Birthday Oneshot for Jinwoo~

SongKim Zodiac-inspired One-shots

(A/N: I used a bunch of zodiac text posts for this)

A Libra on their birthday: Arranges a party and invites all their friends

How a Libra reacts on their birthday: I really wish everyone would hand make me something so I could keep it forever!

+

An Aries at a birthday party: Buys a gift card as their present; gets too excited and accidentally breaks things

-------------------------------------------------------

Mino stares wide-eyed at his watch. 6:43 pm. Just 17 minutes left before Jinwoo’s birthday party. Panic settles in as he sits in their company’s car, which has been stuck in traffic literally the moment they hit the road. He’d been helping out with whatever his boyfriend needed for his birthday the whole day that he completely forgot to get him a birthday present until just 8 minutes ago.

“Why the hell are there even so many people going to the malls right now? It’s not even Christmas yet,” Mino grumbles in anxious annoyance.

“Sorry about this,” the driver replies to him.

“No, no. It’s okay, it’s not your fault.” As his eyes dart back and forth at the unmoving vehicles in front of them, Mino decides that going back to their house now would be their best chance at getting there on time. He’d hate to be late to Jinwoo’s birthday party.

But I still don’t have a gift, dammit! Mino shouts at himself inwardly. He racks his brain long and hard for something, anything, that he could give to Jinwoo. But it shouldn’t just be anything—it has to be as special as the recipient.

Mino tells the driver to go back, and as they hit a U-turn, one of Mino’s doodling pens roll out of his manager’s backpack. It bumps to a stop next to Mino’s thigh, catching his attention. His face lights up as an idea hits him. He searches the backpack and is elated to find a lot of his doodling pens there, plus a bunch of that special paper they used in a fansign a while back. As Mino works on his gift on the ride back, he could only hope that Jinwoo won’t be too upset about it.

----------------------------------------

Mino arrives just as the first guests do, and he ushers them in to their group’s humble abode. Which, right now, doesn’t really look that humble because Jinwoo has spent basically all week making it as presentable as he could for his friends. And just as Mino enters, Jinwoo steps out of his room to greet his friends, looking more breath-taking than he usually is. He was just wearing a simple white shirt and black ripped jeans, his hair styled the carefree way it was when they filmed their two latest MVs, but there was something about him tonight that managed to knock the wind out of Mino. Maybe it was the soft sparkle of his beautiful brown eyes upon seeing his friends, or the way his smile looks more free and genuine tonight, making his deep dimple show. Whatever it is, this birthday sure knows how to impress.

“Mino, come over here,” Jinwoo calls to him sweetly, and it takes Mino a few seconds to respond, struck by the guy’s beauty all over again when their eyes locked. Unable to resist, Mino places an arm around Jinwoo’s waist as soon as he reaches his side. He notices Jinwoo’s friends smile wider at the action, probably noting how sweet that was and planning to tease Jinwoo about it later. He’s already met almost all of Jinwoo’s friends before, so no introductions were needed. They only talked for a few minutes, but Mino felt like it was taking forever. For some reason, he wanted to tell Jinwoo how handsome he is so badly like never before. Well, their designated visual probably knows that already, but Mino still desperately wanted to tell him anyway. So as soon as Jinwoo’s friends went over to the snack bar, Mino didn’t hesitate.

“You look great tonight,” he says to Jinwoo as he cups his face in his hands and kisses the top of his head, resisting the urge to stay there and breathe the familiar scent of his shampoo.

Jinwoo giggles. “And you’re awfully sweet today,” he says to him.

“Of course. Nothing less for the birthday boy.” Mino flashes him the sweetest smile he could muster, and Jinwoo reciprocates it with his brightest grin.

I’ll never get tired of seeing this, Mino thinks to himself.

---------------------------------------

Soon enough, all the guests arrive and Seungyoon starts the party up with only the best music. Seunghoon busies himself with talking to everyone and making sure they’re all comfortable and having fun. And Mino makes rounds with Jinwoo to talk and catch up with all his friends, all the while having fun themselves. It takes only a matter of time for Mino to get totally hyped up, and he’s once again touched by Jinwoo going along with him and his eccentricities. After some time, Jinwoo’s birthday cake arrives and everyone gathers around him.

“Speech! Speech! Speech!” they all chant, making Jinwoo blush and giggle.

“Yeah! Speech!” Mino joins in the chanting, all the while clinking his wine glass with a fork. But being too excited (and intoxicated), he doesn’t notice how hard he’s hitting the glass and ends up breaking it. Immediately, all the noise dies down and all eyes are on him.

Jinwoo is the first to break the silence with a guffaw. It is instantly followed by everyone else’s laughter. Even Mino laughs too, eventually, both embarrassed and proud of himself to have made his boyfriend laugh this hard.

“I did that on purpose,” he jokes, sending more ripples of laughter across the room. “And now that I have your attention, Jinwoo, take it away!” He makes a grand gesture towards Jinwoo, who is now more at ease after his little accident.

“Thank you all for coming tonight,” he starts. “I know you’re all probably busy so your presence here means a lot. I’d also like to thank my fellow members for helping me make this party possible.”

“You owe us a feast!” Seunghoon shouts from the back, and it causes some chuckles, one of which is from Jinwoo.

“Yeah, I’ll save up for that. Anyway, I’ll keep it short. I’m just thankful to be alive. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!” Jinwoo ends enthusiastically, and everyone else responds with a loud cheer and applause. He closes his eyes to make a wish, then blows out the candles on his cake. Once again, the crowd erupts to clapping and hooting, and the party immediately resumes, thanks to DJ Seungyoon.

The party wears on through the night until it eventually dies down as the guests head home one by one. Mino sighs at the sight of all the mess they still have to clean up before they can hit the bed and doze off ‘til noon. The other members react the same, and they decide to just get to it immediately. The sooner they start, the sooner they’re done. When they finally finish cleaning, they collectively heave out a long, tired sigh. But Jinwoo still smiles at them playfully as he gathers them all up to a bear hug.

“Thank you so much for today guys!” he exclaims, and they all return the hug around him.

“Yeah, yeah. But we really need to get to bed now. I can barely keep my eyes open,” Seungyoon says, making his point with a long yawn. They break apart and the two Seungs go off to their rooms, but not without smiling at the birthday boy and ruffling his hair while bidding him and Mino good night. Jinwoo grabs all his gifts from the coffee table and takes Mino’s hand, leading him to his room.

“No sleeping for you yet. We’re opening my gifts together,” Jinwoo says mischievously as they sprawl out the gifts on his bed, and all Mino could do is smile at how happy his boyfriend is. Then with a start, Mino remembers that he hasn’t given his gift to Jinwoo yet.

“Wait!” he tells him, and he rushes to his jacket to retrieve the simple, hand-made gift card he made earlier. “I have a present for you,” Mino says as he approaches the bed, the card hiding behind his back. Hesitantly, he shows him the gift card for 4 free kisses from him, carefully watching Jinwoo’s expression. “I know it’s really stupid and not that much. I forgot I didn’t have a gift for you yet and I couldn’t get to the mall in time. Sorry.” Mino was ready for a disappointed glare, but he did not expect a delighted giggle to escape from Jinwoo as he takes the card.

“This is great, Mino!” the older boy remarks as he traces the carefully-penned words and designs with his finger. Then, he looks up and notes the shock and confusion in Mino’s face. He tilts his head and smiles as he takes Mino’s hand. “Hey…” He locks eyes with the rapper, making him sit down across him on his bed. “Were you actually worried I wouldn’t like this?”

Mino nods in response, a slight sadness crossing his eyes. This makes Jinwoo caress his face and touch their foreheads together.

“Well you don’t need to worry, because I love it.” He looks at Mino with all the genuinity his eyes could express. “This is exactly what I wanted. There is nothing I want more than you. And you know what, I’m going to keep this until the day I die.” He leans in, closing the distance between their lips.

Mino finally relaxes in relief, and he smiles coyly when they break apart. “So, would you like to use the gift card now?”

Jinwoo returns his elvish smile. “I hope the one just now doesn’t count.”

“Of course not.” Mino takes Jinwoo’s face in his hands. “Four kisses for Kim Jinwoo, coming right up.” He brushes Jinwoo’s bangs away, and the first kiss goes to his forehead. The second and third ones go to the left and right side of his neck. Finally, he holds Jinwoo’s gaze really long before slowly leaning in. Jinwoo’s eyes flutter shut, expecting Mino’s lips to land on his, but they instead land on his cheek. Mino chuckles playfully as Jinwoo laughs at him in disbelief.

“Hey! That wasn’t fair!” Jinwoo mockingly complains, and they both snicker. Then Jinwoo holds Mino down by both sides of his hips and with a coaxing, sweet voice, says, “Can I please have one more?”

Mino pretends to think about it for a moment, and replies, “Hmmm. Okay but this is a limited time offer, only available for the next five seconds.” Jinwoo smiles from ear to ear as he immediately meets Mino’s lips with his for a long, passionate kiss. He lets out a satisfied moan a few seconds before they stop.

“Thank you,” Jinwoo says with a warm gaze and the happiest smile he’s had on his face for a long time.

“My pleasure,” replies Mino, his heart soaring at how this day has been perfect for his perfect boyfriend. And he honestly couldn’t ask for more.

------------------------------------

(A/N: I'm super sorry if this TT I've just been having the worst case of writer's block lately and I really tried my best to overcome it just for Jinwoo's birthday. Well, anyway, HAPPY BIRTHDAY KIM JINWOO!! I wish you all the best in the world. Lots of love! <3)