Mina's POV

Winter Solace
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

This story was inspired by these tragic photos of Minayeon.

 

WINTER SOLACE

MINA’S POV

It’s Saturday morning and I’m still lying on my bed staring at the ceiling, thinking about nothing. It’s getting colder and colder and all the leaves in the trees were already fallen.

Trees look so empty without leaves in them and just so my heart. It feels so empty since the time Nayeon and I broke up.

It’s already been a year and I have to admit that I haven’t moved on from my break-up with my long-time girlfriend. It’s also been a year since the last time I saw her. I do not know if I should be happy because it will be easier for me to forget her or should I be sad because damn, I miss her so much. I miss her so much that I feel like my heart is already going to stop beating soon. I miss her so much that I feel like I’m going to die from loneliness and sadness without her by my side. I miss her so much that it hurts.

Just like the trees without the leaves, this house feels so empty without her. This house doesn’t feel home without the smell of her pancakes and coffees. This house doesn’t feel home without the smell of her perfume or the sound of her voice. This house doesn’t feel home without her waiting for me coming home from work. This house doesn’t feel home without her giving me warm hugs and kisses. This house is not a home without her. This house is not a home without Im Nayeon.

After a moment of thinking and reminiscing, I decided to have a walk outside the house to clear my mind. It’s been a while since the last time I had a walk because it reminds me of Nayeon. When we do not have anything to do, it’s either we’ll watch movies or go to the mall or just simply walk outside.

I thought that walking outside will help me clear my mind but I was wrong, I was so wrong. Every step reminds me of Nayeon.

Before, there are arms clinging in my arm making me feel warm.

Before, there are warm hands holding mine making me feel contented.

Before, there is Nayeon talking about anything and everything, talking about things I will never get bored listening to.

Before, there is Nayeon giving the happiness that I thought I will never feel.

Before, there is Nayeon, the woman I loved the most. The only woman I will ever love. The only woman I want to spend my every waking day, my every second and every beat of my heart.

But now, it’s just me. It’s just me walking aimlessly. It’s just me reminiscing the good times I have with her.

Now, it’s just me wishing that I could turn back time and not do the things that made me lose her.

Now, it’s just me walking and wondering if she misses me just as much as miss her.

Now, it’s just me walking with a broken heart wishing I still have Nayeon in my life.

 

The snow is starting to fall now which means that winter has officially began and at the most unexpected time, my heart skipped a beat when I see her walking towards my direction. She is still far away from me but I already know, just by the way she walks and moves, that it’s her, it’s Im Nayeon. I do not know what to feel at this moment.

Should I talk to her and ask for another chance with her?

Should I swallow my pride and beg her again to come back in my life?

Should I tell her that I am a mess since the day we broke up?

What should I do when all I feel right now is the pain I felt when she chose to walk out of my life? My heart was crashed into million pieces when she chose to throw away everything that we had and she did not even give me a chance to prove myself to her. She just walked out of my life just like that. . . like I do not deserve to be love, like I was not worthy of her trust, like I was just nothing to her.

 

 

FLASHBACK – Third-person POV

Nayeon finished early with her work so she decided to go to Mina’s office so they can go home and eat dinner together. She didn’t inform Mina about her plans of going to her office. Mina works as one of the executives in her family’s company. Nayeon easily went inside the building because the security guards already know her.

As she walks towards the elevator, Nayeon’s eyes caught a glimpse of Mina and Sana, Mina’s ex-girlfriend, laughing and eating together at the company’s restaurant. She felt like her heart was stabbed a million times. Jealousy, insecurity and anger are already consuming her. She trusts Mina but the way Mina laughs with Sana makes her feel things she does not want to feel. As tears beginning to fall from her eyes, she decided to walk away and just go home.

Mina came home from work and a mad and glaring Nayeon welcomed her. She does not know what she did this time but with the looks that Nayeon is giving, she knows she’s doomed. She felt her heart sinking when she saw Nayeon’s luggage beside their sofa.

 “Baby, what is this? Why did you pack your things? Where are you going?”, Mina asked Nayeon. Panic can be heard in Mina’s voice. She kneeled in front of Nayeon and held Nayeon’s hand. Nayeon didn’t bulge and just ignored her.

“Baby, do

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter