My Heart Will Never Give Up On You

Unspoken Words

He glanced down at the plane ticket which was clutched tightly in his hands. His flight was due to take off in 10 more minutes and truthfully, he wasn’t keen on leaving.

But staying put will just makes it unbearable for him to be around her anymore. He has given up hoping she would remember him again. She thinks of him as a stranger now. A stranger whom she was afraid of.

And besides, she already has him now. He will take good care of her; he will make sure no harm would come her way. He will...

“Jin Ki!”

The suitcase dropped from his left hand with a loud thud. That voice, he’d recognise that voice anywhere.

But it was calling him; it was calling out for his name.

He whirled around, half expecting himself to be daydreaming but at the same time hoping it was all real too.

“Jin Ki,” she called out breathlessly as she stopped a few feet away from him.

Yes. It was really the girl whom he had been waiting for. The girl whom had driven him almost insane by pushing him out of her thoughts.

The girl whom his heart can never give up on.

“Seung Yeon.”

“Are you leaving?” she asked in a hoarse voice.

Had she been crying? Did he make her upset somehow?

“I...I guess I am,” he answered quietly. “You...you remember me.”

“Yes. I remember it all now,” she said as she took a step closer to him. “I remember it all now and you’re leaving me again?”

Her voice, it was so heartbreaking. He wouldn’t leave her again. He wouldn’t dare to repeat the same mistake again.

“Seung Yeon!” he rushed forward and wrapped his arms tightly around her petite frame. “I won’t. I’m not going anywhere. I’m going to stay here with you,” he murmured into her hair.

She pulled away from him slowly and lifted up her head to look up at him in the eye.

“Is that a promise?”

He cupped both of her cheeks in his hands and gave her a weary smile.

“I’ve never broken any of my promises towards you, have I?”

Her lips started to curve up at the corners, for the first time since he return. She’s giving him the smile which he had been craving for so bad.

“I’m sorry. I’m sorry for everything,” she spoke up suddenly.

He pulled her into an embrace once again.

“It’s okay Seung Yeon. It’s okay. What matters now is that you’re fine. And I’m not going to leave you again.”

She gave him a small nod and said,

“Let’s go home now shall we? You won’t need this ticket anymore,” she plucked it out from his hand.

“Yes,” he chuckled. “I won’t need it. Unless you’re going to deny my existence one more time.”

She pouted her lips disapprovingly as she stared hard at him.

“Okay I’m sorry,” he pinched her nose lightly. “Let’s go now.”

Just as they were about to leave, did she realised someone was blocking their path.

The guy whom she has owed so much to. The one who had stood by her all these while. The one who didn’t give up on her one bit when she was in her darkest moments.

“Min Hwan,” she froze on the spot.

“Seung Yeon,” he called out calmly. “Are you feeling better now?”

“Y...yes,” she stammered. “What are you doing here?”

“I followed you. I was worried, when you went out alone. So I figured I should keep an eye on you just in case. But it turns out, you won’t be needing me anymore,” he said as his eyes flickered over towards Jin Ki who had stiffened up beside her.

“Min Hwan,” she started. “I’m sorry. I...”

“It’s okay,” he cut her off. “You don’t have to apologise for anything. I’m glad to see you’re all okay now. And you,” he turned towards Jin Ki. “You better take good care of her, you understand?”

“I will. You don’t have to worry.”

“That’s good. Don’t get into anymore trouble okay Seung Yeon?”

“I won’t,” her lips quivered. “You must stay healthy too.”

He seemed to hesitate for a moment before leaning forward to give her a hug. A farewell hug. Because he knew, there was no reason for him to stick around any longer.

“Stay strong,” he whispered into her ear. “If you ever need me, I’ll be here for you.”

He could see the tears which had already started b in her eyes. His own tears were threatening to spill out. Seung Yeon has become a part of him. But now they have to go their own separate ways.

She needed Jin Ki, she has never stopped loving him. It was just a matter of time and he knew it too.

“Goodbye Seung Yeon,” he turned around to give her one last sad smile before walking away.

Jin Ki wrapped one arm around her shoulder and pulled her close as she shut her eyes tightly to prevent the tears from coming out.

He will never make her shed another tear.

 

Note; I won't disappoint you lovely OnYeon shippers :) so I decided to give you guys a break from sad dramatic endings and did this :)) Hope you guys like it.