Jiyong's Crush and Coffee

Chasing Kim Taeyeon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

FOR THOSE WHO DIDNT KNOW I HAVE ANOTBER COMPLETED STORY:

 

THE DEVIL'S EYES: The Devil's Eyes

Chapter 1:

 

If there would be any word to describe Kwon Jiyong in his absolute entirety, it would be the word irony. Because one, he was the most righteous person alive, with the strongest moral compass one could ever know, but yet he had the worst kind of job and occupation for someone with such a strong moral compass. He was a gang leader. Not of choice, let me make it clear, but because of blood inheritance. You see, Jiyong's dad was an all rounded gangster who had built up a huge empire of his own in the mafia world. And because of that, he needed an heir, which unfortunately, was none other than Kwon Jiyong, his only son, and a gang leader with a unnaturally strong sense of Justice. Of course. There were other things about him too, like how Kwon Jiyong was a super genius with a high IQ that had graduated from the Oxford University with flying colours and….how deeply obsessed and deeply in love he was with this hot y doctor sans scientist that worked at SM Labs and knew nothing about his existence. But that's besides the point. Because up till the day that changed Jiyong's life, he was having a huge fall out with his family about taking over the family business. So much so that he moved out to stay in a loft all alone, overlooking the city. Well, mainly SM Labs, where he could peek out of the window to see the lovely blonde hair swaying in the glimmering sun light, the bright smile as the scientist waved the others off after work. Jiyong never had the courage to ask her out, because she was a legal citizen, and for her to be mixed up in a bloody messy violent family like his, it would be a literal disaster waiting to happen. And that was the last thing Jiyong wanted for the woman he loved. And so, Kim Taeyeon didn't know that Kwon Jiyong existed. Didn't know the Kwon Jiyong who crushed on her so badly that he would spend hours staring at her reflection in the window. So much so he knew her itinerary for the day, from what kind of coffee she liked, how much milk or decaf or stuff like that. He even knew her favourite colour was light blue and purple blue, and that she had a American best friend called Stephanie Hwang. Jiyong knew he was being creepy. On a literal stalker kind of level, but he just can't stop the creeping affection for the blonde hot scientist just next door. If it wasn't for the fact that neither knew nor met each other, Jiyong's way of having information on her would just be plain sweet in a perfect boyfriend way. And then came the fateful day that Jiyong would recount as the day that changed his life with fondness and Taeyeon recounting it as the most annoying accident to occur that would allow for a intensely annoying man to zip literally into her life. The day the SM Labs exploded. Not literally of course, it was just one of the experiments they were working on that exploded. The particle accelerator, and I could stay on and explain how the science behind the electrons and protons of the particle accelerator worked just to obtain clean energy...but then we would never get on with the story. So basically the whole thing was a little like this. It was a absolutely normal day, Jiyong had taken care of his gang business, and by that it meant the shipment of drugs and cartel as well as artillery. It was a favour that had to be done in order for him to be entirely left alone by his father, who constantly sent people to trail him to persuade him. And as usual, Jiyong had sent them packing home with more than just a few broken arms and legs. They had to literally be carried on a stretcher home. But hey, when you are a son of a mafia leader and have expertise in martial arts and black belt in karate, that kind of means that no one can quite stop you. And so Jiyong was feeling quite jovial as he took his morning coffee happily, sipping on the frappuccino that he had bought from Starbucks when someone bumped into him and splashed her iced coffee down the front of his expensive shirt.

 

“Oh I'm so so sorry, but I'm kind of in the rush since I'm late for work, so uh, I'll give you my number to call so that I can get you a new shirt.” Jiyong couldn't believe his luck. Standing before him was his crush, with her cute framed glasses on her nose bridge and long blonde hair tied in a messy updo. She had her SM Lab coat still on, but wore a sweatshirt and baggy sweatpants that both had SM Lab logo printed on it. She must have had looked like a mess, with her tired eyes and messy hair, but to Jiyong, his crush had never look ier in her comfort clothes.

 

“Uh..Hello?” A slim pale hand waved in front of him, and he jerked out of his reverie.

 

“Uh yeah.” He stuttered, not knowing what to say as she handed him a card, engraved with her beautiful cursive handwriting with the name he had already knew a long time ago.

 

Kim Taeyeon

Biochemist/ Doctor

SM Labs

 

And scribbled down below the name was a eleven digit number with a small harried message for him to contact her about the shirt. Jiyong grinned, not caring for once in his life that his designer shirt had been stained with coffee. He was definitely going to call her, meet up and then devise a plan--on how to continue seeing her without things being too awkward. A large grin spread across his face.

 

The day wasn’t just stopping at good. It was getting better.

 

~~~~~

Jiyong paced around his room as he glanced at his phone, chewing his lip thoroughly as he contemplated if he should press the button on his phone and call her. He had already programmed her number into his phone, and for the entire afternoon, Jiyong had spent his time pacing around the loft he lived, thumb hovering over the call button as he couldn’t make up his mind and have courage to call her.

 

“God. You’re making me so dizzy. Just call her, hyung.” Jiyong glared at his two younger brothers, one snoring lazily on the sofa, the other drinking a bottle of beer.

 

“Shut up, Seungri.”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter