Of Regrets & Jealousy

Winter Solace
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


Mina was awakened by the loud sound from her phone. It was weekend so it pissed her off that someone’s calling her early in the morning. She answered the call without looking at the caller ID.

“What?” Mina groggily said.

“Good morning to you too, Mina unnie!”

“What do you need this early morning Chou Tzuyu?” Mina answered Tzuyu with the hint of annoyance from her voice.

“Why so grumpy Mina unnie? It’s so early yet. Are you in your period?” Tzuyu playfully answered her Mina unnie.

“Just say what you need Tzuyu so I can go back to sleep. Oh please.”

“Okay okay. Come to my party later Mina unnie. I’ll text you the details.”

“I can’t go Tzuyu. I need to sleep and rest.”

“You need to relax and have some fun too. And it’s been so long since we’ve seen you. I miss my Mina unnie.” Tzuyu said cutely which kinda surprised Mina. Tzuyu is not the type who acts cutely unless she really wants something from you.

“I can’t Tzuyu.” 

Mina knows that there’s a 99.9% chance that Nayeon would be there since they have the same set of friends that’s why she is hesitant if she should go to the party or not.

“I’m not asking you Mina unnie if you can go or not. Come to my party. Don’t make me drag your out from your apartment.”

“This kid!”

“Bye Mina unnie! I love you! Saranghae! Aieru! Wo ai ni! See you later.” Tzuyu said and then she ended the call. Mina could only sigh because Tzuyu is really a pain the .

“There’s nothing could happen if I could to that party, right? And meeting her will always be inevitable. I’m just going to pretend that I don’t know her.” Mina thought.
***

The party will start at 7 PM but it’s almost 8 PM and Mina is still on her way to the party venue that’s why Tzuyu keeps on calling.

“Mina unnie, where are you? The party is starting!”

“I’m coming, baby Yoda. Just got stuck on the traffic.”

“Are you sure?”

“Yeah, I’ll be there in 10 minutes. I’ll see you. Bye!”
***

Tzuyu was smiling when got back to her friends’ table after calling Mina. It was not just a simple smile but a mischievous smile (as expected from the savage maknae. Hahaha.). Jeongyeon, Jihyo, Chaeyoung, Dahyun and Nayeon are sitting together. Including Mina, they are all best of friends since their high school days.

“Who did you call?” Jihyo asked while Tzuyu is finding her way to her seat next to Jihyo.

“Just a friend of mine. Anyway, are you guys having fun?” Tzuyu asked her friends but as the observant kid as she is, Jihyo knows that Tzuyu is up to something.

“Mina is the one you called, right?” Jihyo whispered to Tzuyu. Tzuyu was not actually surprised that Jihyo found out who did she call.

“Yeah, this is going to be fun.” Tzuyu said. Jihyo could only look at the maknae.

“What?” Tzuyu acting innocently.

“You’re really a spawn of the devil. You’re just going to make things awkward.”

“Oh yes I am. And also, Jihyo unnie the reason why I held this party is for the two of them.” Tzuyu whispered to Jihyo. Apparently, Nayeon does not have any idea that Mina will come to the party. 

“Yah! What are you two talking about?” Nayeon asked Jihyo and Tzuyu.

“Nothing unnie! I hope you’re enjoying the party.” Tzuyu answered Nayeon who was currently drinking her tequila.

“Yes I am. Thank you for this welcome party Tzuyu. Our maknae is so sweet.” Nayeon said and stood up to give Tzuyu a kiss and hug.

“Oh my gosh unnie! It’s so gross.” Tzuyu said trying to get away from Nayeon. The other girls just laughed at the two.

***

Mina just arrived to the party and she immediately saw her group of friends but she decided not to go there. She knows it will be so awkward to sit with the group especially that Nayeon is there. She just sit on the bar counter and ordered something to drink. She was enjoying her time alone until someone sat beside her.

“Why are you alone here? Your friends are over there.” The girl said which made Mina look at her.

“You look familiar.” Mina said. The girl just smiled at Mina.

“Well, we graduated from the same university. It’s just that you are too popular to notice someone like me.” the girl said and chuckled.

“No, you really look familiar. Your look like. . . my future girlfriend.” The girl just laughed out loud after hearing Mina’s remark.

“Are you hitting on me now?” the girl asked while still laughing.

“Maybe?” Mina said while chuckling.

“Anyway, I’m Park Chaeyoung but you can just call me Rosé.” Rosé said then offered her hand for a handshake. Mina accepted the handshake with a smile on her face.

“A beautiful name for a beautiful girl like you.” Mina said while looking at Rosé.

“You’re a sweet talker.”

“Am I? I’m just telling the truth. By the way, I’m Mina. Myoui Mina.”

“I know you. You were so popular in our university before. I’m actually one of your admirers.” Rosé said looking anywhere but Mina. She feels shy telling about this to Mina.

“I feel flattered because a beautiful girl like you admires me.” Mina said and Rosé cannot help but blushed since Mina is calling her beautiful since earlier.

“Stop it, Mina! You’re making me shy.”

“Okay, I’ll stop now beautiful girl.” Mina said then took a shot of tequila.

“Mina!” Rosé said while laughing. Mina cannot help but smile. It was the first time in a while that she feels like this, that she smiles like this and she does not even know why she feel comfortable around Rosé.

***
Tzuyu took out her phone to call Mina since it has been more than 15 minutes but she still cannot see any sign of the older girl. But before she can even dial Mina’s phone number, she caught a sight of the laughing Japanese girl with

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter