Happy Birthday

Gomawo, Jagiya ©
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The bright ray of sunlight that seeps through the sheer curtains and the warmth of summer sun wakes SeoHyun up from her sleep. She look at the clock and is shocked to see the time shown is already 9.30 am. She straightaway sit up and wakes YongHwa up. "Oppa, ireona. It's late. We need to get the girls to school." Both of them barely had a sleep last night as her baby is having colic stomach. SeoHyun rush to the girls's room and  YongHwa jolted up at once when he saw the watch already showing half past 9, he wash his face, change his clothes and grab the keys. When both of them enter the room, they saw YongHwa's mom is tidying the room. 

"Eomma, where are the girls?" YongHwa ask his mom. 

"Where else do you think they are at this time? School of course. Your dad already sent them this morning. Don't worry." YongHwa sigh upon hearing what his mom said. 

"Mihane, eomonim, we overslept. We can't hear our alarm clock.I had troubled you with the girls. " Seohyun feels bad for her mother in law. She is thankful that her mother in law is there to help but she feels bad that her mother in law is the one that handle her elder daughters the most now. 

"Gwenchana. There's no trouble at all. Its not that hard to get them ready for school. I know that yesterday, JinAh cried almost throughout the night. You two must have not sleep well. Is she ok now?" 

"She finally sleeping now after to ask me to rub the oil to her stomach. Kamsahamnida eomonim. I am glad you are here with us, if not I don't know how to handle 3 kids all by myself. I never thought it will be this hard." 

"I will get better soon. Seems hard now coz JinAh is so small and she needs your full attention, the time will pass. Don't worry. If you let me to stay longer, your abeonim and I don't mind staying here. You know Yonghwa's dad love to spoil his grand children so much."

"Of course you can stay as long as you want eomma. At least you can help Hyun looking after the kids." 

"Arasso. Now go back and rest. Continue to sleep while the baby is sleeping. 

Both of them walk back to their room. JinAh is sleeping in the middle of the bed. Unlike her sisters, JinAh is not an easy baby. She love to cry a lot and she is very clingy to her eomma. She refuse to sleep in the cot at night so they don't have a choice but to let her sleep in between them. She wakes up almost every hour to be fed and change diaper and she just want to be direct feed from SeoHyun. Hyun hardly get a long sleep for weeks now and her eyebags is getting bigger. Because of JinAh is taking most of her attention now, SeoHyun hardly get to handle her elder girls. She feels really bad for them. Now, most of the time it's YongHwa or his parents taking care of them. It has been 2 weeks since she came back home and SeoHyun is still coping with their new lifestyle. JinAh is agood baby during the day as she sleeps well but at night, she is a bit active and making her parents wakes up often.

SeoHyun lie down next to her baby and pats JinAh's back gently. She is still sleeping. YongHwa to lie down on the other side to catch some sleep himself. "Oppa, mihan. We have a third wheeler now between us. Looks like we need more time to train her sleeping alone in her cot. " SeoHyun said jokingly.

"It's ok. She is still so small to be sleeping alone anyways. But she is too clingy to you, I'm jealous. She always cry when I hold her." he kissed the baby's head. He loves how nice baby smell is. It's intoicating for him.

"She's clingy to me because I am her source of food. She will like you soon no worries. You're her appa." she caress her husbands cheeks and he smiles like a kid. 

Both of them continue to catch some more sleep before the baby is up and require their full attention. 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

22 JUNE

It's YongHwa's birthday today, he has gone out early in the morning for a schedule. She couldn't even wish him as he went out too early. She puts JinAh in the cot after put her to sleep and come down to the kitchen. Her mother in law already preparing the seaweed soup.

"Eomonim, you are cooking seaweed soup?"

"Nae. is YongHwa still sleeping. I haven't seen him since morning."

"Aniyo, Yong oppa has a schedule today. He already went out early in the morning. Let me help you." SeoHyun walk towards her mother in law and offer to help.

"Gwenchana, its almost done now. You should eat some of this soup too for your health."

"Gomawo eomoni. I need to prepare the ingredients for baking. HanAh and MinAh are eager to bake a cake for their appa."

"Let me do it, you don't work too hard, just rest."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter