Details

Blue Moon

Jooheon's POV 

Today, I'm meeting up with Changkyun.

After I woke up from my dream last night, I couldn't think straight and my mind refused to fall asleep.

I was thinking about the 'clue' from the boy in my dream and it kept me awake all night long until Changkyun had messaged me for a meet up. 

I realised by then that it was already 8:03 in the morning. So, I went to to take a shower and clear up my mind along the way because Changkyun wanted to meet up at 9 for breakfast. 

I swear, he only has his eyes on food over others.

And here I am, at the Monaegi Cafe, sitting at the table by the corner while waiting for Changkyun. 

"He seems so eager to eat breakfast and yet he's the one who is late," I complain while drumming my fingers on the table.

A few seconds later, the cafe's doorbell jingles and I see Changkyun coming in, trying to catch his breath and frantically looking around the cafe.

This boy, just what has he been doing...

I shake my head and wave my hand in the air for him to see.

His face automatically lits up when he sees me and quickly makes his way to our table.

"I'm so sorry for being late. I had something to take care of at home and then I realised that I was running late so I sprinted here," Changkyun says in one breath as he sits down.

"It's okay I didn't wait that long," I reply.

Changkyun gives an apologetic smile and calls the waiter over.

"Alright, let's order because I'm starving and I might die if I don't eat breakfast."

I chuckle, "firstly, you're always hungry and secondly, stop being dramatic."

Changkyun only laughs and continues to order two sets of pancakes with extra bacon.

I bet his stomach has a freaking black hole that absorbs everything. That would explain why he never gets full.

Ten minutes later, I'm done eating but Changkyun still has a bit of pancakes left.

It will be okay if I ask some questions to him, right? As long as I don't act like a busybody or be too obvious about it.

"Hey, Changkyun."

"Hmm," He responses but still looking at his food.

I take a deep breath.

Here goes nothing.

"I'm curious, are you the only child in your family? I mean, you seem so because you're too high-spirited and pretty wild sometimes."

There, I asked him. I could get some clues from this.

Changkyun looks up from his food and laughs a little.

"People asked me this kind of question all the time. I guess, my personality does seem childish but I can't help it, really."

I only watch as he takes a sip of his drink and continue.

"Actually, no, I'm not the only child. I used to have a big brother here-"

My eyes go wide at his words.

An older brother.

The dead body. 

Oh my God, could that dream be real after all?

"-but now he's currently studying in Boston and won't be back soon so yeah you could say that I'm the only child for now."

I snap out of my thoughts upon hearing that and let out a breath I didn't know I was holding.

I've never felt so relieved. That dream was not about his brother.

"Oh I see. Well, you can act all childish when you're around me. I don't mind," I smile at Changkyun.

He gasps and fakes a glare, "don't tell me what to do. I'll do what I want whether you're present or not."

I can't help but laugh out loud. He is so cute and I would believe it if he tells me that he is a 5 years old child trapped in a 20 years old body.

"Alright little devil, now finish up your food so we can go somewhere else."

Changkyun grins and quickly goes back to eat his pancakes.

Yeah, I was thinking too deep into this. I'm sure it was nothing.

Changkyun will be fine.