her arm, "Why would I do that when your birthday is on that day, too?"

I pondered for a moment, "Oh yeah. I forgot."

She could only sigh, "Seriously, I don't get you sometimes."

I winked at her, "But that's my charm, right?"

She smirked and squished my cheeks, "That's true."

She smiled at me cutely, "Don't worry! I'll make this the best day yet for our anniversary and your birthday!"

I smirked before pulling her into a kiss, "You better."

A MONTH LATER...

"Chaeyeon unnie, are you done yet?" Kyulkyung asked impatiently.

"Coming!" I yelled as I held onto my dress. It was an all black dress that went all the way down to my knees. I looked at Kyulkyung, only to see her wear a simple white dress. I smiled, "I'm ready. Let's go!"

She nodded and whispered into my ear, "You look more beautiful with that dress on."

I blushed and squished one of her cheeks, "You too, Kyulkyungie. Now let's go."

She nodded and led me to the parking lot. In front of me was a black Chevrolet Camaro, neatly polished and looking good to go. I blinked my eyes in disbelief, "How did you?!"

She smirked widely, "Surprised, aren't you? I spent all of my savings for this car just for this occasion."

I hugged her and pecked her on the lips, "You're the best."

She smiled, "I know I am."

"Why did you get a car even though you don't have a license?"

She took out something from her purse and smiled proudly. Her picture and name was printed on her driver's license. I smiled, "How?"

She forced a smile, "It took me just one try to ace both tests."

I hugged her tightly, "You're amazing."

We both got in the car, Kyulkyung acting like a gentleman as she opened the car door for me. I blushed and entered inside. She headed for her door and entered with a smile. She started the engine and took off. The whole ride was quiet, but she kept holding onto my hand. We finally reached the five-star Italian restaurant Kyulkyung had reserved for.

She opened her own door, then went over to my side and opened mine gently. I made my way out and waited for her to close the door. She gestured me to go inside, "Let's go inside."

I nodded and entered inside with her. A waiter came to take off our coats, hanging them on a hook. Kyulkyung smiled, "We reserved for a table of two at seven pm."

The waiter nodded and led us to our table. He pulled out the chair gently, waiting for me to sit down before pulling the chair in. He did the same to Kyulkyung. He handed a menu to the each of us with a smile and left to the other tables.

Kyulkyung smiled at me, "What do you want to have?"

"Fettuccine alfredo and shrimp fra diavolo."

Kyulkyung nodded and gestured for a waiter to come. A waiter did so with a smile and asked, "Are you ready to take your orders?"

Kyulkyung nodded and replied, "Two fettuccine alfredo, one shrimp fra diavolo, and one lasagna."

The waiter nodded and bowed, leaving the both of us alone. Kyulkyung smiled at me warmly, "That was a good choice you made there."

I stared at her confusingly, "Really? I just chose randomly."

Kyulkyung laughed, "Me too. But the food is good here."

"I can't wait," I replied excitedly.

The food came out twenty minutes later, looking fresh and appetizing. The waiter bowed and made his way to the other tables. I smiled, "It looks good!"

Kyulkyung began eating, giving cute reactions every time she took a bite. I chuckled and began to feast on my food. We finished after an hour or so and left the restaurant with satisfied smiles on our face. I looked at my dress, "Kyulkyung, you were planning for a walk around the park near our apartment, right?"

She nodded, "Why? Do you feel uncomfortable in that dress?"

I forced a smile, "Yeah."

She smiled warmly, "No worries. I kind of feel uncomfortable in this dress too. Girly girl dresses don't suit me."

She then went to her sports car and grabbed something from the back of it. She came back with my converse that I would usually wear to go on our dates. I looked at her surprisingly, "Did you bring my shoes with you?"

She smiled and showed her own, "I brought both of ours just in case we got tired walking in heels."

I took the converse away from her hands, "Thank you, Kyulkyung."

"But we're going to have to change at home," she said with a disappointed look on her face.

I forced a smile, "No worries. Let's go home."

She nodded and opened the car door for me. I entered inside quickly because of the night's coldness. Kyulkyung entered inside with a determined look and drove us home. We reached eventually, making me get out of the car to go change into comfortable clothes. Kyulkyung forced a smile and followed behind me. We changed into more casual clothes, with me wearing a sweatshirt and sweatpants while Kyulkyung wore a sweater and comfortable pants. 

We ordered strawberry lattes along the way and took a nice long walk. We stopped for a moment to relax and sat down on the bench, drinking our lattes loudly. Kyulkyung looked around nervously, holding tightly onto her cup.

"Kyulkyung, what's wrong?" I asked and held onto her hand, but was only met by a wet substance, which I'm guessing was her sweat.

She looked around to make sure no one was around us, basically no one was around us at that time. I forced a smile at her, "What's wrong?"

She stopped looking around and cleared , "Chaeyeon unnie, I have something to confess?"

"Are you cheating on me?" I joked, but saw her look at me with a frown.

"No I'm not! Please don't make another joke about that!" she pouted cutely, making me laugh and pat her on the head.

She cleared again, "I just wanted to say, thank you for being here. Thank you for existing in this world. Because if I didn't have you, my life wouldn't have been fun right now."

I playfully smirked, "Are you being cheesy right now?"

She pouted once again, "Please don't interrupt me when I'm saying something important!"

I laughed, "Okay, I'll be quiet!"

She fiddled with her fingers, "And I think it's been a long time. Two years of dating, I think it's time to do something about that."

I forced a smile, "What do you mean by that?"

She was fiddling with something in her pocket, "I'm saying let's stop being a couple."

I looked at her surprisingly, "You're saying you want to break up?"

She looked at me with nervous eyes, "No! That's not what I meant!"

She then blushed, "Let's become a married couple."

I blinked my eyes at her in disbelief, "Are you saying?"

She nodded and knelt down, with a small box in her hand. She opened it carefully, revealing a beautiful ring that was carefully placed in the box in front of me, "Will you marry me?"

I looked at her with tears and replied loudly, "Yes!"

She looked happy and hugged me, then slowly inserted the ring on my ring finger. I smiled and looked at the ring more closely, "Kyulkyung, it looks so expensive!"

She looked at me nervously, "That's because it is."

I looked at her warmly, "Kyulkyung, you shouldn't have."

She looked at me with tears, "But that's how much you're worth to me!"

She hugged me and whispered into my ear, "You're so important that I would die for you if something happened to you."

I hugged her back, "Thank you, Kyulkyung."

She then pulled me in for a deep kiss, holding onto my waist gently. I kissed her back and patted her in the back, "Let's get in. We'll tell everyone about this tomorrow."

She nodded and hummed. I smiled and pulled her with me. I intertwined my fingers with her tightly, still feeling her sweat coming. But I didn't really care. I was finally getting engaged to Zhou Kyulkyung. The Zhou Kyulkyung.

"Unnie, is there anything wrong?" Kyulkyung asked worriedly.

"Nothing~" I said and hummed a tone.

She shrugged and paid attention in front of her. I secretly smiled and sighed.

I'm marrying the Zhou Kyulkyung. The Zhou Kyulkyung. I can't believe it, because my love was finally proposing to me...