Part 5 - Final

Say You Won't Let Go /Before I Let You Go
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 Part 5 Final Chapter

-Jessica’s POV-

 

“I…promise.” Yoona whispered, but I can hear the hesitation in her voice. 

 

“Are you sure?” I asked, lifting my head up from her shoulder, looking at her straight in the eye, but she averted my gaze.

 

“Yoongie?” I whispered, and I noticed a lone tear escape.

 

“Jessica…I’m…I’m sorry.” She whispered, cupping my face wiping the tears that had already fallen.

 

“Yoongie why are you sorry…I…”

 

“I’m sorry but I can’t keep my promise.” She cried, “I’m sorry…I’m sorry. I thought that you would be happier without me, so I left…and while I was gone I think I may have fallen for someone else.” She confessed. 

 

I wonder…if this breaking feeling in my chest is what Yoona felt all those years ago when I left her. I didn't know…that I hurt her this much. Now…is it my turn to give her what she deserves, even if it’s not with me? Can I let her go, like what I had unexpectedly forced her to do to me?

 

No, I can’t…no matter what, I can’t let her go. It’s selfish of me but…she’s my light even though I may not be her light anymore. 

 

“No Yoongie that’s not true.. It’s not, your lying to me. You can’t…You can’t….”

“NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!” I woke up feeling my body shaking. I looked around the room and saw that it was empty. 

 

“Yoongie?” I called out to her, but I got no response. Feeling my worst nightmare was true, I jumped out of bed and ran to our closet. 

 

I breathed a sigh of relief when I saw her luggage and belongings still there. 

 

“Where are you?” I asked no one in particular, but the lightbulb in my head went off and I knew exactly where to go.

 

It didn’t take long to find my hubby in our garden, star gazing, whenever she can’t sleep. 

 

“Yoong?” I called out to her.

 

“Wifey what are you doing out here?” She dashed towards me, wrapping the blanket she had with her around my shoulders, “It’s cold, you might get sick.” She scolded me with a smile, but that smile soon turned into a frown when she noticed the tears streaming down my face.

 

“Hey what’s wrong? Why are you crying?” She asked wiping my tears away and pulling me in for a tight hug.

 

“Yoongie you love me right? Only me? You won’t leave me for someone else right? You…you don’t feel anything for your friend right?” I asked her.

 

“Wifey did you have a bad dream?” She asked and I nodded my head.

 

“Aigoo our Jessica Im dreamt that her Im Yoongie left her huh.” She hugged me tight again and I nodded yes on her shoulder.

 

“Your so cute Sica-ah…of course I won’t love anyone else but you. I vowed to love you in sickness and in health till death do us part. And even though death tried to pull us apart, this heart of mine is too in love with a certain Jessica Im that it won’t let anyone else in. I told you Tiffany is just a friend. Please believe and trust me okay? I love you my Jessica Im more than my life, I would do anything just to keep that smile on your face.” Yoona smiled, placing a lingering kiss on my forehead. 

 

“C’mon let’s get inside it’s cold out here you might get sick.” She smiled, pulling me in for a back hug.

 

“What are you doing?” I asked, trying to sound annoyed but totally failing.

 

“Back hugging my favorite girl in the world. C’mon let’s head in like this.” 

 

“Mmmhmm let’s head back.”

 

When we got back inside, Yoona and I cuddled in bed together and talked about everything that’s happened. 

“My wifey…do you know how many nights I’ve dreamt of this ever since that day? I’ve dreamt of having you in my arms like this again as if it was the 1st time I’ve held you. I love you my only one. So please don’t worry and don’t think about saddening thoughts, because this deer of yours won’t never ever everrrrr let you go.” 

 

“Tsk cheesy Hubby.” I beamed, silently thanking the heavens for blessing me with Im Yoona. 

 

“I promise to make up for all our lost time Yoongie. I love you so so so so so so so so much.”

 

“I know, because I love you more. Now let’s sleep. I’m already excited because I want Christmas to get here so I can tell everyone that my wifey is here.” Yoona chuckled before pulling me closer besides her. 

 

-Yoona’s POV-

 

In a blink of an eye, time passed and it’s finally almost Christmas Eve. Today was suppose to be the start of a great holiday season, but a certain cat is sulky.

 

“Do you really have to go there with her.” My wife emphasized.

 

“Jess we already talked about this. I had already promised Fany that I’d take her last minute shopping for gifts and you already agreed to let me go with her.” I tried to reason out.

 

“I know I know but still~~~ it’s like you’re going on a date with another. You two are going to go shopping together, eat delicious food together, then you’re going to be you and be perfect and then…omo no no no. Absolutely not. You are staying here.” Jessica went off in her own little fantasy world making me slightly chuckle.

 

“Hon really sometimes you’re imagination is amazing. Have you thought about switching careers and becoming a novelist instead?” I teased, only to earn a smack on the shoulder by my oh so caring wifey. 

 

“That's not my imagination that’s the truth. Obviously you would eat because shopping makes you tired.” She sulked.

 

“Aigoo, what can I do for you to change your mind on this? Hmmm will it help if I told you that I’m only accompanying her because she can’t ask Taeyeon to do it?” I playfully grinned.

 

“Why? Wait don't tell me…Really? Heol daebak. Really I didn’t see that coming…hmm I guess when we all hang out they are always glued together. Aigoo why didn’t I see it before. Tch that midget didn't even tell us.” Jessica began ranting again.

 

“So? Can I go now? Fany is already waiting for me.” I interrupted her rant.

 

“Huh? Oh..hmmm well I guess. But don’t be too close and don’t flirt with others, also text me every hour.” She listed off her rules and I chuckled at how cute she’s being right now.

 

“Okay okay I got it boss." I playfully replied with a salute. 

 

“Just go before I change my mind.” She said, and I nodded my head and gave her a chaste kiss before leaving our place. 

 

It didn’t take long for me to reach the mall, but I was still late, and I hate being late.

 

“Fany-ah I’m sorry I’m late.” I apologized.

 

“It’s okay Yoong, I have a feeling your wifey almost didn’t let you go?” She chuckled while I nodded my head yes. 

 

“I told you to bring her with us, but you’re the one that wanted ‘alone time’.” Tiffany said with air quotes around alone time. 

 

“Ah you caught me.” I teased.

 

“Of course you idiot, you’re too easy to read.” She replied.

 

“Am I?” 

 

“Mhm, now lets go. I’ll interrogate you later choding right now I have mission and you need to help me.” Tiffany smiled.

 

Hours passed and she’s still not done.

 

“Fany-ah~~ can we take a break? I’m hungry I whined.” 

 

“Ah, that’s right. Hehe sorry Yoong, let me just buy one more thing then we can eat and leave okay?” She negotiated.

 

“Okay call.” I relented, and followed like an obedient dog.

 

~~~~~

“Ahhhhh finally food.” I smiled when our meal arrived at the steakhouse Tiffany decided to eat at.

 

“Tch such a shikshin. Anyways, I had fun today Yoong, it has been a while since we last hung out like this. Now, tell me what you’re real intentions are in all this.” Tiffany cut straight to the chase after taking a few bites of her meal. 

 

“Seriously? Can I at least have a few more bites before cutting to the chase like that Fany-ah?” I whined, but Tiffany raised her brow and I knew I had to fess up.

 

“Okay okay. I just wanted to hang out, really that’s all there is to it." I smiled.

 

“Yoona…I’m okay really. I told you before right? Before we came back here my heart already moved on from what happened in New York. I’ve moved on Yoong, really this time I really have, I have accepted the fact that your heart will never be mine.” Tiffany smiled and I nodded my head feeling the guilt eat me up again.

 

“Fany-ah….I’m sorry. The truth is….I’m torn.” I confessed, and the girl in front of me had a shocked look.

 

“Yoong?”

 

“When we came here I already accepted that Jessica was no longer mine and well my heart was ready to give us a try, but then Jessica came back and my heart was torn. I thought that what I felt for you was friendly but I knew that a part of me felt more. I know that this is probably the last thing you want to hear especially now, but…you sneaked into my heart Fany-ah….and I don’t know what to do. I know that I sound like a horrible person right now, but it’s the truth.” I confessed. 

 

“What about your wife Yoong? You have a wife remember her? The one that you couldn’t get over. Why now? I just…Yoong you know about me and…”

 

“I know, I know that’s why I feel even worst. I wasn’t suppose to feel this way Fany-ah. I love Jessica so much, I know that I can’t live without her, but why is it that I also feel like I want you to be close to me? Why is it that a part of me breaks when I see you and Tae so happy together? Just why does this all have to happen now?!” I groaned, running my hand through my hair.

 

“Yoona….you know if you had told me this before we came here then maybe there would be an “us,” but I know that at the end of the day you would still choose to go home to her than be with me. Yoona what I’m trying to say is that maybe your confusing your feelings for me because a part of you is scared that she might realize that she no longer loves you the way she did before and that she’ll leave you again and choose him in the end, but that’s not true. The way that Jessica looks at you is so full of love and vice versa, I know because that’s how I used to look at you and that’s how I now look at my Taetae.” Tiffany reasoned.

 

Thinking about it…maybe Tiffany is right. I admit that when Jessica’s not around me my heart starts getting anxious, like I’ll lose her again…

 

“You know…sometimes I hate the fact that you studied psychology.” I eased the serious mood around us.

 

“Yeah well it helped clear your mind and heart right?” She chuckled.

 

“Mhm, thanks Fany-ah.” I smiled.

 

“No problem, Yoong. Oh…and I know that this will probably end up with you in the doghouse, but you should talk to Jessica about this feeling. If not, it might cause a bigger problem in the future.” Tiffany advised and I nodded my head.

 

“I don’t know about that….she might not react well…” I trailed off.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter