002.

Royal Reigns. (DISCONTINUED.)

"Joonmyun, my love," the Queen of Korea uttered while looking to her eldest son. "Where are your brothers?" She questioned while looking to him. The man smiled and bowed to his parents. He had been the only one to remain at the castle while his brothers decided to take a breather and leave the premises for the time being. "They went horse-back riding, mother. They promised to return before our sister departs for China." His parents nodded to him as he turned his attention back to the female in front of him. 

Joonmyun was lost for words when he encountered Haemin in the beautiful flowning black laced dress that only the English and French royals would typically wear. It had been so long since he had last seen her and she... grown into a fine woman. "My goodness," he breathed in as he took her sight in. Her ladies giggled at his mere gawking before he snapped out of it to bow to the princess. "It is so nice to see you again, Princess Haemin." 

The girl curtsied to him as she smiled: "It has, Prince Joonmyun, I hope you are well.. and it.. it's Queen Haemin now.." The man's eyes widened and impressed as to how she was holding up. Joonmyun smiled and nodded, bowing once more as he began to walk beside her alongside his parents. "Yes," the king uttered, "I think the queen would like to retire to her room and get settled in?" Haemin nodded her head as her ladies in waiting took their belongings and followed the guard to their perspective rooms. "Allow me, father," Joonmyun mentioned as he held out a hand to the Queen of England and France with a smile. 

The girl looked at him before smiling, taking his hand with another curtsy. "You have grown quite well, Joonmyun." She mentioned as she followed him to her room while the guards followed behind them with several of her belongings. "I can say the same with you, your highness."

Haemin looked at him weirdly and shook her head with a soft chuckle. She replied: "Please, just call me Haemin like you always have. I have only been queen for three weeks now, I am still trying to adjust to being the new reign." The brunet nodded to her with a smile as they arrived to her room. "This will be your room as you reside her. If you may need anything, I will be around... somewhere." He mentioned and bowed to her. She curtsied as she turned to the men behind her. She pushed the door open allowing them to waltz in first with her belongings. She then followed them in as they at her belongings down in the center of the room before bowing to her on their way out.

The girl sighed, twirling around to take in the new surrounding. Just a few weeks ago, she was on the soil of her father's kingdom and a few days before that.. she was tucked away on her grandmother's private lands. Now? Here she was... in Korea, the birthplace of her mother. 

"Knock knock," a feminine voice rang allowing Haemin to turn her body to the door. She smiled widely as her ladies came waltzing in happily. "We thought that you might need some help putting your things away, my Queen." Anna uttered while she curtsied in a playful manner to the new queen. Haemin rolled her eyes but she couldn't help but smile at the girls helping her put away her beautiful dresses and jewels. 

Her ladies, and friends, came from a decently rich background but they have never encountered a friend whose father was king such as Haemin. The six had grown close as they neighbored one another where Haemin's grandmother lived. Her mother's mother. They were always there for one another even when one didn't ask them to be. She remembered when she turned 16.. the six girls would sneak away to the lake and talk about nonsense. It gave them comfort when they needed it the most, and now here they are... All six in Korea together again. 

"Haemin.." Yoonmi called out after having put away the girl's crown and head acccesories, "I am so sorry about your father..." 

The other girls overheard and came over to the queen with a sorrowful smile allowing the Queen to frown a sad smile. "He was a lovely man.. it is just upsetting that someone would kill my father out of cold blood." Haemin spat out as she sniffled softly at the thought. Her ladies rubbed her arm and back gently before they pulled one another into a warm hug. A hug that Haemin has not received in a long time—even from her mother. 

"Now, let us get you changed into something... less flimsy and then you can do as you please," Miyoung uttered while pulling away. The girl smiled to the Queen and she was off to finding the perfect dress for Haemin to wear for the evening. 


"M'lady," two of the servants curtsied as Haemin smiled sweetly to them. She walked passed them while they began to whisper.

"She is so beautiful to be the descendent of an English man." 

"Her father is part Korean while her mother is Korean descendent but I have never seen such a beautiful reign!" The other whispered excitedly while Haemin grinned as she walked away. She turned a corner when she ran into a pole... except there wasn't a pole in the middle of the walkway. "I am so sorry," she exclaimed as she back away, rubbing her nose as she bowed just slightly. 

A deep chuckle rang through her ears as she looked up. The Queen blinked, nearly breathless when she saw the tall and fit man in front of her. She stared at him for a good long minute as his black hair swiped across his forehead in a beautiful manner. "It's quite alright," he uttered softly while taking a look at her. She nodded and smiled before bowing to excuse herself as she wanted to go out and walk by the river closely by the castle. 

The man stood frozen for a minute before turning around. His jacket clung to his body as he raced after her, "Wait!" He called out allowing to pick up her pace. The pair passed by more servants, who curtsied and bowed to them as they were now outside. "Wait, wait! What is your name? What are you doing within the walls of the castle?" He called after. She knew that voice anywhere, but she couldn't be sure of it. 

Taking a deep breath, she adjusted the crown on her head before turning around face him. She stood numbingly as he scanned her. His eyes squinting as he inched closer to her. She could smell his sweet scent for just a few feet away. But now, he was in front of her with a look she didn't know what to make out. 

"Are you..." he began, "you wouldn't happen to be... Princess Haemin... would you?" The girl cracked a small smile as she nodded her head. "Indeed I am," she replied: "and you might be?" 

A smile spread across his handsomely split features as he came forth and wrapped his arms around her, engulfing her in a tight hug. She grunted at the contact while trying to push the stranger off of her. The moment she was set free, she glared at him. "Who are you to do that to the Queen?!" She shouted but the stranger still smiled but in an amused manner. 

"How can you not, m'lady, remember your only and one Sehun?" 

She knew it.. she mentally slapped herself when she had figured that no one could be as handsome as her once dashing crush, Prince Sehun—the youngest child of the king and queen. Haemin blinked as she stared at him. She had noticed that he has grown to be quite the handsome fella and her heart still beats fast at that smile she oh-so loved. Goodness, she could say that the three brothers were all equally handsome, but Sehun's personality and charm stood out to her as a child. But now.. as much as her heart beats fast for him, it did the same to Sehun's older brother as well. 

"Prince Sehun?" She called out, moving closer to crease his cheek. He smiled and nodded, taking her hand into his. "My goodness, Haemin, look at how beautifully you have grown." He muttered while taking in her appearance. She chuckled shyly and thanked him for his courtsey of words. "Has he seen you yet?" 

"Joonmyun?" She questioned, looking at him before nodding, "Yes, he escorted me to my chambers earlier." Sehun's head shook. He smiled and tugged at her arm, pulling her into the castle allowing her to stumble and let out a high-pitch squeak. "Sehun! What are you doing?!" She hollered, trying to holding onto her dress so she didn't trip over the darned beautiful piece of fabric. "I am taking you to see him," he replied. 

"But I have already seen Joonmyun!" 

"Queen Haemin, are you really so dull?" He questioned, looking back at her with his all-knowing grin that split his handsome features. She gasped and stopped allowing him to jerk backwards. "Are you insulting me, Prince Sehun?" The man raised his brows and grinned at the girl. "I take that to offense, sir!" Sehun hummed and bit down onto his lips before wrapping his fingers around her wrist: "I am glad you do, now come on!" He mentioned while dragging her once more. She grunted at the sudden jerk while trying to hold onto the long dress but it did no justice for her. 

"Where are you taking m—" Sehun had apparently let her go but her nose planted into a hard chest when she jolted forward. She whined and pulled away, rubbing her nose for the second time today. What was it with her running into someone? Was it a thing where the Queen would find ways to injure herself? Haemin moved back and gasped, letting out a shriek of terror when her foot had stepped onto her dress. She felt her body fall backwards until she felt a strong arm wrap around her waist. 

Her eyes were shut closed until she opened them to reveal a dashingly handsome face. A face that she knew better than anyone's. He looked into he hazel brown orbs as she did his. There was barely any emotion in his features when Sehun cleared his throat. "I shall leave you two be," he mentioned and walked out of the spare room, leaving the two to still be in the stance of him pulling her up. She blinked and scurried to stand up straight. She curtsied to him as a thank you escaped her lips. "I should be going," she uttered while trying to walk for the door. The moment her hand reached for the knob, a strong hand clasped the door shut. 

Haemin's eyes widened at the action allowing her to look to her left. There he stood, still examining her with much distaste as if she interrupted something. 

"Who are you?" His voice rang as she blinked. She moved to stand away from him in order to calm her beating heart. "Who are you?" She repeated. Her hands were down her side in a manner of her clutching a fist. Her ring shining brightly against her index finger. "I asked you first." He growled, moving towards her with an intimidating and stern look. But Queen Haemin stood tall as she stared at him with a slightly determined look. "And I asked you second. Tell me who you are and I will comply to your request." The slightly taller man chuckled deeply. Never once has he encountered someone who would test him. Not even his brothers would test him. He was a man of strategic war complexes. He was a lot like his father... except of the needing part. 

"I am Prince Baekhyun—and who are you to test me?"

"B-Baekhyun?" 

"It's your highness to you," 

gaped a bit back at her lip. He inched closer to her with a stern and icy cold glare. She remembered that she loved to follow him around, bother him with all the might she had. She crushed on him before Sehun came into the picture and turned her feelings upside down. Baekhyun moved closer allowing her to be pushed back against a table, his body too close for her to even try to like. She looked down and breathed in a shaky breath.

"Queen Haemin, now you will get off of me!" She hollered and his body stiffened. Baekhyun stared back at her as he moved back an inch or two. He took a look at her appearance. The man bit down on his lips as he looked up and down at her. She moved and glared at him before he snapped out of his trance. 

"H-Haemin?"


leave me feedbacks, don't be a ghost reader