001: The First Meeting.

Royal Reigns. (DISCONTINUED.)

"Today's council calls for all parts of the kingdom to join," Lily, or more known as Princess Lily Haemin of England and France, stood in the center  with her mother sitting in the reign's seat—or her father's reigning seat. The girl had only been home less than a day and she had no idea what was going on. When she was a child, they had shipped her off to stay in Korea where she was protect by the king there. Then her parents called her back to be living with her grandmother in the quiet lands in England. It was frustrating to be moved around a lot, but she knew her parents did it to protect her. 

"We call everyone here to announce the pass of King William Hwang." Lily's head shot up. She had been close to her father. He would always send a letter for her caretakers to bring her back to the castle. He would make sure that she was taught to be a proper lady and to make sure that she's treated with respect vice versa. She loved her father, but she was upset that her mother, Queen Jaemin, didn't even tell her that her father was ill. Why? 

Her mother stood up from the seat as she stepped down the steps, moving to the center of the room. "The King was killed in cold blood, and my best men are doing their best to find me that killer of my husband. With the disturbing passing of my late husband," she called out, looking to Lily as she stood stiff. "the coronation of my daughter, Princess Lily Haemin Hwang will occur. My daughter will take her crown and lead our nation!" Her mother called out, pointing her hand to the brunette. 

"The coronation will begin tomorrow at dawn," her mother mentioned before leaving the room. 

Lily gawked, stepping down from the stand as she ran after her mother. "Mother!" She called out. She grasped her dress, making sure she doesn't trip on the beautiful, flowy emerald dress. She caught up with her mother as she slowed her running stance. "What do you mean I'm taking the crown? What about you?" Her mother came to a halt as she turned turned to look at Lily. "My darling," she uttered while taking the brunette's hands, "I am nothing but a Korean descendent that has nothing as much as your father has... You are his heir and I am nothing but his wife. He was such a faithful and wonderful man.. it always made me wonder why he chose me. A common Korean girl, who had nothing but a family."

Queen Jaemin looked down to their hands as she breathed in, "But you, Lily Haemin," she called out while looking up to Lily, "you had everything—everything to get you through the racial comments. If it wasn't for your father's love, I would have been booted out of this country the moment they saw who their queen was." Lily felt a tear drop hit her hand as she looked up to her mother. Immediately, she reached up and wiped away the tears from her mother's face. "But now.. we are loved, I am loved. But they love you more." Her mother looked at her and smiled, "You are the heir of William's, and the two countries love you. As your mother, I know.. I know you'll be the best queen any country can ask for you. You'll lead England and France with confidence. I know you will." 

Her mother smiled and pulled Lily into a tight hug, but all Lily could do was release a shaky breath.

She would be crazy if she wasn't scared, but she was.

She was about to be queen. 


The Coronation.

Lily breathed in, she was terrified to step out in front of thousands and hundreds of people. She looked in the mirror, taking in her appearance with more shaky breaths. "You look beautiful, my little Min," she turned around to take in the appearance of her grandfather. She smiled and scurried over to him. "Papa!" The elder man wrapped his arms around her with a smile. "Little Min," he called out, patting her back. 

"Are you ready?" 

Lily moved away from her grandfather, a frown plastering her lips. "No, I am scared, papa." 

"Why, my love?" 

"What if I am not the queen they expect me to be?" 

Her grandfather sighed and shook his head with a smile as a gesture of calmness. "Now listen to me Lily Haemin Hwang, you are a strong and confident young woman. As the father of the late King William, I know you will be just as great as him. I promise you that you will rule over the two countries with the ability of any royality. You will be the first female ruler the country's ever had, but you will be great." 

She sighed and smiled to her grandfather. "Thank you, papa." The elderly man nodded as he patted her head gently. A soft knock sounded as they looked to the door. Her mother walked in, stopping almost immediately with a smile. "Look at you, darling." Lily looked to the Queen and smiled meekly. "Your dress, my goodness. I remember the day your father wore the same pattern and fabric." Lily blinked and looked at the dress, the beautifully patterned beige dress that corolated with her father's beige coronation outfit. "Goodness, you look beautiful, my love." She smiled at her mother, who began to tear up a bit.

"Okay, let us get going," her mother uttered while holding hand out to her daughter. 

After the coronation had taken its place, Mother of Queen Lily Haemin bowed slightly as Lily stepped to take a seat that once belonged to her father. She sighed and looked forward, taking in a deep breath when one of the guards came to her. He bowed in front of her as she looked at him. "I want you to work as hard and sufficient to find the killer that killed my father and I want him executed, do you understand me?" 

"Yes, your majesty." He got up and bowed before taking his leave. Her mother soon stood in front of the brunette while holding her hand out to her. Lily took it and smiled. "My dear, you need to be in safety," her mother addressed, "so I am sending you to Korea where the King will await you." 

"And what about you?" Lily called out. Her mother smiled, nudging the brunette to continue on. 

"I will stay here and take care of your father's death. You are the Queen now, darling, and you need to be protected. Now we will prepare you for the weeks' worth of travel." 


Three weeks later.

 

 

Lily exhaled as she looked out the carriage to the much more different looking castle. It looked more unique compared to the castles in France and England, but she can't say why. She was part English and Korean. Her Korean was strong, thanks to her parents sending her away and her halfie-father also teaching her. "We have arrived in Korea, ma'am." Her driver called out as she hollered a thank you, the carriage coming to a stop. The door opened for her as she took the hand and stepped out.

She looked up to the Korean castle with a genuine smile. It's been long since she's been here. She was here as a kid when her father would send them to the alliance's home. Sometimes her father would remind her that she was engaged to one of the King's son—the oldest—she'd assume since it is by law. She shook the thought off when another carriage arrived. She turned her body and gasped when five figures came merging out of the carriage. 

"Haemin!" The five hollered as they came scurrying to her. Lily smiled and squealed at the arrival of her ladies-in-waiting: Joohyun, Miyoung, Yoonmi, Hani and Anna. "What are you doing here?" Lily questioned as her friends smiled. "We're here for you!" The brunette blinked before smiling: "As my ladies?" The five nodded while giving the Queen a hug of their missing. "Oh, it has been so long since I have seen you five!" The girls chatted as the trumpets sounded allowing the six girls to halt their laughter and greetings. Queen Haemin moved to stand in the center as the King and Queen walked out to greet her. 

"Ah, yes, Priness Haemin," the King greeted her once he was face-to-face. He smiled and extended his hand for hers. She smiled and gave him her hand. "It's such a pleasure to see you again. Look at how you have grown. I assume your kingdom is well? Are they looking for a successor of the England and France yet?" The King smiled in a false manner. Lily's face dropped as she stared at him sternly: "No, sir. They are not because I am their Queen. England and France does not need a successor when they have a Queen to look after them." 

The King stared at her in disbelief as if she doesn't look fit to be queen. Surely her crown was on to show recognition. She rolled her eyes as the Queen of Korea greeted her with a warm smile. She did the same as she sighed happily. "I'm sure the boys would be glad to see you again, my dear! Come, let us walk inside."

Haemin smiled as she nodded allowing her ladies to follow the three royals into the castle. "I assume you've got my mother's letter weeks ago?" She questioned the royals of Korea. The pair nodded to her with a smile, "You will be safe here, your highness."

The brunette felt the crown weigh down on her head as she walked with her head high. A small sigh esaped her lips as they entered the beautiful, unique castle. She twirled around, taking in the beautiful of the place as a voice rang through:

"Princess Haemin?" 

She turned her body around as she squinted softly. She looked closely as the figure moved forward allowing her to smile at the newcoming figure.

"Prince Joonmyun?"


ooooh joonmyun's been introduced first!? who's next??? hmm..
leave me feedbacks!!! don't be a ghost reader!! ;;