The Day that We Meet Again

Promise to Believe

May 23, 2019

*Kyuhyun’s POV*

 

Tomorrow will be the day that I will finish my military service. I'm so excited! I'm sure the members will be there to greet me. AHA! They probably have made a surprise event for me. Thinking about how noisy it would be in front of the gate with the girls - no, our girls, our ELF - screaming my name... Ahh, the imagination lifts me to the moon. I need to get down to earth again and ask the crazy hyungs what time are they going to be here.

******SJ Group Chat*******

Me: Hyung! What time are you all coming tomorrow? I need to make sure our schedule match.

Leeteuk: Ahh... around 12 pm maybe? See you maknae~


Heechul: No can do. I have a recording on that day. Won't be seeing you until 2 days after I think.
 

Yesung: Sorry Kyu-ah, Siwon, Wook and I have promised to have lunch on that day. Ask Leeteuk hyung to come and join us after! Well if we're still eating.
 

Me: Ahh it's okay. Who are you coming with, Teukie hyung?
 

Leeteuk: I don't really know, I'm busy. Talk to you later!
 

Me: Ohh.. Okay sure! 
 

Donghae: Kyuhyun-ah! Nice to hear from you! How are you?
 

Me: I'm good! I'm discharged tomorrow, are you coming?
 

Donghae: Really? Ahhh I don't think I can go visit you. I'm making a new song so Shindong hyung and Eunhyuk said they will help me so we'll be in the studio the whole day tomorrow. Come over after you get discharged!! 
 

Me: But I think I'll be tired... Sorry we'll see each other later.
 

Ryeowook: Sorry I didn't know the exact date so I made a reservation with Yesung hyung and Siwon hyung already! We did a lot of R.Y stuff without the K while you're gone. Hahaha
 

Me: Haha, good thing, Wook-ah.

At this point, I think no one is going to make it... Some of them didn't even reply. I feel way too disappointed to function. I guess I should just go to sleep. 

*Katalk!*

I jolted out of bed immediately, pushed my blanket out of the way and grabbed my phone so quickly that I'm almost embarrassed if anyone saw me. 

Kangin: Kyuhyun ah. I'm sorry I couldn't go. I'll visit you next week.

UGH. WHY IS THIS HAPPENING TO ME.

Me: It's okay hyung. I understand. Good night.

I better get some sleep. I need to sleep this frustration away. At least, ELFs would still be there. 

 

May 24, 2019

There were a lot of fans waiting for the return of the last member to finish his military service. Just before the clock hits midnight there were already around 500 fans waiting for him.

Today is the day that the evil/baby maknae will be discharged from his public service. The fans are waiting for his arrival at the station since yesterday night. The rest of Super Junior members are nowhere to be seen. Only two big SUVs parked on the shoulder of the road and those are probably SM's staffs and KyuHyun's manager. Where are the Super Junior members? At 11:30, Leeteuk was seen to have exited the vehicle and entertained the fans while waiting for Kyuhyun.

At 12:00 pm sharp, Kyuhyun exited the station. Everyone started to scream and chant his name with glee because the last member of Super Junior is back. Kyuhyun hugged the leader. Leeteuk seemed proud of the maknae. Kyuhyun was smiling ear-to-ear, and they hugged again. This time, it was a tight and emotional one. Suddenly, the fans' screamings and chanting were getting louder. Kyuhyun didn't notice the reason to this, so he thought it was just because of the hugging. But then again, he felt another pair of arms behind him. He was surprised and quickly turned around to see whose arms it was. This time, he saw everyone. He saw Donghae's smile and felt his arms around him. He saw Heechul walking towards him with Eunhyuk and Shindong. Siwon was wearing sunglasses and then took it off and hanged it at the first button of his shirt, with his hands up for a high-five. Ryeowook seems to be displeased with the whole image but still laughed anyway. Kyuhyun wouldn't - no, couldn't - listen to anything else anymore. The screams were deafening, his vision was blurred. His face is now wet and buried under someone's chest, he didn't know who; he just can't see what's in front of him anymore. The screams died down and were replaced by sobs. It was loud and clear; everyone is sobbing hard. Leeteuk, surprisingly didn't bawl. He just cried silently on the side and seemed to be whispering something to Heechul. Heechul stared at Leeteuk and hugged him afterward. Kyuhyun finally pulled himself together and took the chance to hug every member and thanked them for coming. After taking photos with fans, they all went in the SUVs and head back. Kyuhyun wanted to ask what is happening but he was asked to keep quiet. 10 minutes later, they arrived at an empty restaurant. Apparently, SJ members have had the whole place reserved for Kyuhyun. 

It was a lot to take in. Kyuhyun was speechless. He had surprises one after another. He just couldn't speak right now. All he was thinking is that - "How the hell?"

Heechul laughed and laughed. "Everyone was so into their characters in the group chat yesterday I couldn't wait to see your dissappointed face!" Then Leeteuk explained, "Everyone lied. Everyone cleared up their schedule for you, Kyuhyun-ah. Congratulations!" It was an emotional moment. Kyuhyun was very esctatic. Then after everything had settled down, Kyuhyun whipped out his journal and showed everyone the calendar that has a mark on the November 6th, 2020. 

“Hyungs, our 15th anniversary is next year what should we do?”

 

 

Hi guys!

 

I hope you will like this story. And I will apologize in advance if I/we can't update that often since I also had help from my friends in order for this story to be alive. 

~Marie