Youth: SoDa

Stay or Leave
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Danielle Kim and Somi Douma became bestfriends as soon as Dani moved to Korea at the age of 6. They got along easily because of their matching personalities, one is energetic while the other is calm and collected. Add the fact that their parents are business partners which means that they're "supposed" to hang out every time they could. It’s also a bonus that both knows how to speak in English since they have bad Korean grammar.

Their houses are practically 2 feet away from each other. They come and leave the school together. They eat lunch together and when their parents are away they eat dinner together too. During Fridays it’s a must that they’ll have a sleepover.

When they were eight Dani begged her parents to help her build a tree house. Her parents were glad to help her. She kept it a secret from Somi though and it’s really hard for her since she had to lie. She knows she also made Somi sad when she keeps on refusing her invitations for a play date.

“Dad, when are we going to finish this?” Dani asked as she paint the walls blue. She added rainbows and unicorns too since Somi really loves it.

“After you paint the exterior then we’ll paint the interior. Once they become dry we’ll buy some stuff for you to put in the tree house and then that’s it.”

“Can we buy bean bag chairs?”

“Yes sweetie, anything you want we’ll get.”

“How about a small tv? Somi really loves to watch Hannah Montana.”

“Uh, we’ll need to add some electrical stuff for that but sure.”

“Thank you daddy!”

Dani said and kissed her father. She went back to painting and all she could think of while doing it is how happy Somi will be once she sees their tree house. It helped her finish her task twice faster. Within a span of two weeks everything was ready and it’s time for Somi to see it.

Somi cried really hard after seeing the tree house which made Dani think that Somi hates it.  She asked Somi immediately what she wants to be changed and she’d do it. She only received a punch on the arm though.

“What was that for?”

“You lied to me! I thought you didn’t want to be friends with me anymore. I thought you were going to leave me.”

“How can I ever do that to you? You’re my best friend, I’d never hate you.”

Dani pulled Somi to her chest for a hug. “Don’t ever think for a second that I’d leave you Somi-ya,” Dani said to console the crying girl. It seems to work since she stopped crying.

“I really like it by the way.”

“Good because I filled it with everything you like.”

When they turned twelve, Dani started liking flowers and photography. Somi wanted to make Dani happy so she asked her mom to clear out some space in the garden where she could grow roses. She doesn’t like gardening so it surprised her mom and was hesitant. She still gave the space of land her daughter wanted though.

The space isn’t that big, it’s just about 3 square meters. Somi researched a lot in how to ta

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter