The signs as seasons

SongKim Zodiac-inspired One-shots

Aries: Summer// sneaking out to parties, bonfires on the beach after dark, worn sneakers and messy ponytails, crimson sunsets and hazy air

Libra: Summer// mixed cocktails, ocean waves, amusement parks, crop tops

--------------------------------

The two males sleep soundly next to each other, their breathing almost synchronized. Even the midday sunlight blaring at them from the small window and the gentle rocking of the cruise ship on the ocean waves couldn’t wake them up. Jinwoo is almost lying on Mino, his head on the younger guy’s chest, an arm draped across his waist, and one leg all over the other’s thighs. He is light though, and they’ve slept together like this so many times before, so Mino doesn’t mind. He has an arm over the smaller boy’s back, and the other one over his shoulders, like he’s hugging a big pillow. The only thing that kept them warm was a flannel jacket draped over the middle part of their bodies, although it wasn’t exactly necessary because of the sultry summer heat. The polaroids from the night before were strewn around their bed, along with a bottle of whiskey, their bags and blazers, and Mino’s favourite worn-out Chuck Taylors. Jinwoo had went to sleep with his shoes on, but the owner of the room they were currently sleeping in had took them off without his knowing, and they now lay beside Mino’s. The air was a little humid and the sea breeze gave it a lingering salty scent. Other than the squawks of seagulls in the distance, everything was at peace around them. But not for long.

“You guys need to wake up,” Kwon Jiyong calls out to the couple as he enters his room. This causes them to stir awake, squinting their eyes at the sunlight. “The ship’s about to leave soon. In, like, two hours or so.” He saunters to his closet and grabs a Chanel belt to wear on his designer jeans. “Oh, and there’s aspirin in the medicine cabinet, by the way.” With that, he walks out the door, leaving two groaning, hung-over individuals on his bed.

“What happened last night?” Jinwoo drabbles out lazily, massaging the side of his head as he sits up.

“I don’t know man,” Mino replies in the same manner. He props himself up with one arm and ruffles his hair in an attempt to shake some alertness into his brain. Slowly, though, memories of last night trickle into their heads one by one. “Last thing I remember is that we snuck into this party. Here, in this cruise ship.”

Jinwoo stands to get the aspirin and a glass of water for both of them, stumbling a little because of the rocking boat. “Oh yeah, now I remember.” He recalls that they’re currently in Guam, and when they found out that GD’s private cruise ship was making a stop here and hosting a party, Mino immediately proposed to sneak into the party.

“I mean, we are his labelmates, right?” he told them that afternoon as they were resting up in their hotel room. “We can totally use that as an excuse to get in.” His signature sly and mischievous grin crossed his face, and Jinwoo couldn’t help but be drawn to it.

“I’m in,” Jinwoo said with no hesitation.

“But we weren’t invited because he knew we’re still filming something here,” Seungyoon said. “And our managers and producers are gonna flip when we suddenly disappear.” Despite his worried comments though, the other members weren’t fazed.

“Aww c’mon man, live a little!” Seunghoon told him with a smack to his back. “I know you wanna go, too, so stop sweating about the details.” The goofy, carefree grin he gave Seungyoon was soon reciprocated after the latter pondered on it for, like, a whole minute. Everyone was in.

It wasn’t that hard to escape. They just asked to film in a really crowded place and acted like they were seriously filming, all while walking faster and faster. Eventually, they managed to lose even their managers and they met at the rendezvous, which was the port.

“The party was really great though,” Mino says after they both pop their aspirins into their mouths. Jinwoo nods in agreement, and instantly regrets it because of the abrupt migraine sent to his head.

The sky was tinged in a beautiful deep crimson when they got to the ship. Of course, the security was tight. There were four guards flanking the entrance, and they all looked like they mean business. But soon as Winner introduced themselves to them, they were allowed inside, no questions asked. The hard part was staying out of GD’s sight, because he might actually get pissed that they crashed his party. But thankfully, there were a lot of people on board, all esteemed guests of GD, so it was easy enough to blend in. But first, they had to change into more formal wear, which they packed in their backpacks. They immediately made their way to the nearest bathroom, almost getting caught along the way because one guest had to talk to Mino. Fortunately, the other guests kept GD busy as well, so they were able to don on their disguises and blend into the crowd.

They went to get drinks first, and they decided to get mixed cocktails. After downing a few, the four members made their way to the dance floor. At first, they were wary of GD as they danced, but soon enough, they were having too much fun and getting completely lost in the festivity of it all to even care. Sure enough, when they were getting a little too loud, GD easily spotted them.

“Hey, what are you guys doing here?” GD asked as he stepped close to the group that was banging their heads to the beat. Immediately, they all straightened up and their faces completely gave away how appalled they were. Tongue tied in shock and fear, none of them could answer him, and this made GD double over in laughter. “What’s with those faces? Pfff—“ he said between chuckles.

