Baekhyun

Chasing Kim Taeyeon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Every moment that Taeyeon spent dating Jiyong sent a stabbing pain right through her heart.

 

Because Jiyong was everything she had hoped for, everything about him was just so perfect and sweet and caring and despite her utter intentions to come clean with him about her situation, her fear of his reaction to her confession always seemed to make her stop in her tracks. Heechul was utterly disappointed with her choice of course, he liked Jiyong too much to agree to her idea of manipulating his family’s power just to keep her safe.

 

The wind ruffled Taeyeon’s blonde hair as she sat opposite Jiyong at their thirtieth beach date. Jiyong was a very attentive boyfriend, and Taeyeon simply felt herself falling more and more for the cheeky and handsome boy before her day by day despite her conviction not to do so.

 

“You’ve been quite distracted for a while.” She shifted slightly as she felt him sink into the sofa seat beside her. “You sure you’re okay?” Jiyong’s eyebrows tended to frown cutely when he was worried, and Taeyeon smiled slowly at him, pinching the frown between his eyebrows gently.

 

“Its nothing, really. I just worry a lot by nature.” Jiyong chuckled, wrapping his arm around her shoulder.

 

“That, I agree. But you seem to be over worrying these days. I think thats a high cause of concern.”

 

“I’m not going to get depressed, if thats what you’re concerned about.”

 

“Nah.” Jiyong snuggled his chin on her shoulder. “You’re strong enough not to get depressed. Its something else thats bothering you.” Taeyeon bit her lip slightly, closing her eyes as she decided to divulge part of her story to Jiyong.

 

Part of it, mind you.

 

“I bet you’ve heard the name Baekhyun, lots of times right?” Jiyong shifted slightly.

 

“Yep, the girls and Heechul hyung mention it a lot.”

 

“And you aren’t curious?” She turned slightly to him. “I’m keeping a secret from you and you aren’t curious?” A crooked smile graced Jiyong’s face.

 

“Everyone has their own secrets they want to keep, Taeng. I figured that he was one of yours.” He smiled. “And I believed that you would tell me about it, when the time was right.” Taeyeon’s eyes glazed slightly.

 

“ You just trust me that much, huh?” Jiyong sighed softly, removing his hand from Taeyeon’s shoulder. She fidgeted slightly from the loss of warmth.

 

“I don’t trust you, Taeng. I love you.” Jiyong closed his eyes slightly. “And with that love comes the unconditional trust I feel should be given to you as well as a proper respect for your privacy.”

 

A funny feeling wrenched through Taeyeon’s heart, a mix between guilt and another tingly feeling she couldn’t put her fingers on.

 

“I..” She whispered softly, her fingers grazing Jiyong’s cheek gently. “Thank You,Ji.” The words lodged in as Jiyong gazed at her expectantly. “I..adore you too.” Slight disappointment crossed Jiyong’s face. “I’m sorry, I..”

 

“No, its okay.” A gentle look crossed Jiyong’s features as he ruffled her hair slightly. “You must have your reasons why you can’t confess you love me. I bet you everything its related to that Baekhyun.” A tiny smile crossed Taeyeon’s face.

 

“You’ve got good intuition.” She admitted grudgingly.

 

“No. You’re just bad at concealing it.” Jiyong laughed openly. “Seriously Tae, anyone would be able to tell that you not saying the “L” word is because of a male called Baekhyun from your terrible reaction to his name.”

 

“I don’t have a terrible reaction.” Taeyeon crossed her arms and scowled, much to the amusement of Jiyong.

 

“You do.” Jiyong grinned at her.Taeyeon puffed her cheeks adorably at his rebuttal, grudgingly conceding as she saw Jiyong not giving way.

 

“Fine. Maybe I do have a bad reaction to my ex-boyfriend’s name.”

 

“You have a hilarious face when someone gives you an oreo too. Its kind of a mix between I wanna throw something in your face kind of Taeyeon and I wanna run away kind of Taeyeon.”

 

“That too.” Taeyeon huffed. She fell silent as Jiyong rubbed her back slowly.

“He was my first and last boyfriend, you know.” Her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter