Nayeon's POV

Winter Solace
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

NAYEON’S POV

I have just arrived to my new apartment. I took a long vacation and went to the US to clear my mind and find myself again after my break up with Mina. I was a mess that time. I didn’t know how and where to start. I don’t even know if I made the right decision but what can I do I was so scared and my fears overpowered my love for Mina. So, in the end, I chose to break her heart even if it means breaking my own.

I stood up from the couch and went to the window to look outside and it seems like the weather is good to have a walk. I decided to fix my things later and have a walk outside first. At times like this, I remember Mina. We love to walk around together. I miss her so much. I really really miss her so much and I regret breaking up with her. I regret walking out of her life. I regret breaking her heart. I regret hurting her when all she did was to love me unconditionally. 

In that one year that I’m away, I realized a lot of things and one of those things is that I love Mina so much. I really love her so much that I almost die of sadness and loneliness while I’m in the US. And I know I was wrong for not trusting her enough. When you love someone, you should learn how to trust and put your faith in them. I should have listened to her when she asked me to stay and fix our relationship. I should have just told her that I needed time and space to think about everything. I should have not left her like that. She means so much to me but I failed to make her feel that way and now I cannot go back in time and correct my mistakes. I am just hoping that she will still forgive me for what I did to her because all I wanted right now is to be back in her loving arms again.

I am now walking alone aimlessly and the temperature is so cold. The winter’s coming soon which makes me miss Mina more. Winter is my favorite season, not because it was cold or because of the snow but because of Mina, my winter solace. I don’t mind the coldness of winter as long as Mina is beside me. Her presence gives me comfort. Her hugs and kisses gives me warmth. She might look cold but she is actually a very warm person. Her calm demeanor mistakes people that she is an ice princess but she is far from that. She is the warmest person I have ever known and yet, I chose to hurt her. I chose to hurt the person who loves me so much.

While walking, the snow starts to fall which marks the first day of winter. I stopped walking and looked at the sky. It was a beautiful view to see how the snow falling. This first day of winter reminds me of something.

Flashback

“Baby, wake up! Look it’s already snowing.” Nayeon tried waking up Mina but Mina is not responding.

“Baby-” Nayeon was about to say something when Mina suddenly pulled her and trapped her in between her arms.

“It’s weekend and it’s still so early, baby. Let’s sleep.” Mina mumbled while hugging Nayeon.

“But I want to watch the snow!” Nayeon said childishly but Mina remained quiet so she tried to free herself from Mina’s arms. She went to the window again and watched the falling snow. After a moment, she suddenly felt arms encircling her waist and she cannot help but to smile. Mina gives the best hug. Her hug gives Nayeon warmth, comfort and security. She feels so safe whenever Mina is hugging her. No, she feels safe and secured whenever Mina is around her. Mina’s existence alone can make her feel safe and. . . loved. They stayed like that for a couple of minutes feeling each other’s breathe and heartbeat.

“It looks so beautiful.” Nayeon mumbled.

“Yeah, but you’re far more beautiful than that.” Mina said which made Nayeon smile then she faced Mina.

“I love you, Mina.”

“I love you, too. I love you more, baby.” Mina said and then she closed the gap between them. She kissed Nayeon softly pouring all her emotions to it. Nayeon did the same. Mina does not only give the best hugs, she also gives the best kisses. 

*****

Mina was cooking their breakfast when Nayeon suddenly backhugged her.

“Yes, baby? Do you need anything?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter