Chapter 3

My Pet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Junhui woke up the next morning to an empty mat. He sat up, looking around the room. "Did he leave again?" He mumbled to himself, standing up. As soon as he was standing, the doors to his room opened, showing Minghao standing in the doorway with two trays of food stacked on top of each other. Minghao froze, looking at him with wide eyes. Junhui saw him swallow nervously and bit back a smirk. He raised his hand, telling him to come into the room. He smirked at Minghao's hesitant step forward, taking a step closer himself. Minghao jumped as the doors closed behind him, glancing at them quickly before taking the trays to the table, setting them down. "I understand that I said you leaving to get breakfast wouldn't count as breaking a rule, but I've changed my mind. This is twice now I wake up to find you gone." He said, looking at him.

"I'm sorry, Gaodu. I was only doing my job." He apologised, holding his head down and his hands in front of him. Junhui nodded, coming closer him still.

"Well, I guess I'll need to rearrange our dining situation, won't I?" He said, looking at him. Minghao nodded, still looking down. Junhui stopped, standing in front of him. He put a hand under his chin, making him look up at him. "Did you sleep well, Xueku?" Minghao blushed, shifting his eyes to look away from him. "Look at me." He slowly brought his eyes back to look at him. Junhui smiled, looking into his eyes. "I, myself, had the best nights sleep ever. I think I should rearrange that as well." 

Minghao looked at him with wide eyes. "Wha-" He stopped himself, looking back down. "As you wish, Gaodu." He said, nodding. Junhui smirked, watching his reaction amusedly.  He nodded, suddenly putting on an air of authority.

"Very well. From now on, we will share a mat. I'll have the maids take your mat out while we're gone." Minghao nodded again, before turning to the table.

"We should eat." He said simply, setting out the dishes. Junhui sat down at the table, watching Minghao work. Minghao sat at his spot when he was finished, moving the trays off the table. 

Junhui smiled softly, starting to eat his food. He motioned for Minghao to start eating, nodding in approval as he immediately obeys.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Junhui sighed, walking around the palace, Minghao by his side. He turned slightly, glancing at him. The smaller boy was looking around the palace, trying to read all of the signs. Junhui smiled, noticing the way his lips move as he sounds out each character. It's been another two months since Junhui started teaching Minghao how to read and write, and he was progressing well. Junhui turned forward again, sighing boredly. He noticed that the boy was mindlessly following him, so he stopped abruptly, wanting to a bit. Minghao gasped lightly, bumping into his back. 

"Duibuqi*, Gaodu. I wasn't paying attention." He said, immediately bowing. Junhui turned around to look at him, making sure he looked as terrifying as possible.  

"You weren't paying attention? Why not? Your attention should always be focused on me, and no one or nothing else. Understood?" Minghao nodded, looking down. "Good," Junhui said, sm

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter