(S)He's a Baby (HanCheol)

Hansol & Music
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Song #3
She's a Baby - Zico

 

I can’t believe it

This is the first time

That I poured it out like this

Blunt words,Hidden feelings

Figured it out with just one kiss

 

It happened so fast that Seungcheol almost couldn't comprehend it. His body moved on its own as if he was on auto pilot where his reflex controlled him instead of his consciousness. Lips met with another pair of lips in short barely intimate kiss with two pairs of brown eyes staring at each other, one blown open in surprise while the other narrowed in regret.

Pulling back from the unresponsive kiss dejectedly, Seungcheol was not able to look at Hansol’s still shocked face. He sent his gaze away across the empty parking lot, glad that it was late at night and no one saw him throwing himself into light kiss with the brunette boy.

The more he thought about it, the more than anything Seungcheol wanted to run away. But he knew the younger boy in front of him deserved at least an explanation from him. “Hansol..” He started, gulping down the building nervousness as he looked at the other’s face which was still layered by heavy disbelief.

Preparing himself for the worst, -he deserved the worst indeed, kissing Hansol out of the blue as if he thought he got the chance to be with Hansol, to date him- Seungcheol finally let out the words he had been dying to say to the young boy.

“I love you.”


She’s a baby, once you get to know her, she’s a baby

 

Seungcheol had always been looking at Hansol since the first time they met. And getting to know the younger was like a blessing to him. He met Hansol at the younger’s first day in the university. Being the cousin of Hong Jisoo and also living with said cousin, Hansol was bounded to meet Jisoo’s friends sooner or later.

He loved the boy, honestly, who wouldn’t anyway? Just seeing how the boy's face lit up whenever he tasted delicious meal, brightened excitedly when playing games and jokes, serious and contemplative look adorned his face when he studied hard; Seungcheol couldn't help but adored every one of them. Not to mention there was also a look of interest whenever someone brought up a subject he liked, and passion burning in his eyes when his favorite beats came up and he rapped along smoothly. Hansol was a sight to behold, no one could deny it and Seungcheol couldn't do any better.

He enjoyed every expressions he could see on the younger’s face, even though -he sadly thought- he was not the one who created such delightful expression on his face.

“Hyung?”

Jolting away from his thought, Seungcheol looked up at Hansol who was sitting across him. The elder blinked his eyes numerous times as if he had forgotten how he and Hansol ended up sitting together in the middle of cafe near their university.

“What is it, Hansol?” He asked after he saw the books spread open on the table between them, right, he was helping Hansol with his assignment.

Hansol raised his eyebrow questioningly, “Are you tired, hyung? If you are, we can call it a day. Or a night literally.” He said, shrugging his shoulders while looking outside.

Glancing briefly to see what's outside the window, the elder looked at his wristwatch which told him that it was almost midnight. And a once over look across the cafe told him how deserted the place had been compared to when he and Hansol came into here which was hours ago. “Have you finished it?” he asked noting how tired the younger looked.

Hansol looked down at his paper before shaking his head. “Not yet. Just one more problem.”

“Do you need help with it?” Seungcheol asked taking the book. A soft hum sounded from him as he looked over the assignment before placing it back down in front of Hansol. “If you hurry, I think you can finish it soon. And this one is not as difficult.” He said encouragingly after reading it.

“Really?” Hansol brightened up at that, finding his energy back at the possibility of finishing the assignment without the need to pull an all nighter. Taking his pen up, his light brown eyes moved onto the next problem he had to tackle.

Loving how his words could simply make Hansol cheered up again, Seungcheol offered. “Do you want me to order coffee for you?”

Hansol heard his hyung asked him when he started writing down on his book. He paused his hand mid air pondering about it as he chewed on his bottom lip before shaking his head. “No, thanks. If I drink more, I might not be able to find my sleep.” He answered jokingly, looking up from his book to laugh with his hyung who reached out his hands to cup Hansol’s cheeks.

“Right. You have to finish this soon and go sleep. Aigoo. Look at this eye bag.” The elder cooed worriedly as his thumbs rubbed the darkening skin under Hansol’s eyes softly.

After another set of laugh shared between them and a gentle pat to his head, the younger went back to his problem. While Seungcheol looked to his side where their things scattered on the other half part of the desk which could provide enough space for up to four people. Knowing Hansol would finish soon, he tidied up his own books into his backpack as he carefully pushed the glasses and plates aside from their things.

Once done with his belongings, he glanced at his junior who was still working on his last problem.

 

You’re special, I admit

All of my concerns focus on only you

It’s okay, I’ll look after you all day

 

Looking at Hansol still writing down rows of words, Seungcheol never expected the younger boy to latch himself with him just because they happened to take the same major. Sure, with Seungcheol’s 3 years experiences –now going 4 years- he could be a good senior whom the junior could ask help to, yet Hansol -despite his shyness- being the social butterfly he was, he could always ask other senior or his own classmate to help him. And yet, here he was, inside the cafe near their university where lot of students always came to do their paper comfortably with scent of coffee wafting around the room boosting the tired students; Seungcheol sat across the younger boy, helping or more like just accompanying Hansol while the latter worked on his assignment.

He didn’t remember since when this little shared moment started, but Seungcheol remembered how he enjoyed every time they met up like this. Sometimes, both of them would be too busy with their own assignments that they didn’t even talk with each other for hours beside asking question here and there. Some other time, they were just sitting there, no assignment between them, sipping their favourite coffee while chatting about everything that came up to their mind until they lost time.

“Done!” Small exclamation pulled the older from his thought, prompting him to bring his attention back on the brunette who was grinning at his book while his eyes checking his work for any mistakes.

“You done?” The older asked, reaching out his hand to grab the book and checked how well the younger did his work.

“Is it good enough?” Hansol asked, already tidying up his pen and books, stuffing them into his messenger bag while waiting for his hyung checking his assignment.

After reading it until the last word, Seungcheol nodded approvingly. “Very good. And you did this own your own..” Giving the book back, Seungcheol patted the fluffy brunette hair like a proud father toward his son.

Grinning at the other, Hansol put his book inside his bag. “Well, it’s thanks to you, hyung. You helped me a lot by explaining the basic clearly that I could understand it easily.”

“That’s too flattering. Beside, Jisoo and Jeonghan also helped a lot.” The older replied back, reluctant to accept the compliment alone.

Smiling at the wide grin Hansol threw at him, Seungcheol wanted to stay a little longer with the younger. Yet the midnight which had came so soon, preventing him to do so. Standing up when Hansol had slung his bag across his shoulder, he asked. “How are you going to go home now? You need me to give you a ride?” Seungcheol offered worriedly at Hansol, he didn’t want to let his adorable junior to walk back home alone in the middle of midnight, beside, he never minded to give the other a ride after their study session in the cafe.

Following Seungcheol, Hansol stood up too then with the slightly taller man walked out of the cafe toward the parking lot where Seungcheol’s motorbike was at. “No need to. Wonwoo hyung will pick me up.”

At the mention of one of his juniors –and also Hansol’s senior- Seungcheol could feel his happiness dropped a bit. He had heard from some people in their university that Wonwoo and Hansol was dating each other, but Seungcheol refused to acknowledged it. It was only gossip, he told himself.

He knew how close Hansol was with Wonwoo, seeing how Wonwoo often giving the younger a ride and also the lingering touches and hugs shared between them, it was like futile attempt to not accepting that fact. But gossip was still a gossip, Seungcheol thought. Neither Hansol nor Wonwoo confirmed whether they were really dating or not, or whether they even aware of said gossip in the first place. That’s why, for his own peace of mind, Seungcheol would think that they didn’t date each other; they were just close friend, his mind supplied.

How Hansol and Wonwoo knew each other, it was started by Jisoo who was worried about his cousin whether he got friend or not among students his ages, because Hansol was too often hanging out with them that it made Jisoo thought that Hansol didn’t have other friend –beside Seungkwan, that’s it- in his year. Then both Seungcheol and Jeonghan offered to introduce some of their friends to help Hansol expanding his circle of friends.

Jeonghan introduced Hansol to his and also Jisoo’s vocal team -the team in which Seungkwan also happened to join at the start of his year- while Seungcheol introduces Hansol to his rapper friends -Seungcheol realized later that it was wrong move because Wonwoo took more liking toward Hansol than he had has expected, much to Mingyu’s amusement as his best friend wasn’t the type who easily get interested in someone-.

Not that Seungcheol regretted it, he was actually glad because Mingyu and Wonwoo prompted different expressions to show up on Hansol’s face. Just like the time when Hansol was delighted by Mingyu’s culinary skill or how Hansol chatted animatedly when he talked about books with Wonwoo. Those two were some thing he couldn't see by himself, he admitted.

Back to his current situation, Seungcheol scolded himself for not having enough courage to give Hansol a ride to his home. He could have done so if Wonwoo didn’t offer to Hansol first. “I see. When will he come?” he asked, hiding the ugly disappointment deep inside his mind as he leaned back a bit on his bike.

 

Hansol looked back at his phone which he had taken out from his jacket pocket after putting his things into his bag. “He only said that he will reach here soon.” The younger said, while looking around the area to find Wonwoo. “Oh! There he is.”

Looking back, Seungcheol saw a black and red sporty motorbike coming with smooth roar toward them before it slowly stopped right in front of them. The one who rode it had lean built body hidden under the leather jacket as his leather gloved hand pushed up the glass on his helmet to show his playful smirk at the two.

“Hey.” Wonwoo greeted the oldest with small smile as he passed the spare helmet to Hansol who immediately walked toward him and wore it safely.

“Hey.” Smiling back at his junior, Seungcheol greeted back shortly knowing that there was no need to start a conversation as Ha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter