Part 1

Say You Won't Let Go /Before I Let You Go
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

People always tell me that I have the perfect life. I have the perfect job, the perfect friends, the perfect family, and the perfect wife, Jessica Im, formerly Jessica Jung. So I don’t disagree, but my life wasn’t always perfect. I went through many ups and downs to achieve this so-called “perfect” life, but what made my life truly perfect for me was when I met my wife. 

 

We actually met at a club when I spotted her from across the room. I was never one to approach someone first, but something about Jessica drew me in. We exchanged hellos, a few drinks, and dances. The night went on, but Jessica had a low alcohol tolerance, so near the end of the night she rushed to the bathroom with me following behind. I held Jessica’s hair back as she threw up, then she smiled over her shoulder, and for a minute I was stone-cold sober. It may not have been the most romantic spot in the world, but it was at that moment that I knew I loved her. 

 

Jessica was what made my life perfect. She was the missing piece, but God had other plans. It’s been 2 years now. 2 years since she disappeared. That day..that September day, that was the day that the light in my life went out. 

 

“Are you sure you have everything that you need?” I asked my wife as we waited for her flight to board. She was heading to New York to attend a business conference. I was suppose to go with her too, but a last minute emergency at the office came up.

 

“Yes for the 100th time yes Yoongie, jeez why are you being extra meticulous today” Jessica asked me.

 

“I don’t know, I just don’t like being apart from you. 2 hours is already too long for me, what more with 2 weeks?” I complained, pouting my lips. 

 

“Aigoo~ our Yoongie is going to miss her wifey.” She teased me, wrapping her arms around my neck.

 

“Of course I will, why aren’t you?” I complained.

 

“Yah! What kind of question is that?! Of course I’ll miss you.” She retorted, pulling me in for a chaste kiss.

 

“Flight 418 to New York City will soon begin boarding, all passengers please head to the boarding gate.” An announcement was made over head.

 

“Well that’s me.” Jessica smiled, cupping my face with her palm. 

 

“I’ll miss you Yoongie.” She smiled, kissing me again.

 

“I’ll miss you more, come back to me soon okay?” I smiled, and she nodded.

 

“I’ll be back before you know it. I love you and I’ll call when I reach.” She pulled me in for a tight hug

 

“I love you too. Now go, or else I might not let you leave.” I teased, pulling away from her hold. I watched as her back turned away from me, making her way towards the double doors that led to security. As the glass doors shut behind her, she turned around, smiled and gave me a wave. 

 

“I love you” She mouthed, before she turned back around and kept walking.

 

I remember the weather that day, it was sunny and bright, it was a cool fall day. But as the day went on the weather got worst. I was in the office working, I stayed later then usual before heading home. Once I reached our place, I did my usual nighttime routine, before quickly falling asleep….It was when I woke up that I learned that my entire world was taken away. 

 

“Good morning Je…” I stopped mid sentence, remembering that my wife was half way around the world.

 

“Why hasn’t she called me yet?” I frowned, before reaching for my phone, and seeing the dead screen.

 

“Aish, I forgot to charge it! Stupid Yoona, stupid, stupid, stupid.” I scolded myself, before quickly plugging my phone in. I let my phone charge and got up to do my morning routine, which usually takes about an hour. 

 

After I finished, I checked my phone and was surprised to see a plethora of messages and missed calls. I quickly opened my phone. I didn’t check the content of the messages, because her name wasn’t listed, but her name did say that she had called and left a message. Before I listened to her message, I tried calling her cell, but it went straight to voicemail.

 

“Sica-yah~~ I’m sorry that I missed your call, I forgot to plug my phone in last night. How was your flight? Call me when you get this. I love you and I miss you.” I left her a message, before listening to her message. 

 

“Yoongie? I…I…there’s something wrong with the plane, the pilot didn’t say what, but it doesn’t feel right Yoongie….the plane is shaking and the lights are flickering on and off. Can you even understand me with my oxygen mask on? Yoongie, I’m really scared right now, but still, if anything happens to me know that I love you. I love you so much Im Yoona, you are my..” but the message cut off, Jessica’s voice was muffled by the mask, but I understood her perfectly. I knew that she tried not to let me know that she was already in tears, but I knew that she was already crying with the tone of her voice.

 

If I only knew that, that day would be the last day that I saw her. If I only knew that something was going to happen on her flight, then I wouldn’t have let her go. If only I knew, then maybe she would still be here. 

 

“God…why did you take her from me. I need her…I still need her.” I cried, before blacking out. 

 

When I came to, I was in my room and my head was pounding. 

 

“You’re finally up.” Sooyoung, my cousin, looked at me with disappointment in her eyes.

 

“What happened?” I groaned, wanting this pounding sensation in my head to stop.

 

“Your stubborn got drunk again! Dammit Yoona, what do you think could have happened if I didn’t check on you yesterday?!” Sooyoung scolded me. 

 

“I’m sorry Soo..I just..I’m a mess.” I replied in frustration, running my hand through my hair. 

 

“You are a mess Yoong. Everyday you work yourself too hard, on the weekends you drink so much that you pass out. When will you stop Yoona? When?! I want my dorky childish cousin back, because as much as you miss her, I won’t let you kill yourself just so you can be with her. Plus, I don’t think Jessica would like seeing you in this condition.” Sooyoung replied and I kept mum. 

 

“I know and you're right. She would probably scold me to no end and pull my ear too.” I forced a chuckle. 

 

“Please Yoong, try…try to move on and accept the fact that she’s gone. I’m sure

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter