Confession

Cotton candy

"I like you" Hakyeon suddenly blurts out. They both sat in the kitchen that late night. Or is it morning already? Taekwoon wasn't sure.

 

He went to the kitchen because he was thirsty, and he can't sleep. He saw Hakyeon was drinking his banana milk, so without thinking much he joined the latter. It was nice, they were talking like how they usually did, getting updates of each other, what they have been up to these days.

 

Taekwoon were busy with Vixx LR's activities, they were preparing for their Japanese album release so he barely meet Hakyeon or even the other members except Ravi. He and Ravi would head out to the company before the other wake up and only go back home late night, the members usually were all sleeping when they arrived home.

 

 Hakyeon on the other hand were busy with his charity project. Happy bean, if he's not wrong. They didn't talk lately, thus Taekwoon doesn't know much about Hakyeon's charity project. He only knew about it when he saw Hakyeon posted about it online. He actually feel really proud, knowing that the leader is doing something to help others during his break. At least he knew Hakyeon has activities instead of getting bored doing nothing in their dorm. The leader would usually complain when he don't have anything to do.

 

They barely see each other, both busy with their own schedules. So it was nice, to finally see and talk with Hakyeon. He suddenly missed this; just chilling with Hakyeon. He almost forgot how much he love doing this with Hakyeon. Hakyeon always been someone that he enjoys having conversation with. There's no awkwardness, their conversations would flows out easily.

 

"I mean, not like between brother. I like you. I love you. You know?" Hakyeon continues, fidgeting his fingers looking at the table.

 

Taekwoon was too shock with the sudden confession. He wasn't prepared. How is he supposed to respond? "I...." His words paused, he's searching for the right word. What was it? He just can't find the right words.

 

Hakyeon suddenly stands up. He laughs awkwardly, Taekwoon swore Hakyeon's face was really red and his face somehow shows that he is hurt. "Forget it. Ugh, this is stupid. I'm sorry something must be wrong with my brain. Just ignore this Taekwoon. I never said this. Okay?" Hakyeon says, very fast and he sprints out of the kitchen before Taekwoon could even give an answer.

 

••

 

The following day Taekwoon didn't see Hakyeon anymore. Hakyeon didn't eat breakfast. Taekwoon even told Wonshik to go to the company first, because he wanted to wait for Hakyeon but the latter never come out.  At night when he came home, Hakyeon's door was locked. He tried to call Hakyeon out, but Hongbin stopped him. "Hakyeon hyung is tired. Don't bother him". Hongbin says, somehow sounded harsh, but Taekwoon just brush it off.

 

Hongbin would be a little overprotective over Hakyeon sometimes. Maybe because they knew each other longer than the others, they understand each other more. Taekwoon can't stop but feel a little jealous over that small facts. That Hongbin understands Hakyeon more than him, that Hongbin knew Hakyeon better than him.

 

••

 

Days passed, Taekwoon still couldn't find a way to meet Hakyeon. He can't find Hakyeon anywhere. There's always obstacles when he tried to seek for the man. Hakyeon always find a way to run away from Taekwoon.

 

It's been one week since then. The last time Taekwoon  gets to talk to Hakyeon was that night, when Hakyeon confessed. Taekwoon really want to meet Hakyeon. He need to give an answer. He need to clear up the situation between him and Hakyeon.

 

"Where are you guys going?" Taekwoon ask when he saw Jaehwan, Hongbin and Hyuk all dressed up. "We're watching movie!!" Hyuk answers excitedly before proceeding to wear his shoes. "Without me?" Taekwoon ask in disbelief. How could they watch movie without him? Don't they usually watch movies together, the six of them?

 

"We're gonna be home late. You have early morning schedule tomorrow, don't you?" Hongbin reasons, making Taekwoon nods disappointedly. Not fair, the members going to have fun without him!

 

"Wait. What about Hakyeon?" Taekwoon suddenly remembers. Wonshik gonna stay in his studio tonight, but he don't know what is Hakyeon's plan for tonight.

 

"Resting I guess" Hongbin answers. "Don't disturb him! He's tired so he need the rest" Hongbin warns him before Taekwoon could even say anything.

 

Taekwoon was ready to argue but Jaehwan cuts him off. "Let's go. We're late!!! Bye hyung" Jaehwan says and pull the two maknaes with him.

 

••

 

Taekwoon stays in his room for half an hour before he gets really bored. Maybe he should join Wonshik in the studio, at least they could discuss about the Japanese album or even play with . But he's too lazy to walk out of the dorm, plus with the cold night's weather, no thanks. After another minutes thinking, he grabs his phone and send a short message to Hakyeon. Sending a message wouldn't hurt, right?

'what are you doing?'

 

He gets a reply after two minutes, magically. He thought Hakyeon would't even reply.

'sleeping'

 

Hakyeon gives a short reply. Taekwoon can't help but laugh bitterly. Sleeping huh?

'we need to talk. Don't you think so?' He send another message.

 

'Nope. I'm tired, Taek.'  Excuse. It's obvious Hakyeon is just giving an excuse.

 

Without thinking much, Taekwoon stomps to Hakyeon's room. "Hakyeon I know you're not sleeping. Let's talk" Hakyeon stay silent. He don't even give a reply and ignores Taekwoon's request.

 

So Taekwoon did what he thinks best. "Fine. If you don't wanna talk then we're going to be like this forever!" He says, sounded angry. He himself don't know why. But instead of walking back to his room, he sits himself next to the door.  If Hakyeon don't want to come out then he's going to wait. Maybe Hakyeon will get out of his room, when he's thirsty or anything. So Taekwoon wait and wait. He play with his phone silently and cautiously, worried that Hakyeon might know that he's there.

 

After an hour, Taekwoon heard the door clicked unlock. At a fast speed, Taekwoon push the door with all his strength and gets into Hakyeon's room. Hakyeon screams in surprise when he saw Taekwoon. "Oh my god. I almost died!!" He says, frowning.

 

They stares each other for a little seconds before Hakyeon broke the silence, "umm.. I'm thirsty" Hakyeon excuse himself, he tries to run away but Taekwoon caught his hand before he get to reach the door. 

 

"You can't. No more running away" Taekwoon close the door, and locks it. Hakyeon gulps, he's going to die soon.

 

"There's nothing to talk about. I told you-" Taekwoon presses his lips to Hakyeon in a swift, stopping Hakyeon from continuing his words. His hand creeps to Hakyeon's smaller frame, holding the latter as if Hakyeon would run away. Hakyeon tries to push him at first but he's not strong enough and ends up giving in. He replies the kiss and soon enough the kiss becomes desperate.

 

They parts when they both lose their breath. Hakyeon fix his gaze to Taekwoon in confusion, breathe shaky due to the lack of air. "W-what"

 

"I love you too" Taekwoon says sincerely. He holds the slightly smaller man tighter. Enough with one week Hakyeon tried to avoid him, he can't wait anymore. "I've been wanting to tell you this since that night, you know? I love you, Hakyeon" he says again.
 

"You know how hard it was for me? You were running away from me this whole week" he walks further, pushing Hakyeon backwards. "You can't do this to me. Suddenly confess and then avoid me" he complains, frowning. He pushes Hakyeon to lay on the bed as he climbs on to him. 

 

"So no more running away, okay?" he asks, looking at Hakyeon in the eyes searching for answers. He love Hakyeon. He really do. He can't bear to lose Hakyeon.

 

 Hakyeon broke into a smile, the smile that Taekwoon had missed so much. Hakyeon nods. "Okay"

 

"I love you" Hakyeon says and they kissed again.