Progress

Blue Moon

Jooheon first met Changkyun when he was on his way to the library. 

It was just a coincidence. He was looking for a book about music and composing because he had been into them lately so he decided to study about it further. But then, he walked pass a boy who was sitting at the desk in a corner. He didn't usually pay any mind to strangers but the boy's face made Jooheon did a double take and turned around towards the boy's direction.

Jooheon couldn't process his brain when he saw the boy's face. It was too similar and identical with the one in his dreams. 

How is this even possible? I'm sure that's him, he thought.

Jooheon felt a bit cautious so he walked slowly towards the boy and stand in front of him.

"Excuse me, may I seat here?" Jooheon gestured towards the empty seat in front of the boy.

The boy looked up to him and stared for a while.

Jooheon waited nervously for his response.

"Yeah, sure" he said.

Jooheon smiled brightly and took a sit.

They stayed quite for a few minutes, doing their own things without minding each other.

Time past by but Jooheon couldn't resist the curiosity in him. He had to know about this boy and find out whether they were the same person.

"Hey," Jooheon whispered, trying not to catch the attention of the librarian.

The boy slowly looked at Jooheon and raised his left eyebrow, "Yes?"

"What's your name?" Jooheon asked after struggling to choose his question.

The boy only gave him a small smile and shook his head. Then, he closed the book he was reading and stood up.

"Huh? what-" Jooheon didn't get to finish his sentence as the boy already turned around and walked away.

"Wait, why did he suddenly leave?" Jooheon groaned and buried his head in his arms on the table.

Great, I missed my one and only chance to know about his connection with my dreams. What am I gonna do now?, Jooheon said to himself.

He decided to go back home since he already lost interest in the book he was reading. He stood up and went to put the book back on its shelf.

As he placed the book at its original spot, he saw a piece of paper, no, more precisely a sticky note, stuck on the same row as the book that Jooheon took. 

Jooheon looked closely at it and saw letters and some numbers written on it.

He pulled off the note and read it.

"My name's Changkyun, Lim Changkyun. Text me if you want :)"

And below those words were a bunch of numbers. It was his phone number.

Jooheon was speechless as he stared at the note with wide eyes. He didn't know whether it was the boy who wrote this or just a random guy who was looking for a blind date or something.

Jooheon was unsure but he kept the note in his pocket anyway. 

It was at night that Jooheon thought about the note again and contemplated whether to message the number or not. The more he thought about it, the more restless he became and his fingers were itching to send a message.

If this Changkyun guy really is that boy then that means he was looking at me the entire time since I stepped into the library. Because he knew where to place the sticky note so that I will find it when I put the book. 

Jooheon's thoughts ran wild in his head. He couldn't seem to stop thinking about the boy because he was too intriguing and full of mystery.

After a long debate, he finally decided to try his luck and message the number.

Jooheon took his phone and typed a quick and simple message.

"Heyy it's me, the guy at the library."

Right after he sent the message, he shoved his phone under his pillow and laid down on top of it. He was too nervous and scared that it might not be the right person. 

A few minutes went by and there was still no reply. Jooheon was breaking in cold sweat.

Suddenly, a 'ding' sound came off, meaning that a massage had come in and Jooheon sat up so fast he nearly felt dizzy.

He took a deep breath and opened the message

"Hey, took you long enough haha thought you didn't get the note"

Jooheon was so relieved and happy that it was really him. His lips formed a wide smile while typing a reply.

Their conversation consists of simple greetings and few questions about each other's life.

Jooheon couldn't shake off the feeling of uneasiness that night when he was about to sleep. He knew that this had something to do with Changkyun and his dreams.

He was determined to solve this mystery and connect his dreams with his reality.

For that, he just needs to stick around Changkyun as close as he can and view the life in Changkyun's perspective.