“I, well, we—we weren’t invited and uh,” Seungyoon managed to stammer out. But GD clasped him on the shoulder with a blithe smile.

“Naw, it’s all good, man,” he told them. “You guys need some fun once in a while. Go ahead and enjoy the night, all right?” He patted Seungyoon’s shoulder and walked away coolly, and the boys simultaneously let out a relieved sigh. Then they looked at each other and burst into laughter at how silly they’ve been to be worried about their sunbae.

“Well you heard him. Let’s have some fuuun!” Seunghoon yelled and they all responded with hoots and cheers, dancing and drinking through the night.

A low grumble from their stomachs breaks the silence between Mino and Jinwoo, making them giggle.

“We need to eat,” Jinwoo says, looking at his watch. “It’s noon already.”

“You think GD-sunbaenim has food in here?” asks Mino.

Jinwoo gives him a shrug. “Probably. I mean, this is the VIP room.” As if in agreement, they both get up from the bed and make their way to the room’s fridge. When they open it, Jinwoo’s theory was proven right. There were tons of instant ramyun stocked inside, along with some chocolate bars, chips cookies, sodas, and bottles of water.

“You think he’d mind if we ate some of these?” queries Jinwoo.

“Well, he let us crash his party and even let us sleep in his room, on his bed. I’m pretty sure we could eat some of these at this point.” With roguish smirks, they grab one of each item in the fridge for each of them. They get the water heater running to cook the noodles and while waiting, they munch on the cookies and chips and take big gulps of water.

“Oh yeah, where are the others?” Jinwoo asks, and they both straighten up as a sudden realization sinks in. They haven’t found them at all since last night.

Mino and Jinwoo lost sight of their companions as the night wore on. Ever since the first slow dance of the night, they’ve only been engrossed in each other, soaking up every moment together and making up for all the missed dates because of their busy schedules. They spent the rest of the night in their own little world, incredibly in love and incredibly happy. Which is why they didn’t notice at all when the two Seungs have wandered away from their side. After emptying a bottle of whiskey some time that night, GD had sat beside them in the bar. He asked for a glass of the finest wine on the ship, then turned his attention to the drunk couple. They merely greeted him with slurred voices, then they resumed to talking to each other, until all the talking and the staring turned to making out. The sight amused GD so much that he decided to be generous tonight.

“Here, get yourselves in a room,” he said as he slid the keys to his room toward them. The keys made a loud scraping sound, enough to snap two very drunk males from their kissing session. In their intoxicated state, they couldn’t even process humility anymore, so they just take the keys with grateful smiles and stumble out the bar after muttering a “Thanks” to the legendary singer.

Because they were literally too drunk to even think, they just asked a ship staff where GD’s room was and he promptly led them to it. He had to assist them in walking at least three times along the way, though, and it didn’t help that they kept taking polaroid pictures as they walked. When they finally made it inside, the ship staff having aged ten years after the whole ordeal, they immediately plopped into the bed. They made out some more and were just about to take it to the next level, but they were a little too drunk to do so. So they just fell asleep like that, bodies entangled and their lips on each other.

And that’s the last thing they could remember from last night. They both grab their phones to contact the members and realize that they had at least 30 missed calls. All form Seungyoon, Seunghoon, their managers, and the producers, but most of them from Seungyoon. They both gulp in dread and stare at each other. As if reading the other’s thoughts—that they do not want to call back Seungyoon but one of them has to—they immediately start a race-to-three game of rock-paper-scissors.

“Ha! I win!” Mino whoops in joy after countering Jinwoo’s paper with scissors. Jinwoo lets out a groan before dialing Seungyoon’s number.

“Hyung, where are you and Mino?” Seungyoon says right after answering, his voice steady and cool—and downright scary.

Jinwoo knew there is no point in lying when Seungyoon is like this, so he just says the truth. “We’re, uh, we’re still at the ship. But don’t worry!” he immediately continues, fearing what Seungyoon would say if he didn’t. “We’re on our way out right now! Are you guys at the hotel?”

“Yes,” was Yoon’s simple reply.

“Okay, okay. We’ll be there immediately.” He swiftly ends the call and heaves out a huge breath. Mino didn’t even need to know what Seungyoon said, seeing Jinwoo’s reaction. All he knows is that they need to get there, like, right now. They hurriedly consume the ramyun, pack the snacks and their belongings in their bags, put on shoes, and hustle out the room. As they made their way to the exit, they briefly look at the now-vacant deck of the ship, the beautiful view of the bright blue ocean behind it. They make sure to remember this, and the time of their life they had last night. And they better thank GD later and generously repay him for this. He really is a legend, in more ways than one.

A/N: I’m back! Sorry this took so long. Again. Anyway, yeah, GD made an appearance here because his new album was lit!! And yeah, I just wanted to write a fun chapter after the sad previous one. I love SongKim just being happy in each other’s company ^^ Anyway, I hope this was an okay chapter/oneshot, and I hope this was worth the read. :)