Taeyeon's Secret

Chasing Kim Taeyeon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jiyong was stuck between a rock and a hard place.

 

He stared, or tried not to stare openly at the man that currently held all of Taeyeon’s attention. The man not related to Taeyeon by blood but by blood.

 

Kim Heechul.

 

“It should have been impossible for you to survive without any food or water or even fluids to support your system for nine months. You’re like Jiyong, a walking science miracle.” Taeyeon’s smile had brightened ever since she had seen her brother. Jiyong could understand how she felt. To regain something back that you felt you lost entirely was something entirely incomprehensible. You’d feel like you were floating on cloud nine, and then when reality settled in...what replaced the incomprehensible feeling would be what was called as exhilaration or utter joy.

 

“Maybe his cells regenerated themselves, just like how mine did. Maybe the particle matter also accelerated your cell speed and hence your body repaired itself despite being damaged constantly by the lack of food, water and nutrients.” Jiyong suggested, watching Taeyeon’s furrowed eyebrows at her brother’s condition.

 

“That would be a very very good thesis and query, Mr Kwon.” Heechul’s eyes sparkled at what he suggested, “If only, my paralysis was entirely not existent. Because if I heard you correctly, my cellular regeneration would have been more than capable enough to regenerate my broken nerve endings and restore them back to normal. The odd thing is, it didn’t. And I’m still paralysed.” Jiyong huffed slightly, thinking thoughtfully.

 

“Maybe it couldn’t just let you have everything.” A crooked smile graced Jiyong’s face. “You couldn’t possibly have cellular regeneration and growth without side effects. For me, I use mine as soon as they grow, so it counters the side effect of actually having unwanted cellular growth, I believe.” Taeyeon looked at him, astonished that his analysis was so accurate. Heechul grinned.

 

“I like this boyfriend of yours. He’s interesting. And smart.” He announced, much to the pride of Jiyong and embarrassment of Taeyeon. “But, Jiyong, I think the particle matter affected me in a more different manner than just cellular regeneration.” He admitted. He wheeled the chair over to the examining table and beckoned Jiyong over. “Come. Tell me what you make of this.” He gestured to the solid mass of pinkish substance. “I was found in this. I wouldn’t call it ectoplasm, but its quite similar in substance I believe.” Jiyong frowned, squinting his eyes as he picked up a pair of gloves.

 

“May I?” He asked softly, smiling crookedly as Heechul nodded. He picked up the pinkish solid jelly like substance and brought it to his nose, wrinkling his nose slightly at the oddity that the substance had no smell. “Can I run a test?” He asked, turning for permission to both Heechul and Taeyeon.

 

“Go ahead.” Heechul said generously, gesturing widely with his hands. “Who knows what you might bring to the table with that brain of yours. “ He grinned mischeviously at Taeyeon, whose eyes were focused on the silent but serious Jiyong.

 

“So.”

 

“So what?” Taeyeon raised her eyebrows, glaring slightly at her brother.

 

“So is he the one?”

 

“We only started dating today.” Taeyeon huffed, crossing her arms. “So I can't say.” Heechul giggled at her reaction, squirming in his seat.

 

“Ooh you're embarrassed!” He was positively delighted at the change of events. “So how did you meet him?”

 

“He was affected like you were by the dark matter. I took care of him while he was in a coma for nine months.” She paused momentarily.” But I ready knew him somewhat before that.” Heechul gasped exaggeratedly at her words.

 

“Oh my God oh my God, Kim Taeyeon, you knew hot guy and didn't tell me?” He waved his hands, scandalized. “And when he's such a hot piece of candy too!”

 

“Okay, that's weird. That's so so weird, Oppa.” Taeyeon reclined slightly on the side of the table. “And no, it was only a chance meeting. He's the guy that I spilt coffee on and soiled his shirt.”

 

“The one you gave your number to?” Heechul squealed. “The one who cutely called you and made you smile? Oh ma mama mia~” He swooned. “That's so cute! You two must have met because of fate.” He said dramatically. A smile twisted Taeyeon's lips.

 

“You know,” she said seriously, trying not to let a smile flit across her face at her brother's childish actions. “I'd forgotten how irritating it was to simply be in the same spa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter