Part 3

Say You Won't Let Go /Before I Let You Go
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Part 3

 

In a blink of an eye, the dreaded BBQ comes. The gang decided to go there together to save us from having one person be awkward as the first to arrive. 

 

“Hey guys.” Sooyeon greeted us, and showed us in. The home that Sooyeon and her husband lived in is wow. No wonder she’s okay as an assistant because this house is just as big as the house that Jessica and I own. 

 

“Wow Sooyeon your house is great.” Taeyeon commented. 

 

“It’s nothing much, this is actually the home of my in-laws, we’re just staying here because it hasn’t been occupied ever since they moved to the states.” She smiled, leading us to the backyard.

 

“Anyways, guys this is my husband Tyler and Ty these are my friends, Taeyeon, Sunny, Hyoyeon, Yuri, Sooyoung, Seohyun, and of course Yoona.” Sooyeon introduced us to her husband. 

 

“Guys this is my husband Tyler, and our son Mason, who turns three in August.” Sooyeon beamed, while taking the boy, picking him up.

 

“Mama.” He chuckles cutely, before snuggling in Sooyeon’s hold.

 

“It’s a pleasure to meet you all, especially you Yoona-shi, I’ve hear a lot about you from Sooyeon here.” Tyler smiled, greeting each of us. 

 

“No need to be so formal with us.” I replied 

 

“Please do the same with me, now I’m sure you all are starving so the food is ready.” He smiled, before we headed towards the patio. 

 

Damn, this hurts. 

 

The BBQ was great, well the food at least. But watching Sooyeon be with a lovely family just kept breaking my heart. As the day turned into night, Sooyeon excused herself to put Mason to bed. The gang and I also decided that it was time to go as well

 

“Before you leave…Yoona can I speak with you?” Tyler asked as we were gathering our belongings. 

 

“Sure, what is it?” I asked

 

“I’m hoping in private.” 

 

“Go ahead Yoong, we’ll wait for you in the car.” Sooyoung said before I followed Tyler. 

 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

 

We entered a study, and Tyler shut the door behind him.

 

“Please take a seat.” He smiled. I followed his instructions trying to think of why he would want to talk to me alone.

 

“Yoona…” He began but trailed off, he did this numerous times until the light bulb in my head .

 

“Tyler…are you trying to tell me something that is perhaps related to your or should I say my wife?” I flat out asked him, and the shocked look on his face told me that I hit the bulls eye right on the mark. He bent his head down, unable to lift it up and look my in the eye. I could tell he had a lot of thoughts in his head so I waited for what he’s next move would be.

 

“I’m sorry. I’m so so sorry.” Was the first thing that came out of his mouth after we sat there in silence for 10 minutes.

 

“What happened? Why doesn’t she know me anymore? Why does she think her name is Sooyeon? Is…Is Mason really hers?” I barraged him with questions. Questions that I have longed answers for. 

 

“2 years ago, I was out on my boat, well on that day, there was a figure in the water. I felt alarmed and took my boat up towards it. I saw that it was a woman. She looked like she was dead, but when I got to her, she still had a pulse, although it was very faint. Quickly, I took her to shore and to my family’s hospital. It was there that she woke up, not knowing who she was.” He paused, looking at me, the look of regret in his eyes.

 

“At that time, my wife, my real wife Sooyeon, had just passed leaving me to take care of our son. And your wife resembled Sooyeon so much that…that..that I lied and told her that she was my wife. When those words slipped out of my mouth, I wanted to take them back, because I had already known who she really was, but I was a coward. Jessica reminded me so much of Sooyeon that my family agreed to go along with my lie. I know it is unethical of me to do so, but I couldn't help it. I told myself that after she was fully recovered that I would tell her the truth, but even though she became healthy again…I couldn’t tell her, because I have fallen in love with her. So, when she asked me to move to Seoul all of a sudden, I was terrified but I couldn’t tell her no, because she would question why. When we came here and ran into you at the street, I knew…I knew that it was sign that I need to bring her back to her rightful owner, but still I kept her at my side. But destiny is funny because it just so happened that you became her boss. Ever since she started working with you, she’s been more cheerful. I haven’t seen her this happy ever. A few weeks ago, I had asked her if she loved me. She gave me this funny look and said, ‘of course I love you silly, why else would I marry you if I didn’t?’ When she said that I felt confident that she really does love me, but recently she’s been having headaches. I think that bringing her here has stimulated her memories.” Tyler stopped talking, contemplating what he should tell me next.

 

“Can you give me a week?” I asked him, when he kept mum. I knew what he wanted to say, so I made a deal. His story answered all my questions and I’m thankful for what he did for her and I know he has a son that needs a mom, but…I… I need her to, even if it’s just for one week. 

 

“One week?” He asked looking confused. 

 

“I know what you are going to ask for and why. So just give me a week. One week to just be with her then…then I promise that I’ll let her go. But before I let her go, just please give me one week to be with my wife. I was a mess when I lost her, and now that she’s back I just want her in my arms again, but I’m also not stupid. Today…today I saw how happy she is with you and your son. Seeing that made me realize that maybe God took her from me, because someone else needed her more. That maybe it’s time that I learn to accept that. I’m not going to hide the fact that I tried to do things that would stimulate her to remember me, and I felt bad about that…but as long as she’s happy and as long as you are the reason that makes her happy, then I can try. I can try to let her go. So please, give me a week, 7 days and then I promise that I’ll let go.” I asked, trying hard to keep my emotions in check. 

 

“I…I…of course.” Tyler agreed looking at me with sadness and guilt. 

 

“Well…I will go now. I will find an excuse for why she has to be with me for a week.” I hastily got up, not able to hold my emotions any longer.

 

“Yoona” Tyler called me as I was about to reach the door.

 

“Thank you…and I’m sorry, I really am.” He said, I turned to him and gave him a nod before I shut the door.

 

“Oh Yoongie did you, hey what’s wrong?” Sooyeon, who I now can confirm is Jessica, stopped me as I was heading towards the door.

 

“Nothing.. I..I’m just tired that’s all.” I forced a smile.

 

“Okay, well let me walk you out to the car then.” She offered, but I shook my head no.

 

“It’s okay Sooyeon-ah, I can manage. Thank you for having us today. I will see you on Monday.” I smiled, before walking out the door and quickly getting into Sooyoung’s car.

 

“Yoong? Hey what’s wrong?” Sooyoung asked me, but I didn’t answer. Instead I let the tears that I was holding back fall.

Instead of driving me home, Sooyoung took me to Taeyeon’s house where the rest of our friends were.

 

“Why are you guys here?” I asked, my voice hoarse from crying.

 

“When Tyler asked to speak with you alone we had a guess at what it was about, so I suggested that we all wait at Taeng’s place for you and if you guys come here then our guess was right, if not then it’s wrong.” Sunny replied.

 

“Unnie what did he tell you?” Seohyun asked handing me a glass of water. I chugged the glass and told him everything tha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter