Part 6

Wonderland | Twice

“So Sana, what do you want to do today?” Dahyun asked her, once Sana had taken a seat down on the edge of the table, grabbing a slice of what resembled cake.

“Hmm can we go to the white kingdom please?” she asked, but as soon as she finished her request the table fell silent, and Chaeyoung shot Dahyun a sympathetic smile that Sana missed.

“That isn’t exactly easy Dahyun, apart from during the festival times, the white kingdom is sealed off from the red, and there is only one entrance, which is guarded and if the guards saw us there, they would report back to Momo, which is not good for either of you.” Jihyo said, shaking her head.

“I have a question?” Sana asked the others.

“Yes?” Jeongyeon asked, looking up from her food.

“Those vegetables I had last night, they sent me straight to sleep?”

“Oh yeah, those are what we eat for dinner, right before we sleep.” Jihyo replied.

“Can’t we give the guards those?” Sana asked, she had been trained wince she was little to be a quick thinker, and always know how to get out of a situation that she didn’t want.

“That’s a good idea, but how would we get to the food, it’s in the kitchens and there is no way we can get into there.” Dahyun asked.

“Well. There is an outside source.” Chaeyoung murmured.

Dahyun groaned. “Finnnnnneeee.” Chaeyoung cover us and say we’ve gone to the lake, se won’t look for us there.

“Done.” Chaeyoung nodded, as Dahyun stood up, grabbing Sana’s wrist again. “Come on, we’ve got some work to do.” And the two set off on a walk out of the gates, arriving at the edge of a forest.

“Stay close Sana. The woods aren’t safe here.” Dahyun said, as she led Sana through the forest, sticking to the edge of the path. Pft, Sana thought, she had had years of training in combat and stealth, she didn’t need a bunny looking after her. So as Dahyun walked through the path, just for a second Sana strayed into the trees, following some kind of howling coming from inside, but the second she made a single step, a great rumbling erupted from behind her, and she turned to see some gigantic furry beast running at an alarming speed straight towards her. “SANA!” Dahyun yelled, running towards her and shoving both them out of the way of the beast, Sana landing flat on the ground, and Dahyun almost landing on top of her, with her arms supporting her, but their faces were extremely close together.

“What are you-“ Sana began to ask but Dahyun brought a finger to her lips, gesturing for her to be quiet as the footsteps faded away. “Bandersnatch” she mouthed.

Once the noise had died away, Dahyun got off Sana and stood up, pulling Sana up. “And that Sana, is why you listen when I tell you to stay with me. Sana simply huffed at her and glared. “That doesn’t mean you have to literally throw yourself on me.” She snapped. “You think that I wanted to do that?” she asked incredulously. “I don’t know” Sana yelled. “Maybe ask your heart as it was beating so bloody fast!” She wasn’t sure where that last bit came from, and they were both pretty taken aback, and spent most of the remaining walk in silence, it was too awkward. Dahyun felt hurt that Sana reacted so badly, and Sana felt bad for acting out and calling her out on her heart beating so fast, she didn’t mean it in a bad way, it was more her being confused as to why her own heart was doing the same…