Clue

Blue Moon

Jooheon's POV

It's weird.

I haven't had any creepy or disturbing dreams since seven days ago.

Since I talked to Changkyun.

We have been conversing with each other for a week now, through message and call, and it's safe to say that we are friends.

I first thought that Changkyun would be a quiet and reserved person because his appearance and expression kind of add to the point. But as we talked more with each other, I see him through an entirely different perspective. 

He is a very fun and easy going person, or to be precise, so extra and weird. Yup, a very interesting and good kind of weird. 

His company makes my life more entertaining than before, especially when he made those crappy jokes or when he told me how sad he was when he lost his puppy, or when he was always caught up in awkward situation wherever he went. 

I end up smiling, chuckling or laughing my off as response because every words that come out from his smart mouth are so amusing to me.

Apparently, I found out that Changkyun and I live in the same neighbourhood although I never seen him before. When I asked, Changkyun just said that he never like to leave his home and spent all his time in his room, mostly reading books.

We do plan to meet up again soon.

And a week went by just like that.

Now, I'm currently lying on my bed with my phone on my tummy. It's boring when I don't talk to Changkyun. Well, he did mention that he might not be able to use his phone at all today because of some circumstances.

I'm not in the mood to do anything, so I just let my thoughts run free in my mind while trying to fall asleep.

Why don't I dream about that boy anymore? Is it because I met his look-alike and now 'poof' they are gone forever. Maybe it's nothing but only a dream or my mind playing tricks on me.

Come to think of it, Changkyun doesn't seem to be 100% similar to that boy. I mean, their personalities and image are totally different.

If I were to describe it, Changkyun is like a warm light while that boy is darkness. Basically, an angel and a demon.

But who knows, even a fallen angel is originally an angel. 

How am I supposed to find a connection when there is not even a single clue. The dream were vivid, yes, but they were too unclear. I couldn't decipher what that boy was trying to convey through those dreams. 

The only sentence that the boy would recite continuously was "please save him".

Just who do I need to save? Why did I get these kind of dreams in the first place? 

And how will Changkyun fit into all of this?

"Ugh, I don't know anymore. This is stressing me out," I groan and cover my face with pillow.

I will just go to sleep and hope that tomorrow will be a great day.

***

There was blood everywhere. 

A body was lying on the ground. His whole body was covered by blood, his clothes were torn apart and he didn't seem to move at all. 

He was already dead. 

His face was unrecognisable because the damage was from his head and it caused the blood to flow down his face, spreading on the ground.

The sight was sickening.

The smell of gasoline and smoke filled up the air.

From afar, stood a boy who was looking at the scene.

He was wearing a white shirt and plaid red jacket paired up with black jeans. 

The boy, who seemed to be in a big shock, walked closer to the dead body on the ground. His face was pale, his heart was beating so fast and his hands were shaking as he reached to touch the body. 

His fresh and clean clothes were stained with blood.

The sight was too disturbing and it scarred him. When he couldn't find the pulse in the body on the ground, it was like his life was falling apart. He couldn't accept it.

His whimper turned into sob and then he broke down crying. His shaky hands clutched the dead body as he let out his emotions. 

"No! God, please no. This can't be happening," the boy cried his heart out, unable to accept the reality.

"Why?!"

And it all faded away with no trace behind.

The bloody scene suddenly changed into a white room. 

The room was empty, no, there was a boy who was wearing all white in the corner of the room. His back against the wall and he was hugging his knees while rocking back and forth.

A moment later, he stood up and walked until he was standing right in the middle of the room.

He placed his index finger in the air and wrote something.

​​​​​​After he was done, he dropped his hand and stood there, unmoving. A pain expression was plastered on his face.

"Please, save him. I'm begging you."

Right after those words left his mouth, everything was gone.

I wake up abruptly with a loud gasp, trying to catch my breath as mush as I can.

My whole body is drenched in sweat. 

"What was that dream," I muttered in a whisper while recalling the dream.

It felt so real, like I was there.

And that boy, there is no doubt that he is Changkyun. Then, who died? What is going on?

I rub my face and turn to look at the clock on the table, "It's 3:20 a.m."

"Wait-"

I get out off my bed and go to the drawer to find a pen and a paper.

He wrote something. It's a clue or a message. I need to write this down. 

"Alright, found it!" I sit back on my bed with a pen and paper and begin writing the message that the boy wrote.

"1129"

What does this number mean?