Part 5

Wonderland | Twice

And this is your room.” Chaeyoung stated, dancing from door after door speedily until she found the door that Momo had instructed Chaeyoung to take her too, but again Sana noticed a slight flinch in Chaeyoung’s mood when they arrived at the door, and she had a feeling this would be happening a lot.

Chaeyoung simply flashed her a grin, tipping her hat once more, allowing her to enter the room. The room was mostly red and black, with white and black tiles covering the entirety of the walls and floor alike. Paintings were over most surfaces, particularly ones of the suits you would find on a pack of cards.

Where would she get all her clothes? All she had was the dress she was wearing and the skirt and t shirt that she had come in. But she opened one door by the bed to find something similar to the wardrobe carriage, covered in rack after rack of dresses, skirts, waistcoats, cardigans, tights, shoes, jewellery, that happened to fit her perfectly.

She slumped down onto her bed in her new found nightdress, realising that she had anything to eat, but as she looked to the table, a plate of stewed vegetables that were unfamiliar to her, but she ate them anyway, strangely liking the taste, but a strange sudden want to sleep washed over her, and she fell fast asleep onto the covers. Dahyun came in afterwards, pulling the covers over her head.

Sana felt her eyelids slide open, the first thing she saw was a black and white tiled ceiling. At first, she had no idea where she was, but she soon began to relax when the memories of the previous days came flooding back to her.

She wiped the sleep out of her eyes, and sat up, pulling off the covers she hadn’t remembered sliding under anyway, finding a note on her bedside table. “Hey it’s Dahyun, if you want breakfast meet me outside in the courtyard, Chaeyoung should be there as well.” It read, and Sana smiled, pulling on some red tights, a white dress and a weird corset thingy she found already laid out for her. Once she pulled on her boots and brushed her hair, she pushed open the door from her room, and realised something. She had no idea where the exit of this huge castle was, and had no idea how to get out. She figured that it had to be somewhere, so she decided to aimlessly walk the corridors until she found a door to the gardens of some kind.

“Going Somewhere?” A voice said, as Sana looked up at the slanted window ledge, to reveal a sceptical cat giving her a look, and in an instance the cat was a girl again, crossing her legs, winking at Sana again.

“Oh Mina. I am just going outside, do you know where that is?” she asked the neko hopefully.

Mina pushed herself down to be on ground level with Sana and simply said “Oh it’s that way.”

“Which way is that way?”

“That way is that way.” Mina insisted.

“BUT WHICH WAY IS THAT CAN’T YOU POINT OR SOMETHING?” Sana muttered frustrated at the clearly smug Mina, who just winked again and disappeared.

“Arggh” Sana internally roared in frustration, clenching her fists and continued walking until she reached an end with two possible routes leading opposite directions, and in the middle a sign was placed, with two arrows pointing down the routes, one reading ‘this way’ and the other saying ‘that way’. Sana grunted and headed down the ‘that way’ path. That bloody kitty couldn’t just specify what the hell she was going on about? She sighed again until the corridor stopped, and she reached a glass door leading to what looked to be the outside. She pushed open the doors to reveal what seemed to be meadow… with a rather extravagant table set out, in which she could make out about 6 other figures, which became clearer with each step she took towards them.

“Ah Sana you found us.” Dahyun called out, waving her hands , gesturing for Sana to join them, but when she got close enough to take a seat, she noticed it wasn’t… normal. The six figures has been Dahyun, Chaeyoung, Miss Kitty smug face, those two girls from earlier and one girl she didn’t recognise. She was wearing a maroon jacket, white dress and gold waistcoat, with hat like Chaeyoung’s, but like Dahyun she had two large pointy ears coming out of the tip of the hat.

“Sana, this is Jihyo, she is the March hare.” Chaeyoung said, introducing the two to each other.

Sana took a second to take a look at the ‘table’. Chaeyoung was floating in mid-air whilst reading a newspaper and drinking tea, Mina was full on lying across the table, shoving down what had to be pancakes, the two girls, Nayeon and Jeongyeon were sitting on the edges of the table fighting with spoon, using the bowls as helmets.

What the hell was this strange world she just entered?