Chapter 9

My Pet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next morning, they continued on with their travels to Haidian. So far, the trip had been uneventful, no one wanted to bother the royal caravan. Minghao never ceased to look out the windows in wonder, making the prince wonder what he had seen on his way to Shenzhen.

As night fell, the caravan stopped for camp. "Bixia, we will be reaching Ganzhou village by midday tomorrow. We will stop for supplies, and be on our way."

"Good, please see to it that the horses are well rested." Junhui said, before walking into his tent with Minghao. Minghao sat on the floor by the mat, grabbing his robes to change into for bed. He winced as he stretched, drawing the vampire's attention. 

"Yang, are you alright? Are your wounds hurting you?" He questioned worriedly, sitting beside the human boy.

"I'm fine. Just a bit sore, is all." Minghao said, yawning a bit. Junhui sighed, pulling Minghao closer.

"Let me look, then," Junhui ordered softly, slowly pulling his robes off of his shoulders. Minghao stayed quiet, allowing the vampire to look at the slowly healing wounds on his back. He grimaced as the dirty bandages were removed. "Ah, good. They are healing nicely. I do need to change your bandages though." He said, going to grab the new bandages. Minghao nodded, rubbing his eyes sleepily.

"Good. I can't wait to get rid of those itchy bandages." Minghao complained, laying on his front with a small sigh. Junhui turned around, smiling softly. 

"Yang, I know you're tired, but I need you to sit up for me while I put on your bandages." Minghao whined, laying even flatter on the ground. Junhui chuckled, sitting beside him, lightly grabbing his shoulders. "Come on, sit up." He muttered, pulling him back into a sitting position. Minghao whined lightly in protest, but otherwise fell silent as the prince wrapped clean bandages around him.

"Can I sleep now?" Minghao asked, turning to look at him as he finished.

Junhui hummed in thought, holding Minghao up so he couldn't lay back down. "I think I deserve a reward, don't you?"

"Not if it hinders me from sleeping, you don't," Minghao grumbled, trying to lay down. He gasped as Junhui turned him around, hovering over him, a mischievous glint in his eye.

"Who are you to deny the prince what he wants? What he deserves?" He questioned, a playful snarl on his lips. "What makes you think I won't punish you for refusing the prince of his reward?" 

Minghao looked at him for a second, smiling and humming lightly. "You wouldn't hurt me." He said confidently, looking defiant as he confronted the vampire prince. "I can confidently say that you wouldn't do anything to me that I wouldn't like."

"Ah, Qin'ai de ke'ai xiao yang,  What makes you think you wouldn't like it?" The vampire asked with a smirk, watching the human boys face turn red. "What? Did you suddenly lose confidence?"

Minghao whined, covering his face to hide the blush that now resides on his cheeks. "You- You cant talk like that..." He mumbled from behind his hands. "It's not proper..."

"Improper how? There's no one else around besides us. You are my bloodmate, the one I'm destined to be with. Why shouldn't I talk that way?"

Minghao looked at him, a bit of confusion in his eyes. "That's what bloodmate means?" Junhui froze, tilting his head a bit as he looked at him. 

"I nev

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter