Chapter 3

Two Doctors In Love || Book 2

Chaeyeon's POV

"Let's go to Ggotji Beach."

Was that a bit weird? She looked at me with a smile, "Sure! Let's go to Ggotji Beach!"

I smiled back and began cleaning up. Kyulkyung walked to the sofa and laid there comfortably as she looked at the television, laughing out loud repeatedly at a comedian.

I rolled my eyes and cleaned my hands, walking over to her with a frown, "Kyulkyung, shouldn't you help me out once in a while?"

She looked at me with a pout, "Unnie, you know I'm not good at cleaning dishes."

I raised my eyebrow, "Now that was a lie."

She shrugged, but then pulled me down with her on the sofa, "Unnie, when are we going?"

"Going where?" I asked and took my time to smell her natural strawberry scent.

"Ggotji Beach," she replied with excitement.

I smiled and played with a strand of her hair, "When do you want to go?"

She caught my hand and smirked, "How about tomorrow?"

I rolled my eyes playfully, "Sure, we can go tomorrow. Go pack up and I'll see if there are any hotel reservations left."

She squealed, "I can't wait!"

I laughed, "Start packing then."

She nodded and skipped to her room childishly. I chuckled at her behavior and sighed, beginning to search for hotel reservations.

There seemed to be only one room left and the hotel was the nearest to Ggotji Beach. I smiled as I finished reserving, "Done!"

"So, we're going tomorrow then?" Kyulkyung asked.

I nodded and sighed, "Now I have to pack my stuff."

Kyulkyung smiled, "Don't worry, I already did!"

I softened, "Did you? Thank you, Kyulkyung."

She made a victory sign, "No problem!"

I laughed and squished her cheeks, "Now, let's go to bed. I plan for us to get there really early tomorrow."

"Okay!" she yelled with excitement and skipped into our bedroom. I sighed and followed her behind...

THE NEXT DAY...

"Kyulkyung, wake up!" I shouted.

"Huh?" she asked, saliva coming out of . I shook my head at her as I wiped the saliva from with a napkin.

"Did you forget? We're going to Ggotji Beach for our honeymoon."

She looked confused for a moment, but answered innocently after a moment of silence, "Oh!"

I sighed, "Just hurry up and change into your clothes that I placed on the hook."

She winked, "Okay, madam!"

I giggled and took our luggage outside the door. Kyulkyung came out eventually, touching her hair, "Why didn't you wake me up earlier? Now I don't have time to comb my hair."

I chuckled and smoothed out her hair gently, "You look fine even if you don't comb your hair."

She blinked her eyes, "Really?"

I nodded and handed her a bag, "Carry this for me."

She nodded and helped me with another bag, walking in front of me happily. I placed the luggage behind the sports car and entered inside with Kyulkyung who was waiting to start the engine. She asked, "Ready?"

I nodded with a smile and waited for her to take off. She started the engine and drove out to the freeway. We reached to the hotel several hours later, thank goodness we didn't have any traffic. I got out of the car and started taking out the luggage.

Kyulkyung offered to carry some bags, waiting for me to finish. We walked inside the hotel and stopped in front of the attendant. The attendant smiled and asked, "What can I do to help you?"

"We reserved for one room."

She checked on the papers and nodded, "Your room is 1997."

"Thank you."

We walked to our room silently until Kyulkyung spoke, "Unnie, I just realized that our room number is the year of your birthdate."

I smiled, "Oh really? What a coincidence."

She smiled and stopped in front of our reserved room. I took the key and opened the door slowly, revealing an open room that smelled new and fresh. Kyulkyung had dropped the bags to the side of the room and began bouncing on the king sized bed. I sighed and gently placed down the luggage, "Kyulkyung."

She got up from the bed and looked at me with a pout, "What? I can't help it."

I sighed again and pulled her down with me, "Let's take a nap and go over to Ggotji Beach later to look at the sunset."

She nodded and closed her eyes, eventually beginning to snore cutely. I smiled and went through her hair gently, trying hard not to bother her. I then closed my eyes, "Sleep tight, Kyulkyung."

SEVERAL HOURS LATER...

"Kyulkyung, wake up. It's time."

She opened her eyes slowly and got up with excitement all of a sudden, "Can we go now?"

I nodded and chuckled. I suggested to her that she should change into comfortable clothes, so she did. We entered inside the sports car and drove to Ggotji Beach. When we reached there, we parked the car near the beach and walked to the shore. I smiled, "Have you ever been to Ggotji Beach before?"

She shook her head, "It's not like I had the time to do it."

I smiled again and sat on the sand, not caring if my shorts got dirty. I patted my hands on my lap, "Sit."

She nodded and sat on my lap. I didn't seem to have trouble keeping her balanced on my lap, maybe because Kyulkyung was light. I whispered into her ear, "Lovely sunset, isn't it?"

She turned to look at the sunset and nodded. I showed a warm smile and pointed to the two big and tall rocks that was separated from the shore, "Can you guess what that is?"

She raised an eyebrow, "Uh, rocks?"

I giggled, "Not just any type of rocks. There's a legend behind it."

Her eyes sparkled, "What type of legend?"

I sighed and pointed to the slightly smaller rock, "That rock is called the Grandpa Rock."

I pointed to the bigger rock, "That rock is called the Grandma Rock."

She smirked, "Is it called the Grandpa and Grandma Rock because they're both old?"

I shook my head and placed my chin on her shoulder, "They say that the wife of a base commanding officer in the Shilla Dynasty became the Grandma Rock after faithfully waiting for her husband to return."

She smirked again, "Really?"

I shrugged, "That's what they say."

She lifted up my chin with another smirk, "Then would you wait faithfully wait for me if I was gone? Just like the commanding officer's wife?"

I smirked back at her before pulling her in for a gentle kiss, "Isn't it obvious?"

We stayed like that for a while until I whispered, "Would you also wait for me if I was gone?"

She whispered back, "I would. No, I will."

I looked at her in surprise but then smiled and wrapped her in my arms more tightly, "Do you promise?"

She smiled and whispered gently before kissing me again.

"I promise."