Chapter 4

Two Doctors In Love || Book 2

Kyulkyung's POV

A FEW DAYS LATER...

We returned to Seoul after our honeymoon was over. Everything was back to normal. Sejeong unnie bothering Chungha unnie with dirty smirks while Nayoung unnie would just shake her head.

I finished my shift and was outside to wait for Chaeyeon unnie until I got a text.

Chaeyeonie: Kyulkyung, I'm gonna stay at the hospital for a bit, okay?

Me: Okay. Text to me when you get out.

Chaeyeonie: Okay :)

I entered inside my sports car and buckled my seatbelt. I inserted the key into the hole and turned it around. I spun the car wheel around and made my way out of the gate. When I got home, I instantly cooked myself something to eat. But I was not a good cook like Chaeyeon unnie, so I just made myself some instant ramen.

As I slurped the noodles deliciously, paying attention to the television as I did so, I pondered for a bit. What's Chaeyeon unnie doing that's taking so long? But after I finished the ramen, I paid attention to the television, only to feel weird all of a sudden.

Pain was attacking my stomach and I felt sick. I rushed to the bathroom and began puking into the toilet. After a few struggles, everything was out of my system, but I was breathing hard, my hair was messy everywhere.

I cleaned my mouth and flushed the toilet. I took a seat on the sofa and laid back comfortably as I patted my stomach. What happened? Is it a flu?

Before I could ponder more, the door opened and closed. I turned around and smiled, "Chaeyeon unnie."

She smiled and took off her coat, but looked at me worriedly, "Kyulkyung, are you okay? You look a bit red and sick."

I forced a smile, "I'm okay. Just feeling a bit tired all of a sudden. That's all."

She raised her eyebrow, "Kyulkyung,"

I shrugged, "Maybe I felt pain in my stomach."

She looked shocked, "And I puked after that."

She shook her head repeatedly, "No. It can't be."

"What can't be, Chaeyeon unnie?" I asked.

She looked at me with a serious face, "Kyulkyung, when did you have your period?"

I looked at her with surprise, "You mean?"

She shook her head, "You're pregnant, Kyulkyung."

I covered my face away from her and tears started to come out.

"Kyulkyung, why are you crying? Is it because you don't want to be pregnant?" Chaeyeon unnie asked worriedly.

I smiled at her, "No, unnie. In fact, it's the opposite."

She smiled and pulled me in her embrace, "Get ready to become a mother, Kyulkyung."

"Right back at you, Chaeyeon unnie."

She lifted me up bridal style and placed me carefully on the bed, "We'll check at the doctor's tomorrow, okay?"

"Okay," I said back before closing my eyes...

THE NEXT DAY...

"Thank you, Insun unnie," I replied with a smile.

"No problem, Kyulkyung. Anything for a fellow doctor," Insun unnie replied back.

I bowed and made my way outside. Chaeyeon unnie got up and looked at me worriedly, "So, what did Insun unnie say?"

I nodded my head, with her smiling and hugging me hard, "Oh, I can't wait!"

I smiled and patted her head, "Insun unnie recommended me to take a break when my stomach begins to widen."

She nodded and patted my back, "Hang on there, Kyulkyung."

I forced a smile at her...

A FEW MONTHS LATER...

My stomach began to grow as the time passed. It was already four months, just five more months to go until it was due. I took a break from work and hung out at home to take care of the baby inside me. Chaeyeon unnie would always get permission to go home early to check up on me and the baby.

Chaeyeon unnie opened the door and sat down next to me, "How's it going?"

I smiled, "Well."

She sighed, "Kyulkyung, I have something to tell you."

I nodded, "What is it, Chaeyeon unnie?"

She patted my stomach, "Well, the surgery building was planning to have a special event. We plan to go to Busan in a few weeks from here. I'll be back in a few days or so."

I frowned, "Didn't you promise me that you'll be with me and the baby?"

She looked sad, "Kyulkyung, I'm sorry, but I've always wanted to visit Busan. It's always been on my bucket list. I didn't have the time to visit, but now I do. Please, it'll only be for a few days."

I sighed, but smiled, "Alright. Only this one time."

She hugged me tightly, "Thank you, Kyulkyung!"

I patted her back, "What type of transportation are you using?"

She stopped hugging me, "We were planning to rent a bus, but we might go in cars."

"Is Sejeong unnie coming too?"

She nodded, "Be safe, okay?"

She cracked up, "What? Do you think I'll get in an accident along the way?"

I pouted, "It might happen. And besides, I'm just worried, okay? There's been a lot of accidents lately. It's dangerous outside too."

She smiled, "I will. So don't be too worried, okay? And if I ever do, there's something called a miracle. If I ever get into an accident, wish for a miracle. People say that miracles don't happen, but at least, do it."

I nodded and tried to change the subject, "What are we gonna eat for dinner?"

She shrugged and seemed to change the subject with me, "I don't know. Maybe I'll try to find something at the market."

I nodded and got up, "I'll be in our room."

As I walked to our room, I rubbed my stomach and sighed repeatedly.

Should I wish for a miracle?