The signs on their first date

SongKim Zodiac-inspired One-shots

Aries: so nervous before the date but once they're there, they realize it's not so bad and have a ton of fun; tries too hard to impress them

Libra: so flirty and so cute, go out of their way to be nice to their date; flirts heavily and lets their date know they like them

-------------------------

"Dude, calm down. You look fine,"Seunghoon says for the nth time as he watches Mino  nervously checking his clothes in the mirror. "What are you even worried about? This is technically not your first time going out together."

"Yeah, but this is different, Hoon," Mino replies, plopping down on his bed next to his fellow rapper. "This time, it's under the context of a date, and it's our first one since coming out about our relationship. I want this to be perfect."

Seunghoon slings an arm over Mino's shoulders, a knowing look in his eyes. "Don't worry, it will be. Jinwoo appreciates and enjoys your company no matter what. You, of all people, should know that." Seunghoon flashes him a carefree smile, and Mino relaxes somewhat, knowing his friend is right.

"You know, you can be pretty inspiring sometimes," Mino says with a chuckle. It earns him a playful punch on the arm from Seunghoon.

"Hey, don't push it. Now get going. You wouldn't want to keep him waiting." He swoons teasingly at Mino, who pushes him into the bed with a grin before going out.

-------------------------

Cracking his knuckles, Mino waits in a corner of Jinwoo's favorite cafe downtown. The doors swing open, and Jinwoo rushes in. He finds Mino and locks eyes with him instantly, smiling that toothy grin that Mino still has trouble getting used to. Despite the cold spring breeze outside that has left Jinwoo's soft hair in a fluffy mess, his eyes looked so warm.

"Sorry I'm late," Jinwoo says as he sits across the other reason for his reddened cheeks besides the cold wind.

"Nah, it's okay. Seungyoon being nitpicky again?"

"Like you would not believe." They both let out a laugh. "But it's all good." Mino smiles, and Jinwoo can't help but note how dashing he looks today. He always looks good, but today, he looks a lot softer with his hair styled down and his clothes suiting the calm, cozy aura of the cafe.

"You look handsome," Jinwoo doesn't hesitate to tell him.

Mino instantly feels a rush, like he is being rewarded for all that time checking himself in the mirror. "Thanks. You too."

"Come on, let's go order something."

As they wait in line, Jinwoo slips his hand into Mino's. He thought he would back away, because Mino usually needs space in public, but he holds Jinwoo's hand and it instantly feels like it's just them in the world today. No media, no articles, no CEO's, no judgy homophobes. Just them.

Mino is smitten by how Jinwoo knows exactly what he would want, not that he expected otherwise though. 

"Can I have your names?" the barista asks.

"Jinwoo," Mino says with a playful grin, which Jinwoo reciprocates.

"Mino," Jinwoo tells the barista, and they both break into a snicker. They go back to their table once they have their orders and paid for them. Jinwoo snaps a picture of their coffee cups, with their names interchanged on them, and Mino takes a picture of Jinwoo while doing so.

"Should we upload these?" Jinwoo asks his boyfriend.

"Why not?" Mino says, reaching for Jinwoo's hand. They both exchange pleased smiles as they upload their first date pictures at the same time.

After a few more minutes of bonding over their favorite coffee, Mino says, "Ready for the next part?"

"There's a next part? Nice," Jinwoo says. Mino slides two tickets to the beach-side amusement park across the table and watches Jinwoo's face light up in excitement.

"I've always wanted to go here!" Jinwoo exclaims.

"Well, now you can. Come on!" says Mino as he gets up, Jinwoo tagging behind him.

-------------------------

As Mino and Jinwoo sit on a bench eating cotton candy after an afternoon of rides and games, they can't help but think that this date has been nothing but perfect. Seunghoon was right about Jinwoo, Mino concluded, because even when they were just waiting in line or pushing through a crowd, Jinwoo's laugh was easy as always, his smiles bright, and his eyes filled with happiness. And much to Jinwoo's pleasure, Mino reciprocated that. For the first time in public, Mino didn't back away from Jinwoo's flirting, which happened a lot today. He usually does so because he doesn't want his secretly-clingy side to show, but apparently, today is an exception. And Jinwoo couldn't ask for more.

But he can give more. He waits for the sun to set before he finishes his cotton candy.

Upon seeing that he's finished, Mino says, "It's getting dark. Shall we head home?"

Jinwoo grins mischievously. "I don't think so." He grabs Mino by the hand and leads him toward the far east side of the beach.

"Oh? Where are we going?"

"You'll see." Jinwoo gives him a wink as they approach an area covered by huge boulders. A pile of wood comes into view, then a picnic basket sitting on a laid-out blanket.

"No way. A beach bonfire?"Mino exclaims in pleased surprise.

"I know you love surprises. And beaches. And bonfires. So why not?"

"Please tell me we have s'mores."

"A whole basket of them. And some sandwiches too because we haven't had dinner yet." Unable to contain his happiness at this amazing thing his boyfriend has done, Mino lifts Jinwoo from the ground and spins him around before cupping his face and kissing him with an urgent passion.

"I don't know how you found the time to do this and kept it hidden from me, but you're literally the best boyfriend ever." Mino plants another kiss on Jinwoo's lips.

"I love you too," Jinwoo replies, and they give each other a few more smooches before proceeding to light up the bonfire and roast some s'mores.

-----------------------

The two lay beside each other on the blanket, stomachs filled with s'mores and sandwiches, and hearts filled with contentment. They gaze up at the star-lit sky, Jinwoo's head on Mino's chest and arms wrapped around each other. The air grew cold as the night deepened, but they felt safe and warm with just a dying bonfire and each other. Unable to find words for the immense happiness they are feeling, they just look into each other's eyes and they find everything there-- the love, acceptance, and bliss that they had once thought was no longer in their reach. They draw each other into a slow, passionate kiss. It was unlike any of the slow sensual kisses they've had before. This felt like the floodgates of their hearts being opened up, the love they have for each other just overflowing and translating into the movement of their lips against each other. It was liberating, breath-taking, purifying.

When they finally break apart, neither one could say a word and they just spend ten whole minutes looking at each other then back up at the stars. Soon enough, when the whirlwind of emotions inside them have calmed down, Mino feels the waves of the sea calling to him.

"You know what would be a perfect end to this night?" Mino says with his daredevil grin as he strips off his shirt.

"I knew you'd think of doing this," Jinwoo replies as he follows suit.

"You sure you're down for this? We don't have a car, you know, and we'd have to walk home. In this cold night. With wet clothes."

Jinwoo holds Mino's hand as he smirks playfully at him. "You know I'm always down for anything as long as it's with you." He leans in for a quick kiss, but just as their lips are about to touch, Jinwoo dashes off to the shore with a cackle.

"Ah, you cheater! Getting a head start like that!" He goes after Jinwoo and jumps into the water after him. Mino splashes the ice-cold water at him as 'punishment' for his trickery, and Jinwoo fights back.

"It's...r-really...c-cold!" Jinwoo says between laughter and jittering teeth. Mino does the same, apparently not hearing him because he feels like his brain has completely frozen. They stop their mini water war and pull their shivering bodies into an embrace. Their lips meet, warming them for a short while before it's freezing cold again.

"This w-was...real nice..but I t-think we need t-to get out now..." Mino says, grabbing his boyfriend's cold hands and leading him back to the shore. They hurriedly put their shirts back on, wrap the blanket around them, and pick up the picnic basket, making their way home as fast as their freezing feet could take them.

"I regret nothing!" Jinwoo screams as a strong breeze hits them right in their faces, sending huge shudders through their bodies.

"Good to know we're on the same page," Mino replies, and they laugh all the way home, thinking how their fellow members will react to this.

------------------------------

Seungyoon opens the door to reveal his two missing hyungs, soaking wet and shivering at their doorstep in the middle of the night.

"You know what, I'm not even gonna ask," he says as he steps aside for them to enter. "Seunghoon and I were having movie night, so I made some hot chocolate. Would you like some?"

"Yes please!" Mino and Jinwoo answer in unison, rushing to their rooms to change.

"Okay. I'll prepare it while you guys change." A few minutes later, the duo step into the kitchen in their jammies, gladly accepting the hot chocolate from Seungyoon.

"Hey guys, c'mere and join us!" Seunghoon beckons to them from the living room. He pats the empty couch next to his. "I'm about to start the third movie for the night!"

Mino and Jinwoo huddle up on the couch, wrapping a thick blanket around them and keeping as close as possible. They watch the movie as they gratefully sip the warm chocolate milk, but when it runs out, they find it harder to focus on the movie. They end up smothering each other in soft, lazy kisses, hand in hand, toes over toes. Soon, their eyes droop until they fall asleep in each other's arms, warm with happiness, contentment, and love.

----------------------

Seunghoon only notices that he's the only one awake when he turns off the TV as the credits roll. On one couch sleeps the two resident lovebirds, looking happy even in their sleep. The date must've really gone well, huh? Seunghoon thought. In the other sleeps Seungyoon, exhausted from a day of recording. He smiles lovingly at the members that have become family to him before getting up and going to his room to fetch his pillow. He also brings an extra blanket to drape over Seungyoon. Returning to his couch, he lies in an uncomfortable position and gets ready to sleep. Honestly, he could have slept in his room, but where's the fun in that?